Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: 1090Mhz atenna

  1. #1
    Purser
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Corunna Ontario Canada, about 250 miles west of Toronto Ontario
    Posts
    159

    1090Mhz atenna

    Hey anyone know where here in North America i can get a good Dedicated 1090Mhz attenna for this FR24 software. The one that came with my DVB-T stick is small and only about 3ft of cable and no matter where i put it have a hard time getting good signals, i do get mediocre ones because i can feed into the system and do a lot so this little atenna does work but like i want it to.

  2. #2
    Captain fungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dale View Post
    Hey anyone know where here in North America i can get a good Dedicated 1090Mhz attenna for this FR24 software. The one that came with my DVB-T stick is small and only about 3ft of cable and no matter where i put it have a hard time getting good signals, i do get mediocre ones because i can feed into the system and do a lot so this little atenna does work but like i want it to.
    Andrew, I found a couple advertised on e-bay if you're prepred to take the plunge;

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Outdoor-omni...-/190835570324

    it looks similar to one Mike recommended a while back but it seems they're no longer commercially available elsewhere (that I could find) if that's no good.
    Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2013-05-18 at 12:50.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator speedbird1960's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Runcorn / LPL
    Posts
    1,877
    You could have look at this one: http://1090mhz.com/
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

  4. #4
    Purser
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Corunna Ontario Canada, about 250 miles west of Toronto Ontario
    Posts
    159
    Greg (Fungus) The one you gave a link to on ebay, i have a DVB-T stick that i ordered from FR24 support, one of the free ones they were offering, it obvilously doesent come with coax cable (the one on ebay) what would i use to hook up to the DVB-T dongle?? Its a very small connection. Any ideas??

  5. #5
    Passenger
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dale View Post
    Greg (Fungus) The one you gave a link to on ebay, i have a DVB-T stick that i ordered from FR24 support, one of the free ones they were offering, it obvilously doesent come with coax cable (the one on ebay) what would i use to hook up to the DVB-T dongle?? Its a very small connection. Any ideas??
    You need an 'N' connector for the antenna end and some good, low-loss coax, like LMR400 or better.

    At the receiver end, you can have an 'N' connector on the antenna cable, then use an adaptor to convert to the type of connector your receiver uses, or a short patch lead with smaller, more flexible coax like RG58, with an 'N' connector to connect to the thicker antenna cable and the matching connector to fit your receiver on the other end.

    I recommend the latter option, as it's more flexible and doesn't place any physical stress on your receiver connection, which the heavy cable can do.

  6. #6
    Purser
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Corunna Ontario Canada, about 250 miles west of Toronto Ontario
    Posts
    159
    Speedbird1960 hey that one looks good, and i am in Canada but have a post box in the USA so it will be shipped from the USA and it will hook up to my DVB-T dongle i suspect, the one i got from you guys FR24, it was one of the free ones Mike was adverstising we could get a few weeks ago.

  7. #7
    Passenger
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12
    Andrew,

    The eBay model fungus posted is by far the better of the two shown so far.

    It has much higher gain, which means signals will be received stronger and from a greater distance.

    This is all by RF theory of course, as I've not used either.

    You'll need to extend cabling for both of those antennas to get it up high enough outside, so it's very important to use as low-loss coax as you can afford.

  8. #8
    Passenger
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12
    This model is even better again than both the previous ones with respect to gain..... made in California.

    http://www.dpdproductions.com/page_vhf_air.html#adsbout

  9. #9
    Captain fungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,561
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbird1960 View Post
    You could have look at this one: http://1090mhz.com/
    Thanks Mike, I tried to locate that one earlier but it came up no longer available. Perhaps I just had the wrong website. (or my tired eyes, it's after midnoght here in oz).

    Regards,
    Gregg

  10. #10
    Purser
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Corunna Ontario Canada, about 250 miles west of Toronto Ontario
    Posts
    159
    Thanks guys, i appreciate the info. i will decide what i am going to get and hopefully it will help me get on the radar map to say the least LOL Because i am getting destroyed by a few feeders nearby LOL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •