Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TV Tuner Decoding User Questions

Super Moderator
    As CGlobe says, As long as there is OK/OK status. Forget about what you see online. It will always use the most recent and constant data.

All data helps the community, if you are in the game to show off your own station over someone elses, it may never happen in built up areas. So use local display and the comfort you are filling in the gaps.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dale View Post
    Ok, so the supplied attenna is not a 1090MHZ antenna, then what is it, and should i actually get a proper one and where can i get one, i guess i could look on line to find one.
    A TV antenna. Or rather broad TV band tuned.

And yes, you need to look online for 1090Mhz ADSB antennas. And there are numerous threads on this forum with shop/suggestions/DIY links etc

First officer
    Make one yourself: http://x264.nl/dump/ads-b-antenna-gr...ane-proper.jpg
    Those ADS-B antennas you can buy are just a piece of coax and work not so well and are way too expensive.

A GP + ADSB# = recording data collecting, i'll challenge anyone who thinks otherwise....

Edit:
    Some extra info:
    http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post31237
    Last edited by Jarod; 2013-05-13 at 13:13.

Passenger
    Mine is made with 33cm unshielded TV coax and as a ground plane the bottom of a thunafish tin.

More than 200nm.
    Enviado desde mi GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by tucco; 2013-05-13 at 16:05.

Passenger
    Hi

Installed TV dongle and followed instructions supplied by Flightradar24. Can see aircraft if using PlanePlotter software. Only drawback is that I only 'see' a max of 3 a/c at any on etime, maybe more when with the transatlantic flights.

Using Flightradar24 software, registered as per normal but aside from low aircraft info (at least 2 required) I just want to make sure everything else is correct.

Basestation : Error (waiting 5 sec) before attempting to connect to localhost: 30003. Is this normal when using TV dongle?
    Network: Off

I'm assuming as little a/c at the minute this is why things seem a little show and no sharing key yet.

Thanks in advance
    Ali

If you have a Basestation error message, the feeder software cannot find any data on port 30003.

If you're using RTL1090 to decode the receiver data, have you set the port 30003 parameter?

Passenger
    brilliant, guess I overlooked that bit

Thanks for pointing me in the right way

should've read this part in the instructions:

By default, the feeder software looks for decoded data on TCP port 30003. RTL1090, by default, outputs TCP data to port 31001 but this can easily be changed. RTL1090 accepts a command line parameter to change the port to 30003. The simplest way to implement this is to create a Shortcut to RTL1090.exe and include the “/30003” parameter (without the parenthesis) in the Target, for example:

D:\RTL1090\Files\rtl1090.exe /30003

Where D:\RTL1090\Files should be replaced by your own folder location for the rtl1090.exe file.