This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocked flights

I was wondering why I can't track NCG flights (Netherlands Coast Guard) anymore. It once was possible via fr24, but it seems like these flights are being blocked now.

They DO in fact send a position and other sites don't block them.
    Global Frequency Database

Had the same thing, in my personal list I could see position and all other details, but it didn't show on FR24.

Comment

Looks like VIP airline Qatar Amiri Flight are blocked as well.
      In the past also the Gulfstream from Swedish Air Force was visible on the map.
      I suspect that some of the operators (especially: military, coast guards, VIP..etc) for some reasons may not be happy with posibility to keep track they aircrafts on very popular website and they sent requests for hide particular aircrafts

In my private opinion FR24 should refuse such request because if these aircrafts transmit full ADS-B positional data so they are anyway visible on competitive websites, on SBS ..etc so it not make sense to block them exclusively on FR24.
      Last edited by mazgaj; 2013-03-02, 20:17.

Comment

In my private opinion FR24 should work with authorities, and not against them.

Comment

I agree with you, Mike. However, if someone doesn't want his position to be tracked, they should simply quit transmitting their position. In the specific case of NCG, have you guys received a request from them to block these flights or what?

Comment

ATC is not a game where you turn transponder on/off depending on mood. There are areas where ADS-B is mandatory and I think that North Sea north of Amsterdam is one of these areas. Once again, FR24 should work with authorities, and not against them.

Comment

You are right Mike. It is fun for us that we can see them, but we must not forget the actual use of ADS-B.

Comment

Interesting fact: GNY4782 is visible, having the same tasks an area just east of them but sometimes in Dutch airspace as well. I had the German authorities expected to be more paranoid than the Dutch ones.

However, this isn't the site for me to feed then. I'll turn off T-EHAM1 in a moment.

Comment

Originally posted by norave View Post
                  Interesting fact: GNY4782 is visible, having the same tasks an area just east of them but sometimes in Dutch airspace as well. I had the German authorities expected to be more paranoid than the Dutch ones.

However, this isn't the site for me to feed then. I'll turn off T-EHAM1 in a moment.
                  Sorry, I don't understand what you are suggesting. If one country contact us, should we contact every other country to ask if they have they same request? Or should we ignore the request so ADS-B receivers maybe becomes illegal in Netherlands? Or maybe wait for ADS-B signal becoming coded because authorities can't deal with flight tracking pages?

Comment

Mike I understand your point because is better to cooperate with autorities and hide couple of aircrafts rather then lead to scenario where ADS-B tracking websites will become illegal in particular country. However maybe in some cases there is possibility to strike a balance between authorities requirements and plane spotters expectations which does not affect the safty ? Let say 5 minutes dalay for some sensitive aircrafts..etc
                    Last edited by mazgaj; 2013-03-03, 22:13.

Comment

Thats not good, I understand some aircraft will want to block there details but if its broadcast over ADS-B it shouldn't be blocked at all, anyone can listen to that anyway. Tried another site http://www.radarbox24.com and the aircraft weren't blocked there. I know they block FAA flights but at least the ADS-B ones were shown.
                      Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-04-01, 10:46.

Comment

Planefinder.net takes the same approach as FR24 for "blocking" on those required ADS-B aircraft.
                        Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                        [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

As far as I know according to NATO STANAG there is a special “Mode 5” designed moslty for military aircrafts which provides a cryptographically secured version of Mode S and ADS-B GPS position. Maybe they should use Mode 5 in mandatory ADS-B areas (North Sea) rather than requesting for blocking on those aircrafts ?

Does anyone know something more about current implementation of Mode 5 in ATC ? Is there any aircrafts already transmitting their ADS-B positional data using encoded Mode 5 ?
                          Last edited by mazgaj; 2013-03-04, 21:10.

Comment

I think everyone has missed Mikes point here.

No matter how many sites still show them. Or how wrong everyone thinks it is. If cease and desist orders from lawyers are not adhered to there only 2 alternate things they will target to combat it:

Order to take the entire country coverage down.
                            Make intercepting the signal when it is not specifically intended for air to air avoidance illegal - Effectivley taking away all coverage away from tracking sites by targeting users sharing it.

Remember, ADSB is there for pilots/ATC use. It is only an added bonus plane buffs are able to use it also, so its quite fair that everything will be done to keep it this way.
                            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

How many "Mode-S/ADS-B" codes being blocked as of right now ? aka Aircraft,Vehicles,etc...
                              Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2013-03-04, 20:58.
                              Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                              [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Working...
                              X