Thread: incorrect flight info on video i made i think !

Purser

incorrect flight info on video i made i think !

hi im new to using flightradar24 , someone on youtube mentioned it to me when commenting on 1 of my many aviation videos, anyway please watch this video i made and explain what i think is wrong thanks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw8p...PHHQWg&index=6 so basically i live in cambridge england i filmed a plane going north west roughly you say is going from la los angeles to papeete french polynesia yet your own flight path shows it took off from paris france ! im confused so please explain this thank you.

ps 2nd question if i buy your app im still using an iphone 3g the oldest iphone made if i buy a newer phone in future can we put your app onto our newer phone as we use itunes or do we need to buy it for each phone ?

Captain
    Welcome to the forum,

The "Route" info isn't transmitted from the aircraft. It's hard coded into the FR24 flight ID database. So it might not be totally correct all the time.
    You can double check the "Route" info on many flight tracking websites to check the data.
    http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AFR76

&

Frequently asked questions (FAQ):
    I have previously downloaded Flightradar24 Mac App and have changed computer or deleted the app by mistake, do I need to buy it again?
    You can download an app an unlimited number of times if you use the same Apple account that you used to buy the app first time.
    See thread for more details: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...24-app-for-Mac

--------------------
    From the FAQ page: http://www.flightradar24.com/faq

Why is the route information not correct?

The route is not transmitted from the airplane. The route is taken from our database based on the callsign (flight number). Sometimes the pilot types wrong callsign into the transponder, or there is an error in our database. If you think there is an error in our database, you can report correct route data by pressing the button "Report route error" in the aircraft info window.

&

Why don't you show routes for all flights?

The route is not transmitted from the airplane. The route is taken from our database based on the callsign (flight number). Today we have added about 120.000 routes into our database and we are adding new routes daily. If a route is incorrect or missing, you can submit route information by pressing the button "Report route error" in the aircraft info window.

Cambridge - If you are going to upload further YouTube clips, please consider purchasing a tripod!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBrian View Post
    The callsign(flightID) isn't transmitted from the aircraft.
    Incorrect.

The flight ID is part of the message sent by the aircraft. But the flight ID doesn't always match the flight number used by airlines on tickets and airport arrival/departure boards.

The displayed route is determined by matching the transmitted flight ID with a route held in the Flightradar24.com database.

Captain
    You are correct...
    It's the "Route" info that isn't transmitted.

Purser
    i dont need a tripod i think its your eyes that wobble : )

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan T View Post
    Cambridge - If you are going to upload further YouTube clips, please consider purchasing a tripod!

Purser
    do i need to report this mistake in another area of this forum or have you ammended your database already ? thanks for reply

Quote Originally Posted by FR24support View Post
    Incorrect.

The flight ID is part of the message sent by the aircraft. But the flight ID doesn't always match the flight number used by airlines on tickets and airport arrival/departure boards.

The displayed route is determined by matching the transmitted flight ID with a route held in the Flightradar24.com database.