Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FR24 works perfectly on HTC Desire with original (Sense) ROM or with alternative (Oxygen, OpenDesire or CM).

Comment

Thanks - any others anyone?

Here's another question. Apologies but I'm new to smart phones and apps.

Once you've downloaded your FR24 app, do you pay standard internet access charges with your mobile operator (Vodafone in my case)? More specifically, if I want to leave the app open for an hour, do I get charged for an hour or however many times FR24 refreshs the data? I'm trying to understand how expensive it will be and what plan I need if I used FR24 a lot away from the home PC.

Thanks in advance.
      GT6

Comment

Originally posted by GT6 View Post
        Thanks - any others anyone?

Here's another question. Apologies but I'm new to smart phones and apps.

Once you've downloaded your FR24 app, do you pay standard internet access charges with your mobile operator (Vodafone in my case)? More specifically, if I want to leave the app open for an hour, do I get charged for an hour or however many times FR24 refreshs the data? I'm trying to understand how expensive it will be and what plan I need if I used FR24 a lot away from the home PC.

Thanks in advance.
        GT6
        Hi GT6.

Welcome to the forum, i am not to sure how much data you would use, but i think you would be better getting the Web Bolt On or Web and Walk, this will save you having to worry about big bills.

Mike / Speedbird
        AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Thanks for the replies to my question.

In the end I went for a Samsung Galaxy S running Android 2.2. I downloaded the FR24 Pro app and it works fine.

Comment

Slow to Start up.
            I am using a HTC Desire HD with Android version 2.2.1
            It takes just over a minute to start and when it opens it is fine, a great app but on older HTCs it loads straight away
            Can any one advise if I have a setting issue??

Comment

Mines a bit slow at times on the Glaxay S. I'm not sure if that's usual or whether it's perhaps my Vodafone service that's the problem.

Comment

[Android] FlightRadar24 Pro on Xperia X8?

Hey folks,

can anyone confirm if the pro version of FR24 works on Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 running Android 2.1?
                I want to buy it, but the market dialog will not let me install it.
                I attach a screenshot. Thanks in advance.

untitled..jpg
                Last edited by lowlevel; 2011-03-30, 14:07.

Comment

Originally posted by lowlevel View Post
                  Hey folks,

can anyone confirm if the pro version of FT24 works on Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 running Android 2.1?
                  [ATTACH]571[/ATTACH]
                  Tried to buy and download it from the Market in your phone?

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieLima View Post
                    Tried to buy and download it from the Market in your phone?
                    umm mate, did you look @ the screenshot I've posted? Yes, tried to buy and download the app from android market. The market won't let me. It looks as if the Xperia X8 is not supported or something.

I kinda hoped the developers would post to this forum, an official reply would be cool.

cheers
                    Last edited by lowlevel; 2011-03-27, 12:23.

Comment

• I have an Android tablet instead of a phone. Therefore I can not subscribe to the Google android market.
                      When I try to download the app from the market on my tablet (AndroidPit), I get the following message:
                      ================================================== =============================
                      Dear User,
                      we are sorry but this App was not uploaded to AndroidPIT by its developer. You can download the app at the Google Market.
                      ================================================== =============================
                      Can I download the App from another location then the Google market?

Comment

• Originally posted by lowlevel View Post
                        Hey folks,

can anyone confirm if the pro version of FR24 works on Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 running Android 2.1?

[ATTACH]571[/ATTACH]
                        There is a lot of different Android phones on the market. We haven't tried all the phones but we think that the app should be working on X8. Try to download the app from Android market in the phone (not computer).

Comment

• Originally posted by edha View Post
                          I have an Android tablet instead of a phone. Therefore I can not subscribe to the Google android market.
                          When I try to download the app from the market on my tablet (AndroidPit), I get the following message:
                          Dear User,
                          we are sorry but this App was not uploaded to AndroidPIT by its developer. You can download the app at the Google Market.
                          Can I download the App from another location then the Google market?
                          The app is only available on Android Market.

Comment

• Originally posted by admin View Post
                            There is a lot of different Android phones on the market. We haven't tried all the phones but we think that the app should be working on X8. Try to download the app from Android market in the phone (not computer).
                            Hey there, thanks for the input. I just tried that but when I search for either "flightradar24" or "flightradar24 pro" in the market from the phone, the only result I am getting is "FlightRadar24 Free" app. When clicking on the "upgrade to FR pro" banner in the free app, I am getting the error "The requested item could not be found".

I think that market somehow restricts the app to be installed on that particular phone model (due to compatible devices list given by the developer; recently I read somewhere that this is new feature of the market - to show you only the applications supported by your phone and available in your country) or it is something connected to certain country restrictions? I am not sure about it, but something is definitely filtering my market searches from the phone, since I can easily find FR24 Pro from my PC.

I am willing to help further in order to resolve this issue.

cheers

Comment

• http://android-developers.blogspot.c...re-buyers.html it seems like Bulgaria is not on the list of countries supported for paid apps.

Comment

• wow

wow, thanks a lot mate.

I suspected something like this, sadly.

Any advice how to cheat the system? Can I change my country in Android settings, or does the market tracks it via the provider?

cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X