Net2 Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NZ is waking up

I seen today for the first time our Christchurch radar.

Hooray.! Welcome on board NZCH

The very best of luck..! EDLM
    (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
    1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

Eghq2

Anmer, in similar vein to the query about NET2 is EGHQ2 also a shared network. EGHQ is Newquay in Cornwall but it seems to cover nearly all of Ireland.

Another question which you may know the answer to - how does the FR25 system decide which feeds to use. I've noticed that in some cases over Dublin it uses EGHQ2 and others it users my EIDW1. I thin in some cases it also toggles between feeds. I assume that its calculating distance or something?

Comment

Dublin1 - The airport coded assigned to radar box contributors are for general position guidance and the boxes, like your own are not necessarily on the airport site. My radar box code is EGHQ, which, as stated, relates to Newquay Cornwall Airport, although I can assure you that I am some ten miles south of the airport, near Truro! My location has good reception to the North and West so I can cover Ireland's South coast area. I know not where EGHQ2 is located, but assume it's a second feed from mine, but I need clarification from Admin on that. Certainly NET2 is different, being a sub-group of radar boxes offering multiple feeds to FR24.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan T View Post
          Certainly NET2 is different, being a sub-group of radar boxes offering multiple feeds to FR24.
          Just to clarify, Net2 is a sub-group of mode-s receivers and unlikely to include AirNav RadarBoxes.
          Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Mike - Administrator: I am confused. I provide input from my SBS-1 as EGHQ, based south of Newquay Cornwall Airport in Truro. Can you tell me if EGHQ2 is a part of NET2 or is this another local radar near me in Cornwall? EQHQ2 coverage seems to extend well into Southern Ireland, much further than my EGHQ, but that can be clearly dependent upon antenna heights, etc. What defines whose signals get uploaded to the FR24? There can be many target aircraft that are shown as from EGHQ, as displayed on my local PC screen and uploaded from my radar box EGHQ to FR24, but appear to be assigned as EGHQ2 feeds. Confused!

Comment

I don't think this has anything to do with Net2 unless you're using the SBS1 Client:

Unless Mike says different, Net2 is a feed from an aggregated data sharing server which happens to have a Cornwall based feed. But all the feeds should appear as Net2 on FR24.

If you're appearing on FR24 as EGHQ and there's another feed EGHQ2, these should be direct feeds to FR24 and not via Net2. I may be wrong.

The Net2 Cornish feed does extend to south west Ireland but as you comment that's down to antenna location, height etc. I have an antenna 41 foot above ground height with preamp and my range is 240nm.
              Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan T View Post
                Mike - Administrator: I am confused. I provide input from my SBS-1 as EGHQ, based south of Newquay Cornwall Airport in Truro. Can you tell me if EGHQ2 is a part of NET2 or is this another local radar near me in Cornwall? EQHQ2 coverage seems to extend well into Southern Ireland, much further than my EGHQ, but that can be clearly dependent upon antenna heights, etc. What defines whose signals get uploaded to the FR24? There can be many target aircraft that are shown as from EGHQ, as displayed on my local PC screen and uploaded from my radar box EGHQ to FR24, but appear to be assigned as EGHQ2 feeds. Confused!
                NET2 is NET2. All other feeds are not NET2. All signals are uploaded to FR24, latest position for each aircraft is used on FR24 web page. One update it can be your signal, next update it can be EGHQ2. Coverage is very dependent on the terrain around the antenna. Like our 2 feeds in Stockholm (ESSA and ESSB), they are standing about 50 km from each other but very different coverage in different directions depending on the terrain in antenna neighborhood. And another thing that can explain difference in coverage is that EGHQ2 could be located quite far away from Newquay.

Comment

Working...
                X