AirNav Systems Company and RadarBox product - What its Customers Think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AirNav Systems Company and RadarBox product - What its Customers Think

Some good reading about AirNav Systems company and RadarBox hardware/software product this week.

Topic: AirNav - What its Customers Think

Topic: AirNav RadarBox Discussion / Remember this?

I used to promote the product to family and friends...not anymore unfortunately. I still enjoy the package and use it daily, however some enhancements/updates would be nice. I am making sure to cancel my network subscription next time around as well. It's all about the almighty dollar unfortunately.
    I gave up waiting for bugfixes and a new version and have bought a SBS-3 in the meantime.
    Don't use my radarbox anymore. I have never experienced such a bad support with any other product I bought.
    Pretty obvious AN don't care who no longer subscribes to the product or who does or doesn't share data. After all, they are continually giving away boxes for free to make up the numbers of those users going elsewhere (many of them long-standing users and beneficial to them) !
    Now it's the USA that's being targeted !
    I suppose it's one way of getting rid of an obsolete product.
    The best quote from Tarbat on the AirNav Beta Testing team.
    I gave up as well. No longer running Radarbox or ShipTrax.
    Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2013-02-27, 17:01.
    Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
    [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
    Some good reading about AirNav Systems company and RadarBox hardware/software product this week.

Topic: AirNav - What its Customers Think

Topic: AirNav RadarBox Discussion / Remember this?

The best quote from Tarbat on the AirNav Beta Testing team.
    Please don't forget to mention:

AirNav Systems STEAL Flight Data without permission by DECEIVING customers into believing they can DISABLE "Share Flight Data" - when in fact, "Share Flight Data" got ENABLED again when the pop-up window is closed.

The Flight Data is fed into their PAID Network and Radarbox24.com

I screwed AirNav Systems wholesale by switching OFF my AirNav Radarbox and use it as a paper weight but it failed to work as a paper weight because it is to light.
    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Some interesting comments to read about RB users and RB Product...

"Even the people at Waters & Stanton mentioned their poor support"
      Does anyone know of a place in North America that repairs RadarBoxes? I've been dealing with Waters & Stanton in the UK, they are excellent people and provide quality work but, the shipping costs are quite expensive along with the transit times is a real hassle. Thanks Paul
      Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
      [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Interesting info from Radarspotting Forum Raffle draw result.

There are opportunities:

1). To send a Flightradar24 receiver to 15 people without a Mode-S receiver - to expand the network,

2). To convince the 30 "NO" to feed into Flightradar24.

---------------------------------

Online Brian

Snr. Member

Re: The Radarspotting Spring Raffle
        « Reply #159 on: Today at 02:46:24 am »

Quick Stats:
        __________________________________________________ _____
        The #1 Question: 1. Do you have a Mode-S Receiver? Yes or No.
        Total Reported: 145
        YES: 130
        NO: 15

The #2 Question: 2. If Yes, what make and model?

Total Reported: 202

1 = Bullion
        1 = Flightradar24 Receiver
        1 = gns5980
        4 = Aurora
        2 = RadarGadget
        3 = PlaneGadget
        20 = RadarBox
        10 = Beast
        24 = RTL/DVB-T Dongle
        14 = microADSB
        28 = SBS3
        17 = SBS-1 Classic
        41 = SBS-1er
        25 = SBS-1
        4 = SBS-1 Mk 2
        5 = SBS-1e
        2 = SBS-1 MKI

The #3 Question: 3. Do you share data and where? Flightradar24, PlaneFinder, PlaenPlotter, RadarBox etc?

Total Reported: 201

30 = NO
        56 = Flightradar24
        20 = Planefinder
        65 = PlanePlotter
        9 = live-military-mode-s.eu
        2 = ADSB-Concentrator
        1 = ADS B Hub
        1 = ADSBScope
        1 = Libhomeradar.org
        2 = localizatodo
        3 = MMS2
        1 = Private netowork(MMS Server)
        3 = RadarBox24
        1 = RadarVirtuel
        1 = Skytraffic
        1 = SPOTTERS
        1 = Globe-S
        3 = Virtual Radar Server
        1 = OtNE
        F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
          Some interesting comments to read about RB users and RB Product...

"Even the people at Waters & Stanton mentioned their poor support"
          http://forums.radioreference.com/air...h-america.html
          Can't believe W&S slagging off Air Nav, perhaps Air Nav forgot to send them the little brown envelope last month.

