Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is planning on buying the new FR24 Receiver?

Captain

Question Who is planning on buying the new FR24 Receiver?

Question for everyone who is planning about getting it, Plus to get a better idea on how the MLAT coverage will increase over time.

1.) Who is planning on buying the new paid version of the FR24 receiver. Once it's available for your country ?
    2.) Will this be your first Mode-S receiver, or are you replacing your main Mode-S receiver (what old receiver did you have)?
    3.) What area would the paid FR24 receiver covered ? (You can list it as nearest Airport or Airport code, City,Town,Country,etc..)

With the recent news from Mike in this thread.
    http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post31240

So who is interested buying the new FR24 Receiver for anywhere in the world
    (Information could help Mike decide what country to go after next. After the first batch are sold in the EU)

Taking the prices Mike posted. Here are the Exchange rates in US Dollar.

€460 = $600.30 US Dollar + any taxes.
    €524 = $683.82 US Dollar + any taxes.
    €540 = $704.70 US Dollar + any taxes.

or

€460 + VAT €115 = $750.89 US Dollar
    €524 + VAT €131 = $855.36 US Dollar
    €540 + VAT €135 = $881.48 US Dollar

Exchange rates as of April 22, 2013

Passenger
    I will definitely be buying one so that I can upload without having to have my PC running 24/7.

To me that is the main issue as this unit will plug directly in to my router.

Malt is secondary for me and will see how that develops going forward.

I currently have a RB which I will continue to use whenever the PC is on. But data sharing with V4.03 will be manually turned off.

Currently sharing to FR24 from Johannesburg, South Africa.

FR24 Receiver.
    Price - including shipping & handling - €460 (Equipment is shipped from Germany as Deutsche Post letter).
    VAT €115
    Total €575

FR24 Receiver + ModeS antenna + 5 m coax cable.
    Price - including shipping & handling - €524 (Equipment is shipped from Germany as Deutsche Post letter).
    VAT €131
    Total €655

FR24 Receiver + ModeS antenna + 10 m coax cable.
    Price - including shipping & handling - €540 (Equipment is shipped from Germany as Deutsche Post letter).
    VAT €135
    Total €675

Passenger
    not at that price, i'd rather get a sbs-3.
    Last edited by kered; 2013-04-28 at 06:16.

Passenger
    I AM very interested in getting the new receiver, BUT only if MLAT function is realized and is superior to MLAT offered by Planeplotter. If so, I am eager to buy TWO receivers and someone here can buy the third (for MLAT operations). I have superior coverage of 400 km radius around Moscow city, and very good coverage of ground level of UUEE airport. This will soon be expanded further to include stable ground cover of the other two Moscow major airports, UUWW and UUDD. My ID is T-UUEE1.
    My main receiver is 4-channel Beast with directional antennas. It is on repair as of today, so I run on RTL dongle instead to avoid coverage blackout. I will not replace it with FR24 model, but rather run them in parallel.
    575 euro is a pain, but can be accepted if MLAT is worth it. Otherwise, not.
    Yes I am not from EU, but I can arrange EU shipping address if necessary. BTW I think difficulties of sending receivers outside EU are exaggerated. With good mail like EMS I see just no problem here.
    Last edited by nakos; 2013-04-24 at 20:46.

Passenger
    I'm currently feeding the Anchorage Alaska area (T-PANC2) with a raspberry pi and and RTL dongle and am interested in improving my coverage with an FR24 receiver and a decent antenna. The price is more than I was hoping to pay, but I'm still interested. Unfortunately I missed out on the free equipment since there was already primary coverage in my area. Perhaps FR would consider offering a discount (with an appropriate usage/contribution agreement) to encourage MLAT in desirable / high traffic areas?

Please don't get me wrong, but instead of writing in this thread, apply for a free receiver. When you apply you go through several checks if you are suitable as feeder, and that is the only way to get a free receiver. We never send anything to someone just posting at the forum.

http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment

We have received about 500 applications so far and have sent out almost 150 receivers, and that includes areas that already had coverage like Frankfurt last week, just because it was a great location.

Quote Originally Posted by simestd View Post
    I'm currently feeding the Anchorage Alaska area ---------------- Unfortunately I missed out on the free equipment since there was already primary coverage in my area
    Alaska has always been on the list:

I'm currently feeding the Anchorage Alaska area ---------------- Unfortunately I missed out on the free equipment since there was already primary coverage in my area.
    Anchorage area is okay, Anchorage has four members feeding (F-PANC1, T-PANC1, T-PANC2 and T-PAEN) Alaska need for Juneau PAJN southeast Alaska, Fairbanks PAFA north central Alaska, Barrow PABR or Deadhorse PASC north the very top of Alaska where all international PAX flights from Asia to East USA and Canada pass by every day, and Bethel PABE or Nome PAOM for the west side of Alaska needs free FR24 receivers to feed air traffic flying across Alaska.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Please don't get me wrong, but instead of writing in this thread, apply for a free receiver. When you apply you go through several checks if you are suitable as feeder, and that is the only way to get a free receiver. We never send anything to someone just posting at the forum.

We have received about 500 applications so far and have sent out almost 150 receivers, and that includes areas that already had coverage like Frankfurt last week, just because it was a great location.
    It wasn't my intent to use this thread (or the forum in general) to sign up for the free equipment. I understand the process, applied and was politely rejected by MikeC back in March (reference #4513). I was just explaining that I had already applied and didn't make the cut but I'm still interested enough to purchase better equipment on my own. With your encouragement, I've applied again but I'd be surprised if the results change. As 747-8F notes, Anchorage is pretty well covered for receivers, but it would be nice if 3 of us upgraded to MLAT capable equipment as Anchorage the 5th busiest cargo airport in the world (actually #2 behind Memphis, TN for landed cargo weight).
    Last edited by simestd; 2013-04-26 at 14:41.