Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TV Tuner Decoding User Questions

Purser
    Corunna Ontario Canada, about 250 miles west of Toronto Ontario

TV Tuner Decoding User Questions

Hi people:

Help!! I got the DVB-T hooked up installed all the software as per the instuctions on this site. I cant seem to get the Data port changed on the RTL1090 shortcut. Have tried imputing
    in the Target box what it says to imput from the install instructions. :/30003 parameter in the target. When i try this i get a msg saying the info cant be found in the folder the exe file is in.
    Maybe im imputing something wrong. Any ideas??

Regards Andrew Dale.

Can you post a screenshot of the Properties of the shortcut you use to successfully start RTL1090 and another one with the port 30003 parameter?

Super Moderator
    ^^ Hes on the right path. Targets have to contain the main .exe in speechmarks " " and any variables or extra switches need to be after the speechmark

IE

"c:\program files\rtl1090\rtl1090.exe" /30003

(that is, if /30003 denotes how to change the port)

Purser
    Screenshot 1.PNGscreenshot 2.PNGHeres some screenshots guys:

Purser
    Ok i managed to get it to connect, thanks for the info guys. i followed your example Oblivian.

Regards Andy

Purser

Hi guys:

I finally got the DVB-T Receiver to hook up the Rtl 1090. I have a couple of questions. First one is, where it says you need a minimum of 2 planes in the flightradar data feeder, is that only a one
    time thing to get the sharing key?? The second one is if i get an extra long extension cable to plug into the DVB-t receiver can i have this indor anntena sitting outside for the time being so i can get up and sharing.

If i need to get a new external anntena for the reciver i have where can one get a dedicated 1090 Mhz attenna??

Regards Andrew Dale

Hi Andrew

Yes, the two aircraft are only required to complete the feeder Sign Up procedure and grant you a sharing key.

I would recommend low loss coax to extend the antenna lead. I'm not sure what's available in Canada, but H155 is what we use.

Try and keep the coax length as short as possible and use good connectors, installed carefully.

I'd invest in the cable first and find an optimum location for the supplied antenna.

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dale View Post
    Hi guys:

I finally got the DVB-T Receiver to hook up the Rtl 1090. I have a couple of questions. First one is, where it says you need a minimum of 2 planes in the flightradar data feeder, is that only a one
    time thing to get the sharing key?? The second one is if i get an extra long extension cable to plug into the DVB-t receiver can i have this indor anntena sitting outside for the time being so i can get up and sharing.

If i need to get a new external anntena for the reciver i have where can one get a dedicated 1090 Mhz attenna??

Regards Andrew Dale
    Hi Andrew,

The 'minimum 2 AP' is for getting the sharing key. After that it is up to your antennas.

The longer the cable is the more loss it will be. Especially the cable supplied antennas is very small. I recommend to have long USB cable instead.

For the 1090MHz, there are commercially available on the net, just search for ADS-B or 1090 MHz antenna. Or you can make one by yourself. The diagram is available also on the net.

regards

Sent from my iPad 2 Limited Ed. using Tapatalk HD
    T-VTBD1 : RadarBox 3km North of VTBD
    T-VTBD2 : RPi MLAT 300m South of VTBD

Purser

Hey can anyone tell me what the remote control that comes with the DVB-T usb stick and antenna is for??

Regards Andrew Dale.

Captain
    The remote can control the DVB-T stick software on your computer. Like turning the TV channels,etc for those users in the DVB-T areas. (Canada uses ATSC)

It is the DVB European-based consortium standard for the broadcast transmission of digital terrestrial television that was first published in 1997
    Countries and territories using DVB-T ( Digital Video Broadcasting — Terrestrial http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVB-T )

Antenna is to pick up signals over the air like TV,FM,AM,ADS-B data

P.S Most Canada,etc users throw the remote in the junk drawer and use the CR battery for something. :-)