Fokker 70 on FR24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fokker 70 on FR24

Noticed that a Fokker 70 has a quit large airplane icon on FR24, compared to for example a Boeing 737-800. We have quit a lot of Fokker 70's at Amsterdam Schiphol. Is there a special reason for that?

Rgds, Ger
    Visit my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/307865168157/

There are thousands of different aircraft models. It's not possible to make an icon for each and every model as it would take hours for every user to download 1000 icons in 36 different directions x 2 different colors x 3 different sizes = about 216.000 icons. So we have made 11 or 12 icon sets and assigned most of the common aircraft types to this icons. The icons should roughly remind about the design of the aircraft and not always a 100% model of the aircraft.

Comment

I agree with Mike, it's not possible to make an icon for every aircraft type and I welcome the new icons which illustrate the aircraft with tailmounted engines.

However, @Ger is right, the Fokker 70s are far too big compared with the 737-800 for example. I would suggest to either use the 737 icon or even the smaller icon which is used for all the small business jets.

Comment

Noticed a Cessna Grand Caravan VH-NRT here out of Bankstown (Sydney, Australia) with a nice little general aviation aircraft icon- brilliant. The number of choppers with a chopper icon is also increasing. Well done guys, and I agree, so long as the icon roughly resembles the particular aircraft I think we can all live with the limitations.
        Regards,
        Gregg
        Last edited by fungus; 2013-06-15, 05:24.
        YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Mike, thank you for your reply..it was just an observation, since we have quit a lot of Fokker 70's flying in and out of Amsterdam.
          Keep up the good work and like this site very much, also because i live very close to runway 27 at Amsterdam Schiphol. When the runway is in use, FR24 helps me lot to see what is in the approach.

Rgds, Ger

Comment

Fokker 70 is showing a nice small icon now.
            However a 777 is showing the same icon: http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/br75

Edit: Hmm i guess it's because of no reg?

Comment

Are you sure? I think it is the same icon of the Fokker 70 as in the past. Not smaller.

Rgds, Ger

Comment

Why not show this icon for Fokkers?

Now a fokker is bigger than a Boeing 737-900 and almost just as large as a Boeing 777-200.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarod View Post
                  Why not show this icon for Fokkers?

Now a fokker is bigger than a Boeing 737-900 and almost just as large as a Boeing 777-200.
                  Jarod,
                  Considering what Mike has said above I think it's being a bit pedantic. He has made the point that they will roughly resemble the aircraft, not to be construed as being exact. With the engines showing at the rear it's obviously different to the larger jets with their wing mounted engines and I find them quite easy to pick on the map. As I've said I think they look very good in comparison to what we've had in the past.

Regards,
                  Gregg
                  Last edited by fungus; 2013-06-29, 14:35.
                  YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Working...
                  X