Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cockpit View Shows the Ocean Floor

Aloha,

My web/Chrome based cockpit view display over the ocean shows the surface of the ocean (simulated) in the lower part of the display, and the ocean floor for the balance with some pixellation of the ocean floor. When the cockpit panel switch is changed to Aircraft View the ocean surface is shown and not the ocean floor. See attached screenshot.

System is a PC running 64 bit Windows 7, Chrome, Google Earth, and Google Earth Plug in, all latest versions.

FR24CockpitViewOceanFloor.jpg

Any potential solutions will be appreciated.

Mahalo,
    Chuck

Issue with graphic card. In most cases can be solved by updating graphic card drivers or turning on the aircraft.

Comment

Mike,

Thanks for the reply, although I am skeptical that it is a graphics card issue. Yes, switching to the aircraft view fixes the problem while in aircraft view. Given that the graphics are just about the same (except with the airplane in the picture) that would seem to me to indicate that the graphics card is capable of handling the graphics.

Although my screenshot isn't too clear, I am positive that the floor of the ocean is being sent to graphics card as it certainly can't make up the data.

Graphics card driver is up to date. I've tried Direct X and Open GL modes, no apparent differences.

Other thoughts and/or ways to zero in on the problem? Question is open for others to chime in also.

Chuck

Comment

Working...
      X