Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Installation Problems

Hi All

My Name's Rick i'm new to all this I've been watching Flight Radar for sometime now and thought I would give something back so I decided to give it a go by buying a DVB stick installed everything fine as it says on the how it works page

for some reason all I see in the jetvision rtl software is a lot of keys and not how it looks in the screenshot ,have I not installed something correctly? or is it just cause I have bad reception where I am, I've tried uploading data via FR Feed and it just says you need 2 or more aircraft to receive your sharing key.
    I've tried everything and now i'm stuck
    I've attached screen shots of what my feeds look like

hope you can help guys

many thanks
    Rick
    Screenshot flight.jpg
    Last edited by Rick2522; 2013-07-01, 16:51.

Originally posted by Rick2522 View Post
    for some reason all I see in the jetvision rtl software is a lot of keys and not how it looks in the screenshot
    On your jetvision screen, can you see a label marked 'LIST' ? (it's on the same line as the START/STOP button) - see my attachment
    Click on that and see what happens.

pp and rtl1090.jpg

The Sage
    Last edited by The Sage of Milton; 2013-07-01, 17:47.

Comment

Brilliant something so simple haha, many thanks for your help I can now see the aircraft, but i'm still having problems now with fr feed not seeing anything i'll keep it open and see what happens maybe coverage by me isn't the best even though i'm 20 mins from Leeds / Bradford Airport

Comment

Have you set the port 30003 parameter in the RTL1090.exe shortcut:

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

I've just done it now and received my Sharing Key Brilliant many thanks for all your help everyone, happy sharing

Comment

Flight Radar Feed Verify

Just a quick question I've managed to get plane plotter up and running now but how do I know if i'm transmitting data to Flight radar as I can now see planes landing at lbia via plane plotter but not on flight radar I've attached of a screenshot of my feeder can someone verify that i'm sending info ok

screen 2.jpg

Comment

We are definitely receiving your data.

Are the aircraft on PP not appearing at all on Flightradar24?

Check your PP settings as you may have "Predict positions" set. Options->Chart->Options.

Comment

Yeah I had that option set it seems that plane plotter can see aircraft that flight radar cant like when there taking off form LBIA I can see them taking off on PP but not on Flight Radar I've checked that setting and it was ticked so i'll see how it goes now I've unmarked it many thanks for your help again, i'm getting the hang of it

Comment

If you don't have constant/good signal of ground data it will not capture and upload what is required. PP will show it and drawl lines between, but the signal may well be dropping in/out and not constant for 2-3seconds like required
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Ah I see maybe that's the case then apart from that issue everything is working fine I've had a good plane around with PP today many thanks everyone for all your assistance

Comment

I am also trying to get started with FR24. I have set up my dongle and the Jetvision software is seeing aircraft - 7 at this moment. I have run the fr24feed program but it keeps saying there is a Basestation error, waiting 5 secs.

I have set port 30003 on the config page of the Jetvision software, but it is still showing TCP Port 3100? at the bottom of the page. (The ? is because the port number is longer than the box and I can't read the last digit).

I have also tried to change the parameter in the shortcut, but Windows 7 is refusing to accept the change, telling me that it is not a valid path.

Can anybody help me to get it going please.

Comment

when editing the shortcuts the "s are vital. they need to surround the path and .exe only. the /30003 needs to be outside these
                        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thank you.

I now have my sharing key and it appears to be feeding, though I notice that while Jetvision is showing 13 aircraft at the moment, FR is only showing 3. (Basestation OK: [02 AC]). Am I reading this correctly?

Comment

feeder sw only uploads packets with data containing gps data. Not all ac broadcast that info, you may find the rest are modes only

toggle the list button and the other I forget, will change from a single column hex view to all data where you will see columns showing heading etc. its these populated columns it captured

Comment

Working...
                            X