F-WSSS1 Off for 1 week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erbium6 View Post
    Yeah I noticed that there ain't no signal. I'm a super follower for WSSS-1. Amy idea how I can contribute to this also?

Thanks !
    What's so interesting about F-WSSS-1 that made you a "super follower" ?
    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie View Post
      T-WSSS4 is "on the air" only when I am home. Have to power OFF when I am not around as fire prevention.

Using a DVB-T Dongle and rtl1090 to feed into FR24.com to cut off The Chief Thief.

Not bad for a Dongle to have such good range out into the South China Sea ( NOT West Philippines Sea ) !

Few days ago, I was feeding FR24 with my RB and discovered The Chief Thief was still stealing my data.

Since WSSS is an important feed ( I only realised it when I am off the air and it caused a stir here and Facebook ), its a good idea for a "Standby FR24 Receiver".
      shows the importance of having few feeders for an area... it is much more robust in providing coverage.

Have you tried adsb sharp? it appears to be better than the rtl1090. or perhaps you should get a mode s beast as a standy FR24 receiver lol.

NB - there seems to be a tendency for the FR24 receiver to malfunction after a while? F-VHHH1 did.. and now F-WSSS1. They don't seem to be that 'tough'?
      Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-08-19, 11:26.

Comment

What's so interesting about F-WSSS-1 that made you a "super follower" ?
        Well I can see the aircraft from where I am located and its very accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by erbium6 View Post
          Well I can see the aircraft from where I am located and its very accurate.
          Where are you located to enable you to see the aircraft ?
          F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
            shows the importance of having few feeders for an area... it is much more robust in providing coverage.
            Lets coat the components with Conformal and paint the box GREEN - those green boxes are very robust but they still fail.

Have you tried adsb sharp? it appears to be better than the rtl1090. or perhaps you should get a mode s beast as a standy FR24 receiver lol.
            Good idea for you to send me a unit free of charge. I have spent enough $$ on the antenna system.

NB - there seems to be a tendency for the FR24 receiver to malfunction after a while? F-VHHH1 did.. and now F-WSSS1. They don't seem to be that 'tough'?
            For a box that is painted "black" to function 24/7 for 5 months, its performance is considered very good.
            Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-08-19, 18:23. Reason: Quotation marks corrected.

Comment

Good idea for you to send me a unit free of charge. I have spent enough $$ on the antenna system.
              When the time comes.. I will notify you. But don't depend on me... hopefully some rich people could give us some cash impetus lol

For a box that is painted "black" to function 24/7 for 5 months, its performance is considered very good.
              Not wanting to start an argument or what... but I suspect most Kinetic products (SBS1er,SBS3) and other receivers ( beast/antenni's USB receiver) works quite well 24/7/365? But the FR24 receiver's performance of course is very good and very fast!

Comment

Where are you located to enable you to see the aircraft ?
                Nearby Changi

Comment

[receiver reliability]

May be off topic, but do you use something to protect the receiver from static charge build up on the antenna and lightening induced voltage surges down the wire - especially in places where you have much more 'interesting' weather than we have in Europe?

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                    [receiver reliability]

May be off topic, but do you use something to protect the receiver from static charge build up on the antenna and lightening induced voltage surges down the wire - especially in places where you have much more 'interesting' weather than we have in Europe?
                    WSSS has the most lightning strikes on earth.

I have take all precautions - surge arrestor at the Antenna Input of the Mash Head Amplifier, Mast is also grounded, etc.

Comment

Not bad for a Dongle - I got 46 aircrafts listed in the rtl1090.

One day, F-WBGG1 might not like me for "intruding into his territory". LOL

Comment

Birdie, you having problems, your on and off a lot these last few days,

Comment

Originally posted by sirsteve View Post
                          No Problems !

My radar is ON when I am at home and it is OFF when I leave home - for fire prevention as no one is at home.

I also can't afford to run a 200 Watts PC 24/7.

Comment

Originally posted by sirsteve View Post
                            No Problems !

My radar is ON when I am at home and it is OFF when I leave home - for fire prevention as no one is at home.

I also can't afford to run a 200 Watts PC 24/7.
                            I might be wrong, but I think sirsteve means what's the problem with the FR24 receiver?

Comment

Birdie,

you running 2 receivers separately (F-WSSL1 and T-WSSS4) or F-WSSL1 is someone else's?

My guess is you are running 2 receivers alongside each other.. judging from the coverage. but I might be wrong lol.

Comment

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                                Birdie,

you running 2 receivers separately (F-WSSL1 and T-WSSS4) or F-WSSL1 is someone else's?

My guess is you are running 2 receivers alongside each other.. judging from the coverage. but I might be wrong lol.

Yes, I am running 2 receivers together ! The new receiver arrived.

But, I had the unfortunate opportunity to witness something other T- feeders have been complaining about : F-feeders sidelining T-feeders.

T-WSSS4 was feeding the network happily and I can see all the planes that T-WSSS4 captured.

When I powered up the new FR24 receiver ( F-WSSL1 ), after a few minutes - T-WSSS4 losing plane one after another to F-WSSL1.

Even the plane where I clicked on and the left side panel show Radar = T-WSSS4 - suddenly was lost the plane to F-WSSL1.

Eventually, T-WSSS4 lost all the planes it had been tracking to F-WSSL1.

I feed the 2 receivers with the same antenna via a Mini-Circuit 2-Ports OUT Splitter. I switched the Output Ports for the FR24 receiver and the DVB-T Dongle = same result.
                                Last edited by Birdie; 2013-08-31, 05:27.

Comment

Working...
                                X