This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by biggles_no1 View Post
    So how does an app like Layar manage? They have over 500 categories and within each category there can be hundreds of items. Yes these items are all stationary in fixed geographical positions but there have been more than 10 million downloads of that app. which means at least a couple of million people on the move with this app so there must be a massive requirement for individual data.
    I don't know how other apps work, how many people use them and for how long. But I know that about 350.000 people use FR24 daily, normally up to 10.000 simultaneously (sometimes up to 50.000), and all are loading a file every 8 second. That generates a major server load.

Of course we are working all the time on optimization and improvements, but that is nothing that cannot change during one night. For example last improvement made it possible to get the data more often (from 12 to 8 seconds), moving the aircraft in real time, and still we reduce the server load from 95% to under 50%.

Comment

• Bug Report

Hello Admin,
      thank you for your statement. I understand the problem with the developers and the development of apps for different platforms. The bug I (and some other users) have appears on my HTC Desire with the latest Android version 2.3.3. My ISP is O2 Germany. I noticed this bug after Oct 2, when I was on planespotting at FRA. Until that day it worked proper, no delays.
      Reading the previous posts from users in Germany, I have come to the concluseion it must be an O2-issue. Eventually they changed something which leads to this time-out for FR24pro app.

Hi Ralf, if you contact O2, they will be able to tell you why they are blocking Flightradar24.
      We had a similar issue with O2 in the UK, they where blocking data heavy apps.
      They did after a few phone calls unblock the requested website. ( Speedbird )
      Last edited by speedbird1960; 2011-10-19, 08:42.

Comment

• Originally posted by beijer View Post
        Bugreport:

Bug: when requested show trail of a plane : the plane stops moving, trail is not updated. When pressing the ` done` button the plane symbol disappears completely and/or when re-selecting the trail option (in case the symbol remains on screen), the new trail is projected ahead of the plane, but the plane symbol remains at it´s first original position and does not travel along the flight path.

If chosen the option: Keep tracking a certain plane, the updating proces stops after an certain short period where the website keep updating. A refresh option should be welcome (or preventing this bug primarily is even better)

The android version is still quite buggy on this points compared to the wonderful website.
        Is this my fault (user error) or an application error/bug?

Comment

• Hi Admin, new info: yesterday I met some spotters with their Android-Smartphones (Samsung, HTC) sharing the same problems with Vodafone.... so probably the cells are crowded by a large usage of smartphones...??? Unbelievable....

Ralf

Comment

• Originally posted by beijer View Post
            Bugreport:

Platform Android , Samsung Galaxy S II

Bug: when requested show trail of a plane : the plane stops moving, trail is not updated. When pressing the ` done` button the plane symbol disappears completely and/or when re-selecting the trail option (in case the symbol remains on screen), the new trail is projected ahead of the plane, but the plane symbol remains at it´s first original position and does not travel along the flight path.

If chosen the option: Keep tracking a certain plane, the updates stop after an certain period. A refresh option should be welcome (or preventing this primarily is even better)

The android version is still quite buggy on this points compared to the wonderful website.
            There will be a new version out soon, hope it will solve the problem.

Comment

• Update: today it worked completely normal. I'll gonna watch it.

Comment

• New Android App?

I seemed to have heard via flightradar facebook that a new android app is going to be released within weeks.
                Well I've waited and my app hasn't been updated nor a new app released to the market.

Is this just rumours, any specifics regarding release date etc?

The android app is definately behind now.

Comment

• There is a completely new app under development. I can't give any more dates right now...

Comment

• I have the current android app and am having probs opening details of the shown aircraft.
                    Tap? press screen?
                    Help appreciated

John

Comment

• Only works if you are on Pro version, select aircraft, click > to show info. The other shows track.
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I have purchased the pro andriod version for my tablet and I use the pro version on my iphone. It seems there is a big difference in functionality. I thought the mobile apps where build on a multi OS environment so the apps would always be the same. Aperently this isn't the case. Question than is when will the android app have the same functionality as the iphone one?

A happy user from the Netherlands

Comment

• Many thanks.
                          Works well but still often have difficulty opening by tapping/pressing screen.

Comment

• Originally posted by admin View Post
                            There is a completely new app under development. I can't give any more dates right now...
                            I believe they quoted "Within 4 weeks" at the beginning of November, but that has come and gone so hopefully any day now

"Flightradar24.com And I can also add that we have a new developer of the Android app. A completely new app should be ready in about 4 weeks.
                            9 November at 19:00"

Would be a brilliant Christmas present

Comment

• Hello all,

after waiting and waiting months for an update on Android please update us on
                              o IF you are going to release updates parallel on IOS & Android in the future
                              o WHEN we can expect that

Thanks,
                              - another user waiting to buy the pro version

Comment

• Hate to say this FR24, but:

Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                                Hello all,

after waiting and waiting months for an update on Android please update us on
                                o IF you are going to release updates parallel on IOS & Android in the future
                                o WHEN we can expect that

Thanks,
                                - another user waiting to buy the pro version
                                ^^This.

It seems very unfair that we on Android have paid more than the iPhone app (£2.50 vs £1.99) but been left out in the cold for so long with an inferior, buggy product. You did promise a deadline of 4 weeks that never materialised, would it perhaps have been better to not set a date in the first place if you weren't certain you'd meet it?

It is still the most used app on my handset but is very slow and buggy for the most part.

Comment

Working...
                                X