No announcement yet.

TV Tuner Decoding User Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i find that odd. I applied to get a free DVB-T stick, mike and fredric set it up and posted that it was sent when they mailed it. A week later the stick showed up with the antenna in a bag with it
    It was sent from one there U.S.A depots that deal with stuff i guess. I know it has to be short i just wanted to extend it a bit to get better reception because i cant move my pc to a better location, although where i am now it seems to be receiving quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Dale View Post
      Well i find that odd. I applied to get a free DVB-T stick, mike and fredric set it up and posted that it was sent when they mailed it. A week later the stick showed up with the antenna in a bag with it
      As sinnet3000 correctly states, the DVB-T stick doesn't include a 1090Mhz antenna.

The supplied antenna isn't tuned for 1090MHz.

Comment

Ok, so the supplied attenna is not a 1090MHZ antenna, then what is it, and should i actually get a proper one and where can i get one, i guess i could look on line to find one.

Comment

Display in the RTL1090 window.

Ok, so i know ive been asking a lot of questions, im just trying to figure some things out guys thanks for the patience. When the aircraft are displayed on my RTL1090 screen, and even though another radar is picking up the feed and not mine when u look at the display on the left hand side of the FR24 map after clicking on a plane icon on the map. Am i still feeding into the system and is it good data. I have only seen once that the radar picking up a certain flight was actullay mine, there is one in our area, around london ontario that seems to be real strong and is always most times displayed in the flight info data on the left of the screen.

Comment

It all depends on how many other feeders are picking up the same aircraft and sharing it - I'm not sure but I'd imagine it all depends on signal strength and the timestamp, etc. as to which FR24 uses.

As long as the FR24 program says you're uploading OK, and your account on the website says it's all active and working, then it's all fine
            RTL1090 | Planeplotter: kS (Manchester area SMU) | FlightRadar24: T-EGCC23 | Live-Military-Mode-S: Stalybridge, GB
            Nikon D90 | Nikkor 18-105VR | Tamron 70-300 Di LD
            Basestation.SQB file for PlanePlotter - Updated 03/08/13

Comment

As CGlobe says, As long as there is OK/OK status. Forget about what you see online. It will always use the most recent and constant data.

All data helps the community, if you are in the game to show off your own station over someone elses, it may never happen in built up areas. So use local display and the comfort you are filling in the gaps.
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Dale View Post
                Ok, so the supplied attenna is not a 1090MHZ antenna, then what is it, and should i actually get a proper one and where can i get one, i guess i could look on line to find one.
                A TV antenna. Or rather broad TV band tuned.

And yes, you need to look online for 1090Mhz ADSB antennas. And there are numerous threads on this forum with shop/suggestions/DIY links etc
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Make one yourself: http://x264.nl/dump/ads-b-antenna-gr...ane-proper.jpg
                  Those ADS-B antennas you can buy are just a piece of coax and work not so well and are way too expensive.

A GP + ADSB# = recording data collecting, i'll challenge anyone who thinks otherwise....

Edit:
                  Some extra info:
                  hi everyone my Q is could someone tell me which is the best antenna i can have for a alinco dj-x3 receiver i will be putting it on my house chimney.I am only listening for air traffic and were planes are going to and fro. so can someone help please ;)
                  Last edited by Jarod; 2013-05-13, 13:13.

Comment

Mine is made with 33cm unshielded TV coax and as a ground plane the bottom of a thunafish tin.

More than 200nm.
                    Enviado desde mi GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk 2
                    Last edited by tucco; 2013-05-13, 16:05.

Comment

Hi

Installed TV dongle and followed instructions supplied by Flightradar24. Can see aircraft if using PlanePlotter software. Only drawback is that I only 'see' a max of 3 a/c at any on etime, maybe more when with the transatlantic flights.

Using Flightradar24 software, registered as per normal but aside from low aircraft info (at least 2 required) I just want to make sure everything else is correct.

Basestation : Error (waiting 5 sec) before attempting to connect to localhost: 30003. Is this normal when using TV dongle?
                      Network: Off

I'm assuming as little a/c at the minute this is why things seem a little show and no sharing key yet.

Thanks in advance
                      Ali

Comment

If you have a Basestation error message, the feeder software cannot find any data on port 30003.

If you're using RTL1090 to decode the receiver data, have you set the port 30003 parameter?

Comment

brilliant, guess I overlooked that bit

Thanks for pointing me in the right way

should've read this part in the instructions:

By default, the feeder software looks for decoded data on TCP port 30003. RTL1090, by default, outputs TCP data to port 31001 but this can easily be changed. RTL1090 accepts a command line parameter to change the port to 30003. The simplest way to implement this is to create a Shortcut to RTL1090.exe and include the “/30003” parameter (without the parenthesis) in the Target, for example:

D:\RTL1090\Files\rtl1090.exe /30003

Where D:\RTL1090\Files should be replaced by your own folder location for the rtl1090.exe file.

Comment

Working...
                          X