This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    As mentioned before we have to block some military and business jet traffic for security reasons. No regular passenger traffic is affected by this block.
    Just a suggestion, then may be you should also disable type infos (you can identify at least MIL planes) and the pictures of those blocked. I was able to identify most of the blocked by pictures and finding their REG and then checking on airframes.de for the rest of all details
    Last edited by eddm_muc; 2013-08-22, 13:25.

Comment

Originally posted by eddm_muc View Post
      Just a suggestion, then may be you should also disable type infos (you can identify at least MIL planes) and the pictures of those blocked. I was able to identify most of the blocked by pictures and finding their REG and then checking on airframes.de for the rest of all details
      Why would you want to do that,think most people who have just got a pro account want to see military aircraft on there compouter screens,i do.
      it's pretty cool seeing Typhoons and F-15's on your pc's and macs at home.
      So the only thing whats going to happen is that the aircraft will still be on the map but it will say blocked on it,is that correct?

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by powerslave View Post
        So the only thing whats going to happen is that the aircraft will still be on the map but it will say blocked on it,is that correct?Ian
        yeps. if these planes are blocked for security reasons, then for me the logical implication is that you should not be able to identify them at all. aswell those planes where owners specificly asked not to be displayed. this is contradictive .
        but as I said..just a suggestion (may be to avoid trouble by the owners)

of course its interesting to see MIL planes..doing funny things..like simulated airfights, in-flight fueling, drones etc...but...
        Last edited by eddm_muc; 2013-08-22, 13:47.

Comment

I upgraded to a premium account to see the military traffic. Have i just wasted my money? Have Military traffic recently requested the block as i could see quite a lot of activity last week over England?

Comment

MLAT planes in different color

What I would like to put on the whishlist is, that MLAT planes are displayed in another colour to see them without puting an exclusive filter on.

Comment

The release of MLAT and BLOCKING is not ready, it's work in progress. Please at least wait with bug reports and comments until we have announced the release.

Comment

Originally posted by Holty View Post
                I upgraded to a premium account to see the military traffic. Have i just wasted my money? Have Military traffic recently requested the block as i could see quite a lot of activity last week over England?
                I'm reading on https://premium.flightradar24.com/premium/ and can't find any information or promises that premium account includes military traffic.

Comment

So the RAF flights and serials may become visible again?

When i had a free account i could see no fast jet traffic. A friend could on a Premium account so i upgraded as well. For a while all was good and i could see aircraft type and serial. Today suddenly everything is showing as 'Blocked'. All i want to know is, is this a permanent situation or is it a glitch. If it is permanent will i be able to get a refund as it is not the service that i assumed i would be getting or should i just wave goodbye to my money?
                  Last edited by Holty; 2013-08-22, 14:02.

Comment

Should have just taken it out for a month Holty,i did.
                    It is a real shame about this though,have the RAF and USAF got in touch with FR 24 and requested the aircraft to be blocked,somehow i doubt it.
                    What harm is it going to do if i can see a object in the middle of the north sea saying Attack 31 or Typhoon 11?

ian

Comment

Originally posted by Holty View Post
                      So the RAF flights and serials may become visible again?

When i had a free account i could see no fast jet traffic. A friend could on a Premium account so i upgraded as well. For a while all was good and i could see aircraft type and serial. Today suddenly everything is showing as 'Blocked'. All i want to know is, is this a permanent situation or is it a glitch. If it is permanent will i be able to get a refund as it is not the service that i assumed i would be getting or should i just wave goodbye to my money?
                      You can read on https://premium.flightradar24.com/premium/ what is included in a premium account. We have NEVER EVER promised anything more than this.

Comment

The release of MLAT och BLOCKING is not ready, it's work in progress. Please at least wait with bug reports and comments until we have announced the release.
                        Mike,what do you mean by this,is there a chance that mil traffic will appear on with the relevant callsigns etc...?
                        Reall hope so,has i thinks it's great.

ian

Comment

You can read on https://premium.flightradar24.com/premium/ what is included in a premium account. We have NEVER EVER promised anything more than this.
                          I'm not asking that Mike, I'm asking if the Military aircraft information will return?

Comment

I'm reading on https://premium.flightradar24.com/premium/ and can't find any information or promises that premium account includes military traffic.
                            And it doesn't say you won't find any such traffic, nor does it say that aircraft are "blocked". What's your point Mike? Or are you saying that now you've displayed the aircraft for a couple of weeks, obviously made a bit of money off those that have paid their 12 month subscriptions to view this traffic you've decided it's time to screw them over? That's certainly how it's looking to a lot of newly registered "Premium" members on various military aviation forums.
                            RTL1090 | Planeplotter: kS (Manchester area SMU) | FlightRadar24: T-EGCC23 | Live-Military-Mode-S: Stalybridge, GB
                            Nikon D90 | Nikkor 18-105VR | Tamron 70-300 Di LD
                            Basestation.SQB file for PlanePlotter - Updated 03/08/13

Comment

Thanks Chris, i'm glad its not just me. I've been extolling the virtues of the premium package to a lot of my friends and now i'm going to look like a bit of an idiot. Especially if they pay thinking they are going to be able to see the Military traffic when they can't!!

Comment

Originally posted by CGlobe View Post
                                And it doesn't say you won't find any such traffic, nor does it say that aircraft are "blocked". What's your point Mike? Or are you saying that now you've displayed the aircraft for a couple of weeks, obviously made a bit of money off those that have paid their 12 month subscriptions to view this traffic you've decided it's time to screw them over? That's certainly how it's looking to a lot of newly registered "Premium" members on various military aviation forums.
                                Totally agree with Chris has well on this.

Ian

Comment

Working...
                                X