Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plane Spotting Log Software. What do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plane Spotting Log Software. What do you use?

I've been spotting for about 10 years now and all of my logs i've saved in Excel spreadsheets. Its becoming a bit cumbersome now and was wondering what you guys use to keep records of your logs?

I've downloaded the demo of Spot2Log (I like that you can link your photos to your logs) which looks quite good but cant find an awful lot on what other people think of it. Its got a 25 entry limit so you cant really tell that much from the demo. There are other types such as ADU but the price is a bit steep for me, and some other ones which dont look quite so refined.

So should I stick with Excel spreadsheets - dead basic, or go for something a bit more functional. Are there any more different bits of software that you use? I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

I have used the Free Demo version and was very impressed with it. I have not purchased the Full Version as i don't do Spotting, when i originally downloaded it i had some problems with the registration key, the support was excellent from the owner, after three Emails the problem was resolved quickly.

I would say that for the one off fee they charge with free updates, its good value for money.
    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-07-10, 20:21.
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

As a reletive newbie I looked around for ages then d/l spot2Log and began using it.

I think it is brilliant. There are a fewthings I'd like to see which I emailed the developer about but overall I was VERY impressed.

I paid my £12 (or whatever it is) and am impresed.

My main irk is that you need to be attached to the internet when entering the Reg Number as it performs a look up to populate the plane type and airlines. But if you have a biig long list already in it you can just choose whichever airline you need. I suspect if you have a very long list of histoorical sightings then you will need to put these in manually anyway so this would not be a problem.

There is no import from excel or csv etc although the they are looking in to it.

Would I recommend it?

HELL YES !
      Interested in all Austrian (any registrations beginning OE) info and using a DVB-T Dongle with Basestation.

Comment

Website for logging aircraft you have seen

Originally posted by Lensmeister View Post
        As a reletive newbie I looked around for ages then d/l spot2Log and began using it.

I think it is brilliant. There are a fewthings I'd like to see which I emailed the developer about but overall I was VERY impressed.

I paid my £12 (or whatever it is) and am impresed.

My main irk is that you need to be attached to the internet when entering the Reg Number as it performs a look up to populate the plane type and airlines. But if you have a biig long list already in it you can just choose whichever airline you need. I suspect if you have a very long list of histoorical sightings then you will need to put these in manually anyway so this would not be a problem.

There is no import from excel or csv etc although the they are looking in to it.

Would I recommend it?

HELL YES !
        If anyone is still interested, I've found a website http://spottedplanes.co.uk which is free to log all your aircraft sightings. You view your logged aircraft then and filter it with a search for anything you like, date, time, aircraft type, registration, serial number.

There isn't an import function but there is export of your log. You just email the admin and they can export it to loads of different formats, .csv, .pdf, .xml, opentext spreadsheet etc.

Really good, worth a look as its completely free.

Gav
        Last edited by brumgav; 2013-08-18, 08:55.

Comment

Hope this is ok to post here but I am developing a new online spotting log application called SpottingLog, the link is in my signature.
          ===

Kind regards
          Simon Fewkes

EASA PPL (A)
          Keen Aviation Photographer
          www.spottinglog.com

Comment

Originally posted by sfewkes View Post
            Hope this is ok to post here but I am developing a new online spotting log application called SpottingLog, the link is in my signature.
            Looks to be the same as planelogger.com. Does it have a database of current and historical aircraft that you can search, and add a sighting just by clicking them?

Comment

Sorry to bring up a very old thread. I have just started using SpottingHub. Does anyone else use it? So far it has been good for me as it’s quick and simple to use compared to others out there.
              SpottingHub is an online plane spotting logbook and database for plane spotters to log their aircraft sightings quickly, easily and cheaply..

Comment

Originally posted by scottstacey View Post
                Sorry to bring up a very old thread. I have just started using SpottingHub. Does anyone else use it? So far it has been good for me as it’s quick and simple to use compared to others out there.
                What key features differentiate SpottingHub from other similar options?

Comment

Working...
                X