Whatever, people are hacked off with being fed lie after lie from Air Nav. More subscriptions will be ended and more people will cotton on and switch off data share.

Don't be fooled about all the free boxes they gave out ages ago with the promise that it would increase coverage for radarbox users. That was also a lie, it was to suppliment the data needed for RB24.com, nothing else.

I wish I had an SBS-1 right now!

Comment

Originally posted by ppgstf View Post

Don't be fooled about all the free boxes they gave out ages ago with the promise that it would increase coverage for radarbox users. That was also a lie, it was to suppliment the data needed for RB24.com, nothing else.
            When I was young, my grandfather told me this:

" Don't tell lies - if you tell 1 lie on Monday, you need to tell 2 lies on Tuesday to cover up Monday's lie. On Wednesday, you need to tell 4 lies to cover up Tuesday's 2 lies. Eventually, you will tell ALL LIES ".

This is what AirNav Systems is doing now!

Don't forget - those who received the free box NEED to leave their PC ON 24/7 - consuming at least 200 watts, Internet Modem / router ON and constantly Uploading Data into RB24 - Some internet subscription have Data Capped at XXX GB and any excess will cost money.

BesTEST is Flightradar24 Receiver - no need a PC on 24/7. Low power consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by ppgstf View Post
              Can't believe W&S slagging off Air Nav, perhaps Air Nav forgot to send them the little brown envelope last month.
              Maybe, the little brown envelope is empty or over-due by 6 months.

Comment

Topic: Buying a RadarBox? Read this First

The polished look to the program was one of the reasons I went with a Radarbox. Little did I know that a new version hadn't been released in years and by the look of it, won't be released anytime soon.
                With the price of an RTL dongle and Planeplotter being so low, you would think AirNav would protect it's high price point for the Radarbox and network access by continuing development and keeping it's customers happy.
                My Radarbox sits idle now and I won't be renewing my network access subscription when it's up. I've already gone through one long outage with no compensation for the lost time.
                Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu

Comment

all this cross-posting of other peoples original posts between forums is getting very very overboard and tiring.

This forum is meant to be about fr24, and support around it, and we're struggling to find these linked in that respect

Sure, there is other off topic aircraft related stuff that Mike is happy to have here (And engage with users etc about stuff outside of fr24), But its largely original and specific to users or content creators here, not just links from elsewhere pasted back n forth.
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                    all this cross-posting of other peoples original posts between forums is getting very very overboard and tiring.

This forum is meant to be about fr24, and support around it
                    Amen to THAT !

The Sage
                    --------------------

Those who say the most frequently have the least to say

Comment

This forum is meant to be about fr24, and support around it, and we're struggling to find these linked in that respect
                      And this is the Air Nav part of the Forum. Go and look at all of the other virtual radar Forums and they all have sections dedicated to other virtual radar systems. I can only assume you were having a bad day when you posted your original comments.

If you don't want to read about radarbox or SBS here, can I politely suggest you just stick to the FR24 topics, that way your blood pressure won't hit the roof!

Comment

You're missing the point. Quoting this one line that without the rest reads out of context.

And no. I was not having a bad day, nor targeting this product specifically. But thankyou for taking an interest in my lifestyle.

Behind the scenes here the number of new posts and threads on FR24 of copy/pasted text from other users on other forums was noted. Sometimes these 3rd or 4th hand repeated posts have likely already been read by users such as yourself that as you point out, also reads other forums. Losing their effectiveness and simply increasing post counts.

Sure, there is other off topic aircraft related stuff that Mike is happy to have here (And engage with users etc about stuff outside of fr24), But its largely original and specific to users or content creators here, not just links from elsewhere pasted back n forth.
                        Original:

And so on..

Last edited by Oblivian; 2013-04-23, 13:50.
                        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Behind the scenes here the number of new posts and threads on FR24 of copy/pasted text from other users on other forums was noted. Sometimes these 3rd or 4th hand repeated posts have likely already been read by users such as yourself that as you point out, also reads other forums. Losing their effectiveness and simply increasing post counts.
                          You don't have to be Poirot to work out who you are talking about.

Comment

I have scrapped my AirNav Radar box, it never worked and support from the 'Help Desk' was useless, the guy knew less about the system than I did, fortunately it was a competition prize so no monetary loss. Complete rubbish.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum.

What country was the box used in ?

You can try to use it as a "Doorstop" now

Thanks for letting us know.
                              Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2013-05-05, 20:11.
                              Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu

Comment

Working...
                              X