Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Contrail spotting.

Flight attendant
    OK. Someone please explain this to me. Just a moment ago, two aircraft. G-MAJS flying at 31,000ft and N242AU flying at 34,000ft, flew directly overhead, in opposite directions. Infact according to my computer screen. One flew directly under/over the other. The US plane, which I had spotted before, the con trail was clearly visible. Yet the Monarch Airlines jet, which I had never seen. Not only was there no con trail. I couldn't even see the aircraft!

Passenger
    Also please explain greetings from Polish

Zapraszam na Wzdęcia brzucha
    Last edited by igor; 2013-07-24 at 12:34.

Passenger
    Hello Gents,

I have just joined the Forum so Hello,

I am it seems in good company here as i am retired and use FR24 every day, as i live on the Isle of Grain in Kent i get a lot of flights and it's great to be able to see the details of the aircraft etc,

I have only been using FR24 this year and i wonder why i have not know about it before!!!

Cheers,

Roger.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Flight attendant
    Hi 'OFZ'. Nice to meet another 'wise old soul'. Are you just a watcher? Or a dedicated reg cruncher like myself?
    One of my favourite times of the day, is in the early morning, watching all the early arrivals to Heathrow, as well as the 'non stopper contrails' coming from your direction, on their way to the USA.
    I often sit in the garden, on a sunny afternoon. Binoculars and bottle opener at the ready.

Passenger
    Good Morning Goldfynche,

Yup i'm just a Watcher!

From where you are you see the same aircraft a me and i sit in the garden but with "Coffee" at the ready

I have a few favorites the MD11/747/and the 380's i had a great sight last nite of the Emirate's A380 going out with the Sun shining on her, i just wish i had a decent camera it would have made a great photo,

I do have a pair of Russian Binoculars 20X60 so i can get some good views,

Speak again,

Roger.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Flight attendant
    Some of the guys here have taken some brilliant 'up close' con trail shots. Which you have no doubt seen. I do have the equipment and means to take such pictures and am running out of excuses as to why I haven't taken any as yet.

Passenger
    Hi Goldfynche,

Yes there are some great contrail pictures on here and although it's been a horrible day today next week you will be able to get cracking as the weather is suppose to be good again, so get the sun cream out and the camera! [and the bottle opener at the ready]

All the Best,

Roger.

Flight attendant
    Well. I made a dismal attempt to get a con trail shot just now. Definitely not going to post the results. First of all, I've somehow got fluff and dust all over the inside of the Nikon, and it shows on the pictures, and it would appear that a Sigma 170 - 500mm zoom is woefully inadequate for the task. Particularly as the 'Bigma' zoom has the annoying habit of extending or collapsing by itself, depending on the angle it's pointed.
    Where's the profit in world peace? Or a cure for the common cold?

Purser
    While sitting at Fairford on Saturday, I saw a few trails overhead so I thought I would "have a go".
    Using my Canon 650D with a Sigma 70-300mm lens, I just pointed the camera, set to auto focus and was surprised to see this:
    http://kelvindavies.co.uk/kelvin/det...image_id=11649

Passenger
    Hi Kelvin,

Well you got a great shot there, i think that's a A340, definitely Lufthansa!

Thanks for posting,

Roger.