Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is planning on buying the new FR24 Receiver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for your response. I think you need to make a sort of presentation of your product. We've seen some pictures before, but a video intro to it would be nice. BTW black brick-like case is awful.

Comment

Originally posted by nakos View Post
      BTW black brick-like case is awful.
      Reminds me of the debate about Sony's Black Case vs. Silver Case. Since the "Black" color fits nicely in the Home Theater rack much better
      Sony did away with the Silver Case
      Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2013-04-27, 20:13.
      Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
      [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Originally posted by kered View Post
        not at that price, i'd rather get a sbs-3.
        The above opinion was based on the very little info available at the time other than just a price. Now that almost daily more info is given it starts to look like a better buy.
        As Mentioned, some sort of presentation or maybe a video of its features would help in stimulating interest a bit more, I for one am starting to take a longer/harder look.
        Having gps for example would allow it to be used mobile without having to reconfigure your position continuously
        Last edited by kered; 2013-04-28, 06:25.

Comment

I am definitely planning on getting one of these new receivers and it will also be my 1st receiver due to the fact I can plug it straight into my router and have it running without my PC which was the main issue holding me back picking up a receiver before. It would be based near Oxford in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
            Reminds me of the debate about Sony's Black Case vs. Silver Case. Since the "Black" color fits nicely in the Home Theater rack much better
            Sony did away with the Silver Case
            When a product is good, colour doesn't matter. Each has its beauty.
            F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Three weeks after, where is the receiver?

Comment

We run into some technical issues with the receiver on final testing, so we need to solve that first.

Comment

and don't forget the receiver will be sold after the MLAT is released.
                  Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                  [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

apply for a free receiver
                    ... which implies to stop feeding anyone else like PlanePlotter...

Comment

Originally posted by F1JEK View Post
                      NO!

Thank you to WBGG1 at Kuching, Malaysia. There is a noticeable increase in coverage for the past week with a/c showing up to Sibu and further and also plane route at South China Sea heading to Singapore/Kuala Lumpur from North Borneo/Phillipines . Whatever you have done, thank you. We all do this for free, so I think we should
                      For official support use Contact Form

Comment

The free receiver is provided and sponsored by FR24 so for obvious reasons you are only allowed to use it for feeding FR24.

We gave up the idea of selling the box as it just became to complicated with different receiver versions and we don't have resources to give support for a receiver that is not ours and not controlled from our servers. Instead we have made an arrangement with Guenter that he will start selling his receiver shortly. Once his web shop is ready we will post a link both here and on FR24.com

Comment

for obvious reasons you are only allowed to use it for feeding FR24.
                          Yes, it can be understood easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            The free receiver is provided and sponsored by FR24 so for obvious reasons you are only allowed to use it for feeding FR24.

We gave up the idea of selling the box as it just became to complicated with different receiver versions and we don't have resources to give support for a receiver that is not ours and not controlled from our servers. Instead we have made an arrangement with Guenter that he will start selling his receiver shortly. Once his web shop is ready we will post a link both here and on FR24.com
                            Thanks for the update Mike. This clarifies a lot for those who are waiting I am sure. Just a question, but how would MLAT work for receivers bought by users themselves? Will it be able to integrate with FR24 or not?

Yes, it can be understood easily.
                            It is for free and I am sure you can't get everything from something free.

There's always the options of getting a RPi + Dongle option where u can share to whoever you want then, if you have the free FR24 receiver. Some users here use that as a backup. The choice is yours, it is up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                              Thanks for the update Mike. This clarifies a lot for those who are waiting I am sure. Just a question, but how would MLAT work for receivers bought by users themselves? Will it be able to integrate with FR24 or not?
                              The idea is of course that they should be able to use for MLAT. But it's a bit complicated but we are working together with Guenter to solve this.

Comment

Working...
                              X