This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Inkjet View Post
    The thing is, do you really want FR to take that risc? Or do you want to be able to follow more planes with MLAT as it is.
    Take the risk,nuff said.

Comment

• I've been following them with Planeplotter for a few years and not once has am aircraft had to be "blocked". If there's a risk, only FR24 can see it...
      RTL1090 | Planeplotter: kS (Manchester area SMU) | FlightRadar24: T-EGCC23 | Live-Military-Mode-S: Stalybridge, GB
      Nikon D90 | Nikkor 18-105VR | Tamron 70-300 Di LD
      Basestation.SQB file for PlanePlotter - Updated 03/08/13

Comment

• Quite agree there Chris,if PP can have M-LAT and not get any problems off the powers that be,why should FR.
        Obviously if they do,then so be it,but seens has most of the people who use FR want it to continue without censoring the aircraft why do it?
        And if they do continue like before,i'm sure they'll see a continued rise in the amount of people who want a pro account.

Ian

Comment

• Originally posted by powerslave View Post
          Quite agree there Chris,if PP can have M-LAT and not get any problems off the powers that be,why should FR.
          Obviously if they do,then so be it,but seens has most of the people who use FR want it to continue without censoring the aircraft why do it?
          And if they do continue like before,i'm sure they'll see a continued rise in the amount of people who want a pro account.

Ian
          First let me declare my interest

Following on from my experience in the field of Historic Cell Phone Analysis [ tracking the movement of a mobile phone via the base station network ] I helped set up PlanePlotter's Mlat network five years ago
          Since then it has gone from strength to strength

The advent of FR24's Mlat system is to be welcomed.They have done extremely well to provide a second mlat network....They should be congratulated....its not an easy task.

With FR24 Mlat and PP Mlat we now have two systems which compliment each other and by running both , enthusiasts
          should be able to see just about every flight ....regardless of whether it is full Mode S , or not.
          Using its Mode A/C Beamfinding system , PlanePlotter can also track a/c which don't even send Mode S !!

However there is a big difference between the two systems which will hopefully help explain why FR24 includes a blocking policy

PlanePlotter is a PC based community , not a commercial web based one.....PP , is a private network via "your" PC/Laptop..
          Re transmitting live data from PP is not allowed.
          Every request to become a "Master User" .. ie someone who can see Mlats ,.... is carefully scrutinised and monitored.

PP "does" block certain flights, deemed sensitive , even from its private network , is open about its securty policy and has worked with NATS and even the AAIB

Security is paramount and is taken seriously. I'm sure that's the same with FR24

Provided the two networks operate in a sensible way we should all be able to enjoy the hobby

Personaly , just about all of my time is spent helping PP users and monitoring/maintaining the network on a voluntary basis ....but if I do ever get time to enjoy the benefits I'll be running PP and FR24 side by side

Comment

• Thanks you for your post satcom, it was a quite good summary to this thread.

We will now close this thread to keep all MLAT discussions in one place.
            All about Flightradar24.com web page and Flightradar24 apps. No discussions about feeding data to Flightradar24.
            Last edited by Albin; 2013-08-24, 18:24.

Comment

Working...
            X