Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paris Air Show 2013 (In memory of Ulf Scanhorse, he loved this airshow.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paris Air Show 2013 (In memory of Ulf Scanhorse, he loved this airshow.)

Dates and times for trade visitors

The show will be open to trade visitors only from 8.30am to 6pm from Monday 17 June to Thursday 20 June 2013. During this period, there will be strictly no admittance for those aged under 16, and you will be asked to produce a business card or professional identification at the show entrance to prove that you are an aviation industry professional.

Dates and times General public

The show will be open to the general public from 8.30am to 6pm from Friday 21 June to Sunday 23 June 2013.

Discover Upcoming Aviation Events in your area & across the globe by clicking on our interactive map. Featuring air shows to military to historic aviation events.
    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-06-16, 10:58. Reason: Thread title amended by Speedy.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

BA's first A380 G-XLEA has arrived at Le Bourget @ 11:18 for the Paris Air Show.

Callsign: AIB07SK
    Airline: Airbus Industrie
    Aircraft: Airbus A380 (A388)
    Reg: F-WWSK
    Hex: 383FBA

Also Qatar's latest B787 has arrived on its Delivery Flight and will also be on show.

Flight: QTR9787
    Aircraft: A7-BCD
    To: Paris, Le Bourget (LBG)
    Aircraft: Boeing 787-8DZ Dreamliner (B788)

The Grizzly is on approach for the show.

AIB06MZ
    © RAMON J.
    Airline: Airbus Military
    Flight: AIB06MZ
    Aircraft: Airbus A400M (A400)
    Reg: F-WWMZ
    © RAMON J.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.
    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-06-16, 11:04.
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Airbus beats Boeing's orders on first day of air show

Airbus has secured more orders than rival Boeing on the opening day of the world's biggest air show in Paris.

Airbus announced orders worth $18.3bn (£11.62bn) to Boeing's $6.1bn.

The largest of these was a provisional order of 20 A380 double-decker superjumbos by aircraft financing group Doric.

Read more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22941146

__________________________________________________ _______________________

This very nice Private A318 / A6-AJC arrived at about 19:00 UTC.

© Jeremy
      Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-06-17, 19:21.
      AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

On top of the above orders, I hear on the news this morning that Easyjet has placed orders for more than 100 Airbus aircraft.
        Does anyone remember the start up of Easyjet, when we used to see Stelios on TV ordering or collecting yet another B737? Now, they are flying all Airbus models.
        I wonder what brought about that change?

Comment

I'd like to watch the "cockpit view" of the demo flights of the stars of the Le Bourget show (A380, A400, B787). But it doesn't work. Clearly they transmit their ADS-B data, including altitude, (I can see climb/descent rate) but the altitude doesn't come through and "cockpit view" soon gives up, stating "Aircraft has landed"...
          How does this work?

Comment

Paris show best ever for ATR

ATR has called this year’s Paris airshow the best in the company’s history. Over the course of the week, the turboprop aircraft manufacturer announced orders for 173 planes, including 83 firm orders. The total value for these contracts exceeded US$4.1 billion.

YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Airbus books almost US$70 billion at Paris airshow

As the trade days at the 2013 Paris airshow conclude, Airbus has announced US$68.7 billion worth of business for a total of 466 aircraft, in what the manufacturer says shows the resilience of the commercial aviation industry. The deals comprise memoranda of understanding for 225 aircraft worth US$29.4 billion and firm purchase orders for 241 aircraft worth US$39.3 billion.

I had considered buying one or two but the missus wants a villa in Palma de Mallorca for some reason.

On the serious side, thanks Speedy for the nice touch on the thread heading. I'm sure Ulf would be smiling.

Comment

Boeing orders flow from Paris

Order announcements continue to flow from the Paris airshow, with Boeing and Ryanair finalising a firm order for 175 737-800 aircraft.
                The order, originally announced as a commitment in March, is Boeing’s largest ever aircraft order from a European airline. O’Leary flew into the Paris airshow on one of Ryanair’s 303 737-800s, which bore a special livery celebrating the agreement.

Comment

Rolls-Royce secures US$5 billion in orders

Rolls-Royce increased its order book and confirmed plans for its most advanced Trent 1000 engine at the Paris airshow last week, the company new orders and agreements worth nearly US$5 billion for engines from airlines including Philippine Airlines, Air France-KLM and United Airlines.

Comment

Originally posted by rogergps View Post
                    I'd like to watch the "cockpit view" of the demo flights of the stars of the Le Bourget show (A380, A400, B787). But it doesn't work. Clearly they transmit their ADS-B data, including altitude, (I can see climb/descent rate) but the altitude doesn't come through and "cockpit view" soon gives up, stating "Aircraft has landed"...
                    How does this work?
                    Roger,

Apologies for the late reply but i'd missed your post until now. The 'Cockpit view' has always come to completion before the aircraft reaches the 'piano keys' at the end of the runway stating as you rightly point out that it has landed. The reason for this I'm not aware of but I'd think it a very technically difficult job to render all the airport and aircraft on the ground onto FR24 for every airport in the world where we have coverage. I may be wrong but I'd think this would be the case. That may or may not change but there was a time when we had no cockpit view at all so it's a huge advance on what we had and we have to give credit where credit is due. I dont think we'll see the day when we all have everything that we all would want to see on FR24. In the meantime we can all enjoy what we do have- a top-notch, real time aircraft flight display. (I've got no shares or financial interest at all in FR24).

Regards,
                    Gregg
                    Last edited by fungus; 2013-07-06, 11:24.

Comment

Working...
                    X