No announcement yet.

Data Sharing Statement by AirNav Systems and RadarBox24 about Flightradar24.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Sharing Statement by AirNav Systems and RadarBox24 about Flightradar24.com

Posted on March 31, 2013 on Easter Day.
    RadarBox24.com

We are happy to announce that today RadarBox24 stopped sending real-time flight data to the Flightradar24 online tracker.

This means that starting today flights shown on RadarBox24 network are unique to RadarBox24 and will not be shared with other sites. What you see on RadarBox24 is unique to RadarBox24.

We are happy to announce that today RadarBox24 stopped sending real-time flight data to the Flightradar24 online tracker. This means that starting today flights shown on RadarBox24 network are...

Interesting comments to read on the facebook link.

Feel free to leave your comments on that RB24 facebook post!
    Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2013-04-01, 03:58.
    Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
    [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

False Statements by AirNav Systems and RadarBox24 about Flightradar24.com ?

Never heard RB24 ever sharing data to FR24.
    Prove me wrong and show me any statements(forum thread or facebook post) from AirNav Systems saying they were sharing data to FR24.
    Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
    [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Hi all is this not just APRIL first being used as a tool to get people to talk???

Comment

Seems like radar T_F4V has disappeared. Was that Radarbox?

Comment

Take ANY statements made by Air Nav with a large pinch of salt. Ads, placed by W&S claim that Air Nav are the most trusted provider in the virtual radar field. This is laughable and I hope W&S are heavily sensored for this.

Comment

FR24 has been buying data from RB24 but the agreement stopped today.
            What an amazing coincidence that FR24 was once again hit by a DDOS attack and clicks stopped working, exactly the same hour as RB24 made the announcement https://www.facebook.com/RadarBox24/...09646279164181

Comment

The heading of this post is not the truth

See the thread I posted below a couple of months back .

All about Flightradar24.com web page and Flightradar24 apps. No discussions about feeding data to Flightradar24.

Nobody would explain this to me then, now we know why.

This question below still remains as it happened again on the weekend.
              "There is one airframe that does not show on the FR24 maps when shared by me. That same airframe when in range of another nearby sharer suddenly appears.
              The aircraft data.......... VH-PPJ C/N 3059 7C4E15
              This is the only aircraft that doesnt show from me."
              Why is it so

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Kpin View Post
                Seems like radar T_F4V has disappeared. Was that Radarbox?
                T-F4V definitely is not noticeable on FR24.

Normally got quite a bit of T-F4V feed at mainland China and Hong Kong. Now there's no a/c apart from the feeder from Shanghai which has a very good coverage.

Personally I would be happy to do without any feed from AirNav!

Comment

Originally posted by ppgstf View Post
                  I hope W&S are heavily sensored for this.
                  Shouldn't that read "heavily censured" ?

Comment

I just had a look at 17:27 SA time and found 6852 aircraft on the screen and this is after the agreement has ended. How many more aircraft do we need.

Comment

We have been buying data from RB24 (T-F4V) for about 8 months. Last 3-4 months we have not used RB24 data over Europe as the data quality was lower and more delayed compared to our own data. Now when agreement has ended we have lost some coverage in China, Mexico and Colombia, but we are sending out about 10 FR24 boxes every week to catch up the loss.

Comment

Hi Mike thanks for your information. I was saying that i couldnt see much change in the amount of aircraft it all looked on a par with what i was used to seeing. i hope to one day buy an adsB receiver at some stage and then will hopefully help with a feed in the Durban area, but that is in the future. Thanks once again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          We have been buying data from RB24 (T-F4V) for about 8 months. Last 3-4 months we have not used RB24 data over Europe as the data quality was lower and more delayed compared to our own data. Now when agreement has ended we have lost some coverage in China, Mexico and Colombia, but we are sending out about 10 FR24 boxes every week to catch up the loss.
                          Shocking !

AirNav STOLE Data from their customers' RadarBox and sold the stolen data !

I was correct all the way in gunning at AirNav.

I did the right thing by Power OFF my AirNav RadarBox.
                          F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sage of Milton View Post
                            Shouldn't that read "heavily censured" ?
                            Woe is me, the grammar police strike again!

Yuuuup, you are indeed correct. Probably why you are called The Sage.

Comment

Sounds like it's AirNav Systems "XML Flight Data" that was being used by FR24.
                              It's not really called "RadarBox24.com real-time flight data" or "RB24 data",etc..
                              It should be called what it really is!!!
                              AirNav Systems basically saying FR24 will never ever again be able to buy the "XML Flight Data" subscription ever again....

Well... It was fun reading on how AirNav Systems wrote/released this public statement.

RadarBox24.com Our post means that our data will not be supplied anymore to FR24 and only shown on our site. The result is that our coverage continues to be the same (ever increasing worldwide coverage) while other sites will not show anymore our own data, thus decreasing their coverage.
                              We are happy to announce that today RadarBox24 stopped sending real-time flight data to the Flightradar24 online tracker. This means that starting today flights shown on RadarBox24 network are...

---
                              RadarBox24.com We see that we have a lot of Flightradar24 fans on our page. Unfortunately the only way you will have to track flights in several world locations is now using RadarBox24 as we stopped sharing our data with FR24 yesterday.
                              Note that with RB24 flight data accuracy is the same as used by many airlines and professional users worldwide.

Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2013-04-02, 02:39.
                              Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu

Comment

Working...
                              X