Thread: CHAT: Rules and Regulations (Questions.)

Passenger

CHAT: Rules and Regulations (Questions.)

Post in response to original thread: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ull=1#post1519
    The posts below have been moved here as the original thread had gone onto two pages and will be locked to prevent future posting.
    Thank you, Speedbird.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

I agree with above post by Evolv5 but also believe in a registation scheme. we have alot of visitors to FR24 who abuse the chatroom so some kind of registation will deter these mis-users. if regular or registered users abuse the chatroom admin can issue warnings or in severe cases give a ban
    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-07-01 at 10:15.

We have been working on developing an IRC based chat, but installation was delayed due to various problems. We hope to have the new chat ready shortly.

Passenger
    A welcome post from Evolve5. What a shame that it should even be necessary - I was on the verge of giving up visiting the chat room because of (a) the foul language, and (b) conversations in languages other than English.

Passenger
    I am a new member on here and i was shocked with the behaver of you monitors on saturday night.
    The 2 in question was trabin and 7777777.
    They where both acting like spoilt kids over the use of what colours us members can use and what colour they can
    7777777 is best discribed as a coward who starts the problem and when he sees it getting out of hand will log of and hid
    i have misspelt some works in the chat room (you know pressed the keys to many times ) and next thing i get a warning from 7777777 quote" this is english room " kick ?
    As for trabin on saturday night he did nothing but make matters worst by writing in all the colours saying i like this one
    i have never found both of them at all help full as i have had some questions i wanted answers to and as far as i know the only words trabin knows or likes to use is kick/ban?
    One of the best monitors you have is evolvo5 he is always very help full and i really enjoy it when he is on
    also i find some of your members (guests) very very help full not going to name them but regulars users will know who they are
    i really hope the admin can look into this and not come up with a lame excuse that the monitors have a lot to do and we will try to sort it out ..... Many thanks lime jelly
    ps. Manners cost nothing ...... Bad manners cost your members and new comers to leave !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ea5gou
    I fully concur with every single word made by LIME JELLY.
    I experienced exactly the same problem with the said MODS and stated at the time that if they continue treating me like naughty schoolchild I would cease uploading data. Those comments got me a ban. Not a very nice way to treat people that volunteer their efforts for the benefit of others.
    I can only apologise to any "enthusiast" about the lack of cover in the Alicante area at the present time due to my actions. Normal service will be resumed if and when matters get sorted out.

User options are available on the chat but the user is not allowed to use these options. Weird !!!

Evolv5....Many thanks for being polite, diplomatic and helpful and making every effort trying to avert the crisis by starting the Rules & Regulations thread. Well done.

Bernard (LEAL)

Purser
    Rule #4 has been changed and revised regarding the use of colours.

However, the use of yellow if discouraged as it's very hard to read.

To read:

However, the use of yellow is discouraged as it's very hard to read.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by Anmer View Post
    However, the use of yellow if discouraged as it's very hard to read.

To read:

However, the use of yellow is discouraged as it's very hard to read.
    Thank you for your extensive and thorough analysis of the rules.
    Your input is highly appreciated and your comments are duly noted.

If you have anymore comments regarding the implantation of these rules, please feel free to share.
    Last edited by Evolv5; 2010-05-25 at 00:32.

Passenger
    I think these rules are great. But the mods have a tuff task of enforcing them. Very often, people comes on the chat and break these rules, because they´ve no chance of knowing there´s rules in chat. I was thinking that there should be some sort of way that new people was shown the rules before entering the chat. I don´t think all will obay the rules, but at least they know about them and they will understand, why they get banned. The way to do this is quite simple. It could be the same as when you download something to your computer. You get a dialogbox with licence and agreements. You have to tick the accept before using the downloaded program. I sure hope that it will be delt with, so that the mods and other users feel good about using the chats on FR24.

Marl, Germany 1Km NNW of EDLM-( T-EDLM1 [F_EDLE1] )
    English summerary amended,. today ,.
    Due to an outbreak last night on chat..

No,.Political, Religion nor Colour, Class, or Creed discussions,.
    (And therefore no subjects,. Refering to the said mentioned subjects,....)
    Only Aviation..!
    http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ght=chat+rules

Any other Moderator,. needing to change the Summerary on there chat rules,.to the same effect,.. Please contact me..!

13.09.2015. 10:02CEST DEL
    Last edited by delcomp; 2015-09-13 at 08:18.
    (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
    1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)