No coverage over SIN for the past 2 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No coverage over SIN for the past 2 days

Hi I am an avid user of both your website and the paid Android app and have hitherto enjoyed your excellent coverage of SIN (WSSS) on both platforms. For the past two days, there has been no coverage over SIN (WSSS). I wonder if it could be a site problem. Hope you can advise. Thanks a zillion.

Originally posted by fablee View Post
    Hi I am an avid user of both your website and the paid Android app and have hitherto enjoyed your excellent coverage of SIN (WSSS) on both platforms. For the past two days, there has been no coverage over SIN (WSSS). I wonder if it could be a site problem. Hope you can advise. Thanks a zillion.
    There's some comments regarding Singapore on the following thread (SIN/WSSS);
    All 3 Singapore feeders have been offline now for over 24 hours, I can understand 1 being off but all 3 ,:confused:
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

coverage could vary time to time due to various reasons and I believe in the T&C of buying the app this is stated.

Please see:
      The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

For F-xxxx coded feeder (in this instance F-WSSS1) it is supplied by FR24 so I am sure the team and the owner are working on it. It shows the importance of multiple feeders in an area compared to one even though the radar code is overshadowed (and really, if you like planes you wont mind whose radar code is chosen), but in Asia most places only have one feeder at present.

In the mean time of waiting it come back online which we don't know when, why not have a look at other cities such as HKG (VHHH) or HND (RJTT) which is similar/more to the amount of a/c at WSSS.

Comment

Originally posted by fablee View Post
        I didn't know I am so important to you guys. F-WSSS1 is now online.
        F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie View Post
          what happened?

I guessed you was installing the antenna outdoors but got that wrong!
          Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-06-03, 12:05.

Comment

Thanks for 'turning yourself back on' so to speak. You are very much appreciated.

Regards,
            Gregg
            Last edited by fungus; 2013-06-04, 05:09.
            YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

That's remind me the importance of redundancy.
              T-VTBD1 : RadarBox 3km North of VTBD
              T-VTBD2 : RPi MLAT 300m South of VTBD

Comment

Originally posted by Kanok View Post
                That's remind me the importance of redundancy.
                Redundancy ? That is a great idea.

Mike,

What about sending me a Standby Flightradar24 receiver, UPS for the power supply, Standby Antenna System with Mast Head Amps, etc? Don't forget the redundancy RJ45 cable.

I recalled the Data-logger used in a refinery have 4 Parallel CPU Processors to provide Redundancy.
                F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                  what happened?

I guessed you was installing the antenna outdoors but got that wrong!
                  You guessed wrongly. Outdoor antenna already installed long ago.

Comment

You guessed wrongly. Outdoor antenna already installed long ago.
                    i was expecting too much regarding the coverage then. anywho good job on getting it installed! cheers.

Comment

i was expecting too much regarding the coverage then. anywho good job on getting it installed! cheers.
                      If we can get a FR24 receiver installed in Natuna Island, South China Sea coverage would be perfect.

Currently, after F-VVTS1 lost signal on planes heading to WSSS - there is a black-hole of about 200 km before F-WSSS1 pick up the signal.

Comment

If we can get a FR24 receiver installed in Natuna Island, South China Sea coverage would be perfect.

Currently, after F-VVTS1 lost signal on planes heading to WSSS - there is a black-hole of about 200 km before F-WSSS1 pick up the signal.
                        I was guessing that if u have installed the antenna outdoor there might be better coverage towards the north and east. But anyway we all hav obstacles somehow around us ie buildings, tress and not all of us are like F-WIHH and F-VVTS which has good round 360 coverage.

Thanks again 4 ur feed.

NB typo error I meant west, north west not east
                        Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-06-05, 04:48.

Comment

I was guessing that if u have installed the antenna outdoor there might be better coverage towards the north and east.

Thanks again 4 ur feed.
                          The outdoor antenna is already installed. I have already stretch the antenna's range to its maximum.

600 Km into North, East & South-East is not enough ?

I am think of how to raise my antenna height by another 200 metres - if I can, it will overwhelm your coverage ... hehehehehe

Comment

The outdoor antenna is already installed. I have already stretch the antenna's range to its maximum.

600 Km into North, East & South-East is not enough ?

I am think of how to raise my antenna height by another 200 metres - if I can, it will overwhelm your coverage ... hehehehehe
                            Oops sorry my bad I meant west towards Sumatra not east and north west towards like Malacca. Your north, north east n east is Superb.

I was just trying to predict how it might turn out to be once it was installed and by no means is complaining or picking bones in eggs regarding your coverage.

What you have done for the coverage is very much appreciated by us here as you know and once again thanks for that.
                            Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-06-05, 04:50.

Comment

Oops sorry my bad I meant west towards Sumatra not east and north west towards like Malacca. Your north, north east n east is Superb.

I was just trying to predict how it might turn out to be once it was installed and by no means is complaining or picking bones in eggs regarding your coverage.

What you have done for the coverage is very much appreciated by us here as you know and once again thanks for that.
                              West is blocked by the water tank on the roof - but signal slipped through in between the pillars below the water tank and it still get about 100 km range. T-WMKK2 pick up Indonesia domestic flights around Pekanbaru in Sumatra.

I wont lose sleep over it because it is a small sector along Straits of Malacca before the planes turn left, got picked up again by F-WSSS1 and head into WSSS for landing.

North West towards Kuala Lumpur I got about 150 km but overwhelm by T-WMKK2 beyond that.

I will try to install the FR24 supplied Antenna on my North balcony, do a signal combining before going into FR24 receiver. Have to lay PVC trunking along 4 concrete walls, drill hole thru the concrete wall to the balcony and run a long low loss coaxial cable. Lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ...

A weekend project with lost of cleaning up to do after that.

Comment

Working...
                              X