Free Planespotting Database?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gavin
    You're database is great, absolutely loving it, keep it up!
    All the best
    Dylan (dylanfa7x)

Comment

Hi SWM
      I have been spotting a good number of years and my logs are in an Excel spreadsheet, column headings are..

PREFIX / REG / EX REG / CON NO / MAKER / TYPE / DATE SEEN / WHERE / HEX CODE / REMARKS

Ex Reg I only put the last one, and I added hex code 2 years ago, because lots of spotting is done on from the SBS
      as I live near LHR

In the case of U.S.A. I have split it into 1's (i.e. 1,10-19,100-199, 1000-19999)
      2's (2, 20-29, 200- 299, 2000-20000) e.t.c, I am sure you get the idea. The last letter(s) in a column on their own.
      Doing U.S.A. in straight number format soon became unwealdy, especially after having been to Oshkosh.
      H.T.H.
      Terry

Comment

Hi Rich
        Thank you very much for your interest but....I have had a look and decided it was not for me.
        As stated I have been spotting for many years (and consequently am a crotchety old man) and quite happy to continue as I am. A quick count up shows my logs as a little over 43,500, so am reluctant to put them (or part of them) at 'risk'.
        I am not particularly computer 'savvy', I think they are wonderful, it's just a shame the programmers aren't blessed with a little common sense. I am not a fan of Google, I have had a little problem with them, when I went to use my Googlemail email account in Germany (at Hahnweide) last month, they blocked it. Very sensible for an account you are supposed to be able to use worldwide, yes I did use the correct password and yes I have used it in Europe & India before.
        I have an SBS 1er, which I use pretty much daily, I am not a frequent FR24 user, but I do prefer it to Planefinder.
        I suspect your mobile version will not work too well on my Nokia 6310i , and I have no inclination to 'upgrade'.
        If you would like to explain what you need in the way of 'a cut down version' of my spreadsheet, I will do my best to oblige.
        Please don't take any of the above as getting at you personally, remember I am a crotchety old man.
        Thanks again & have fun
        Terry

Comment

Updates to the site

Originally posted by dylanjgrant View Post
          Gavin
          You're database is great, absolutely loving it, keep it up!
          All the best
          Dylan (dylanfa7x)
          Thanks Dylan, really appreciate the feedback.

I've made some recent updates to the website, so since last year you can now, edit or delete aircraft you have logged.

More recently, I've added lots of spotting statistics which allows users to see reports of their complete log, showing things like locations, aircraft type, registration or airline, so this is really good for analyising trends in your spotting.

We've over 200 members and 20,000 aircraft logged soon hoping to add photo upload to the logs.

Gavin

Comment

You may want to give SpottingLog - www.spottinglog.com a try, just launched for mobile and desktop users allowing for unlimited trips, sightings, photos and use, advert free as well. You can signup for a free trial if you wanted?
            ===

Kind regards
            Simon Fewkes

EASA PPL (A)
            Keen Aviation Photographer
            www.spottinglog.com

Comment

Working...
            X