major holding over dublin airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• major holding over dublin airport

a lot of aircraft holding over dublin due to 50+knt winds..... some diverting to shannon others to manchester and belfast,cork airport also unable to land aircraft due to high winds.....shannon filling up as is manchester,now dublin is sending aircraft to prestwick and east midlands.....glasgow and edinburgh..
    2323 ryanair 9429 bgy to dub managed to have a go at an approach landing but when reaching 1200ft decided discretion was the better part of valour and climbed out....
    Last edited by ripwave1040; 2013-04-17, 22:30.

Well spotted. Same over COrk, planes being diverted to Shannon.
    Screen Shot 2013-04-17 at 22.39.04.png
    Screen Shot 2013-04-17 at 22.43.44.png

Listen to the audio here
    Last edited by DanTheMan; 2013-04-17, 21:52.
    Dan.

Compare all plane tracking receivers on one website.

Comment

thanks for the link dan,dublin atc is down (yet again) on liveatc.net am on the coast in killiney and all i can see over the irish sea are strobes lol...shannon is full now ...

Comment

I'm guessing the origin 'zzzzzzzz flights on the Shannon arrivals website are diverted flights ?
        Dan.

Comment

FR9429 diverting to Manchester due to wind sheer alert on previous attempt.
          Belfast closed, Manchester has capacity, no airports north of Manchester have capacity.

UPDATE: Manchester full.
          Last edited by DanTheMan; 2013-04-17, 22:34.
          Dan.

Comment

i think you guess right my friend....id say the bar will be full to bursting there tonight....:-)

Comment

Working...
            X