Helicopters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helicopters

Hi new to this site love it very adictive also have the Iphone version as well

dose the site show Helicopters?

Originally posted by Trinitytrees View Post
    Hi new to this site love it very adictive also have the Iphone version as well

dose the site show Helicopters?
    if any aircraft, irrespective of type, has an operational ADS-B transponder and is within range of a receiver, it will show on the map. the 'about' section on the map (specifically 'how it works') may help. they can be few and far between at the moment but as time goes by more will be visible. some Australian army choppers are visible, a rescue chopper in queensland and a couple of police choppers in n/e usa are visible at times. also some of the choppers flying out to the oil rigs from Aberdeen (UK) were visible but i havent looked for them recently.

seeing the other posts reminded me, some may have an aircraft symbol for the moment but this will change in time.

regards,
    gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2013-02-26, 12:02. Reason: update
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

hiya, last time a heli showed up at my area FR24 used a plane symbol (for small planes) while on planeplotter it used a helicopter symbol. That attracted my attention initially! Hope this helps.

Comment

It even shows cars

Comment

Our local Cornwall Air Ambulance does not offer ADS-B, but when Bond Helicopters substitutes this EC-135 for heavy maintenance, the loaned machine from Bond did carry ADS-B, so it could be spotted across the county for a few days. Interesting to note that the loaned EC-135 airframe was registered to Strathclyde Police!

Comment

Working...
          X