AirNav Systems Company and RadarBox product - What its Customers Think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goggles View Post
    I have scrapped my AirNav Radar box, it never worked and support from the 'Help Desk' was useless, the guy knew less about the system than I did, fortunately it was a competition prize so no monetary loss. Complete rubbish.
    Was it last prize?

Comment

Originally posted by goggles View Post
      I have scrapped my AirNav Radar box, it never worked and support from the 'Help Desk' was useless, the guy knew less about the system than I did, fortunately it was a competition prize so no monetary loss. Complete rubbish.
      I need a SMA-Female Antenna Connector.

Can you remove it from your RadarBox and give it to me ?
      F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Being a newcomer to radar spotting I bought a Radar Box from a dealer in the home counties. It was a hundred quid off and to a novice, seemed like a good deal. I run W8 and from the offset, it was obvious that the Box wouldn't work with W8. Airnav's website offers a " Windows 8 driver upgrade" so I downloaded it and it still wouldn't work. It displayed an error message saying something like " the file may be corrupted". So, I ring the dealer I bought it from and he remotely accesses my laptop, finds and downloads the required drivers ( Windows 7 drivers...) and did eventually get it going. But I have to say it is a poor relation to the SBS-3 Kinetic a friend has. It constantly freezes and to my way of thinking, is mis-represented by AN who totally fail to mention that it WON'T work with W8 unless you have someone in the know to find and install the correct drivers. AN blatantly lie when they say those downloadable drivers "for W8" will work - they don't. I've spent £300 on a box of crap and am not happy at all. I wish I'd coughed up the extra hundred quid and bought a Kinetic but we're all wiser with hindsight.

Comment

Originally posted by grahamdevizes View Post
          I run W8 and from the offset, it was obvious that the Box wouldn't work with W8. Airnav's website offers a " Windows 8 driver upgrade" so I downloaded it and it still wouldn't work.
          Try the new driver they just released for beta for Windows 8 users.
          You need to email them to get the link to download it. They are not available on the site until tested.
          Contact support@airnavsystems.com for assistance.

See this thread.
          Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
          [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Strange how we never heard anything more from grahamdevizes!

Comment

Originally posted by ppgstf View Post
              Strange how we never heard anything more from grahamdevizes!
              What more did you expect me to say then? I'm grateful for the info posted by the previous poster but still far from happy with the box.

Comment

Originally posted by grahamdevizes View Post
                What more did you expect me to say then? I'm grateful for the info posted by the previous poster but still far from happy with the box.
                I'm just curious as to what the box does see (might be interesting to compare to what I get with Raspberry pi+dongle ... click the t-egbb19 link below)

Comment

I
                  'm grateful for the info posted by the previous poster but still far from happy with the box.
                  I just thought you might have posted this at the time, that's all.

Comment

Working...
                  X