Jet 2 weird flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet 2 weird flights

I have noticed on a number of occasion a Jet 2 flight from the midlands or Manchester up to the Shetlands, ( usually late at night ) where they do some loops, then returning back to the midlands or Manchester. Does anyone know what these flights are?

Originally posted by dimwit26 View Post
    I have noticed on a number of occasion a Jet 2 flight from the midlands or Manchester up to the Shetlands, ( usually late at night ) where they do some loops, then returning back to the midlands or Manchester. Does anyone know what these flights are?
    They will be Northern Lights viewing flights.
    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-03-13, 11:38. Reason: spelling correction
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Many thanks, curiosity satisfied.

Comment

Sometime they are maintenance test flights

Comment

I was just wondering the same watched two flights earlier one did a fly round over north sea and the other went down to the south coast from LBA. Tonight watched two aircraft from Edinburgh one landed at East midlands and the other Stanstead...looked on arrivals board and not listed? Could they be cargo flights?

Comment

Training and maint-flights usually have flight numbers in the 9000-range. What were the flight numbers?
            ENFB.net
            Radarstation KGVL

Comment

The Jet2 flight between EDI,STN AND LTN Are mail flights for Royal Mail !

Comment

Nearly all jet2 mail flights use callsign/Flight numbers EXS0---

Comment

I've also seen one come out of Bournemouth, up to Orkney/Fair Isle and then back.
                  I don't remember the flight number but it was listed in the Bournemouth departures list, with Bournemouth as the destination.

Comment

Working...
                  X