Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming soon: Flightradar24 version 3.0 (Next Generation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to be able to check the status of my feeder setup even when I was not at home by checking the Android app on my phone.
    Alas – I see this is no longer possible with the new version because the “radar” information has been deemed not necessary on that app.
    Mike has hinted a number of times in the past that displaying the “radar” data gives them more trouble than it is worth.
    I have been expecting that this data will disappear entirely sometime in the future.
    This idea is re-enforced by an apparent commitment that the GUI of all the different versions of the app are likely to be similar down the track.
    That is, maybe all versions will not have “radar” data (including the normal browser version).
    I think the quality of feeder data will be seriously impacted by this action and many reliable 24x7 feeders will be very disappointed with this outcome.
    We take our hobby seriously and check our feed quality regularly. The recognition of our contribution by displaying “radar” data is also an important reward.
    I understand that new feeders can be frustrated by this, but good quality feeders do need to be encouraged rather than hope that a large number of marginal feeders can replace them.
    Maybe independent feeders will become second-class-citizens compared to FR24 kit feeders sometime in the future when FR24 kits cover the globe.
    But it seems sad that this great service is being built with the support of a large number of loyal hobbyists who end up being very disappointed and alienated.
    My two cents worth.
    Ken T-YBBN1

Comment

Originally posted by Kemistry View Post
      I used to be able to check the status of my feeder setup even when I was not at home by checking the Android app on my phone.
      Alas – I see this is no longer possible with the new version because the “radar” information has been deemed not necessary on that app.
      Mike has hinted a number of times in the past that displaying the “radar” data gives them more trouble than it is worth.
      I have been expecting that this data will disappear entirely sometime in the future.
      This idea is re-enforced by an apparent commitment that the GUI of all the different versions of the app are likely to be similar down the track.
      That is, maybe all versions will not have “radar” data (including the normal browser version).
      I think the quality of feeder data will be seriously impacted by this action and many reliable 24x7 feeders will be very disappointed with this outcome.
      We take our hobby seriously and check our feed quality regularly. The recognition of our contribution by displaying “radar” data is also an important reward.
      I understand that new feeders can be frustrated by this, but good quality feeders do need to be encouraged rather than hope that a large number of marginal feeders can replace them.
      Maybe independent feeders will become second-class-citizens compared to FR24 kit feeders sometime in the future when FR24 kits cover the globe.
      But it seems sad that this great service is being built with the support of a large number of loyal hobbyists who end up being very disappointed and alienated.
      My two cents worth.
      Ken T-YBBN1
      I'm not sure if I understand the "second-class-citizens" and FR24 receiver vs feeders discussion in your post, but the radar code is there like it has always been and it's just as unreliable as it has always been https://www.dropbox.com/s/mlhj16rfgj...2006.58.07.png
      The place for checking feed status is https://premium.flightradar24.com/premium/ and nowhere else

Comment

Thanks Oblivian. Unfortunately, my laptop does not have any of the functions you suggested.

Comment

Thanks Mike for clearing this up and I do apologize for my reaction about your plans for “radar code” before I understood how to drive the new app – I now see that radar data can still be displayed in the Android app.
          You must understand that I am very anxious about losing this data in these displays because it is a competitive edge above other products and a major reason that I am so keen to support your site.
          Unfortunately, I also speculated about the future of independent feeders as you roll-out further coverage of FR24 supplied kit and FR24 becomes potentially less dependent on the hobbyist supporters.
          However, I am not sure that the forum and this thread are the best place to discuss this. I am happy to wait for others to think about this and even tell me that I am out-of-line.
          I continue to be very committed to FR24 and think you have done a great job getting it this far.
          Ken T-YBBN1

Comment

Thanks for all comments and reports!
            Just want to update with latest news about FR24 V3. Next step will be new release of new and very much improved arrival and departure boards, that we hope will be ready later this week.
            The same flight schedules that are visible on Flightradar24 will also be implemented in our iOS / Android apps.
            We are still working on improving route matching and that is a project that we will continue with for the next weeks/months.

Comment

I am a newbie and started feeding to FR24 a month ago.

Part of the fun is to see what I am feeding at any given time, so it would be nice if one could have radar name as a selection to "Airline labels". Then you would have a quick overview of who is feeding what.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                I am a newbie and started feeding to FR24 a month ago.

Part of the fun is to see what I am feeding at any given time, so it would be nice if one could have radar name as a selection to "Airline labels". Then you would have a quick overview of who is feeding what.
                This has been discussed tens of times on this forum. As coverage from different feeders is overlaying with each other it's technically not possible. You can see you own coverage in Radar view.
                Please view radar view thread http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/4858-Radar-View
                or feeding software thread http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...oftware-thread!)

Comment

I don't know if it's the right place to post this suggestion...
                  Is it possible, on the left panel when selecting an aircraft, to have the UTC time translation in parallel with the local time at origin or destination? May be when the mouse is flying over the city or with an extra line under or above the local times. I suggest that because it's sometimes difficult to calculate the ETA/ETD even if the EET is indicated.

Comment

Originally posted by langelot View Post
                    I don't know if it's the right place to post this suggestion...
                    Is it possible, on the left panel when selecting an aircraft, to have the UTC time translation in parallel with the local time at origin or destination? May be when the mouse is flying over the city or with an extra line under or above the local times. I suggest that because it's sometimes difficult to calculate the ETA/ETD even if the EET is indicated.
                    In settings you can switch off "Local time" and then you get all times in UTC
                    T-UKKK11

Comment

Argh! Thanks! Just missed this one... But then you lack the local time... I still think that a dual time indicator would be a nice solution avoiding to switch from one setting to the other...

Comment

The new 'Arrival / Departure Boards' are fantastic, if you cannot see them when you click on the 'Blue Airport Marker' you will need to refresh your Map.

One feature that i like is the ability to 'Load Earlier Flights' as you can see all the details including the Aircraft registration.

I have just noticed that between time and the flight number there is a circular symbol with a ^ in the middle of it which shows Code Shares when clicked.
                        Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-09-03, 22:07.
                        AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Absolutely splendid!
                          Well done FR24.

Comment

I cant get this new feature to work with the arrival tables and departure tables as you have explainded speedbird, i clicked on an airports blue icon and refreshed the map and the arrival and departure tables dissapeared, maybe i am missing something LOL.

Comment

Never mind i got it working ok, Great job guys, excellent work.

Comment

The reason why it was released so quietly is that we are aware of several bugs and want to fix them before we start promoting it

Comment

Working...
                                X