Airbus KC-30 Voyager G-VYGG (ZZ336)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbus KC-30 Voyager G-VYGG (ZZ336)

I'm following Voyager G-VYGG (ZZ336) at the moment, heading from Stornoway into the Northeast Atlantic.
    Does anyone know if this one is still on test with Air Tankers or has it been handed over the RAF?

The answer is already on the forum!

Originally posted by Hebwx View Post
    I'm following Voyager G-VYGG (ZZ336) at the moment, heading from Stornoway into the Northeast Atlantic.
    Does anyone know if this one is still on test with Air Tankers or has it been handed over the RAF?
    Please check the following entry:

Apparently delivery of this airframe is today, April 21.
    I do not know if this aircraft has already been converted to MRTT configuration. Latest testflights were without the wingpods. See planespotters and planepictures for recent photographs at Hannover.

Comment

According to G-INFO it is still registered to Airtanker Ltd, Planespotters says it due as ZZ***

The information in that thread is wrong as the Aircraft was delivered to Airtankers on 06/12/2012

Delivery
      TOM2201 (The Callsign is also wrong, it should be TOW2606, Speedy.)
      Hex:406830
      Order:F-WWKI A-330
      Reg:G-YVGG
      Airline:Royal Air Force

TOW is Airtankers ICAO code: http://www.airframes.org/fleet/tow
      Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-04-21, 10:39.
      AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

It was definitely the TOW2606 callsign being used today.

I was just interested as it's the first time I've picked this one up and wanted to get the correct reg in my database.
        I'll stick with G-VYGG until something definite comes along.
        Thanks for the info so far.

Comment

Is this the same aircraft ? Flight CASA336 Royal Air Force Airbus KC30A (A330-203MRTT) Reg EC335 which originated from Madrid area and has been stooging about off the Scilly Isles today Wednesday 8th May.

Comment

It is all a bit odd. Why would the RAF be using a flight number such as this? Also, EC-355 was the registration for an Air Europa 737 some time ago. Are they just making it up as they go along?
            (Still stooging around the Scillies, as I write).
            The "real" tanker, G-VYGG was between Cyprus and Beiruit earlier today so the one off the Scilly Isles is not it.

Oops! EC-335 not 355! Must be time for my nap!
            Last edited by Kelvin; 2013-05-08, 16:20.

Comment

Could this be a Spanish Royal Air Force flight ? Do the Spaniards call their Air Force "Royal" ?

Comment

Current RAF/AirTanker A330 MRTT list;

MSN Type Serial Operator History
                1046/MRTT017 Airbus Voyager KC.2 ZZ330 Royal Air Force ZZ330, G-VYGA, MRTT017, EC-337, F-WWKH
                1248/MRTT018 Airbus Voyager KC.2 ZZ331 Royal Air Force ZZ331, G-VYGB, MRTT018, EC-331, F-WWYE
                1275/MRTT019 Airbus Voyager KC.3 MRTT019 Royal Air Force MRTT019, EC-330, F-WWKJ. At Hurn, will be ZZ332/G-VYGC
                1312/MRTT020? Airbus Voyager EC-337 For Royal Air Force EC-337, F-WWYE. Was supposed to be ZZ333. At Getafe for conversion.
                1334/MRTT021? Airbus Voyager EC-338 For Royal Air Force EC-338, F-WWTV. Was supposed to be ZZ335.
                1363/MRTT022 Airbus A330-243 G-VYGG Air Tanker Ltd. G-VYGG, EC-333, F-WWKI. ZZ336 Reserved (not converted to MRTT yet)
                1390/MRTT??? Airbus Voyager F-WWYV For Royal Air Force F-WWYV. At Getafe for conversion.

Full list on my website: http://chrisglobe.co.uk/airbus-a330-...oduction-list/

Hex codes:

ZZ330: 43C6F3, G-VYGA: 4065C1
                ZZ331: 43C6F4, G-VYGB: 4065C2
                ZZ332: 43C6F5, G-VYGC: 4065C3
                G-VYGG: 406830

Two flying as UK military (ZZ331, 332), one not yet in service (ZZ333), one still flying as an airliner with a civil registration on military charters (G-VYGG)

Hope that clears it up,
                Chris
                RTL1090 | Planeplotter: kS (Manchester area SMU) | FlightRadar24: T-EGCC23 | Live-Military-Mode-S: Stalybridge, GB
                Nikon D90 | Nikkor 18-105VR | Tamron 70-300 Di LD
                Basestation.SQB file for PlanePlotter - Updated 03/08/13

Comment

Sorry CGlobe,
                  Your reply and your "complete" list confuse the matter even more as the aircraft flying all yesterday afternoon/ evening was EC335 which is not mentioned. It was flying a pattern that appeared to be a refuelling training flight.

Comment

Sorry, I missed the point about EC-335 and managed to miss it out of my list above. That's a totally different aircraft to G-VYGG (EC-xxx numbered markings are often reused)

EC-335 (hex 343447) is currently at Getafe, but also operates from Boscombe Down on occasion, and is c/n 1033/MRTT016 (to be ZZ334) and is a Voyager KC.3 - this is likely to be the final aircraft delivered to the RAF at the end of the testing programme, so will be delivered out of sequence. It is shown on my full list as such.

Hope that makes sense? Not sure but it always seems to confuse people, it's quite simple in reality!

Chris
                    RTL1090 | Planeplotter: kS (Manchester area SMU) | FlightRadar24: T-EGCC23 | Live-Military-Mode-S: Stalybridge, GB
                    Nikon D90 | Nikkor 18-105VR | Tamron 70-300 Di LD
                    Basestation.SQB file for PlanePlotter - Updated 03/08/13

Comment

Working...
                    X