Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which is better - Flightradar24 or Radarbox24 ?

Which is better - Flightradar24 or Radarbox24 ?

The answer is obvious - no prize for guessing the correct answer.

I have pulled the Big Switch OFF to prevent AirNav Systems from STEALING my Flight Data.

Flightradar24 vs Radarbox24_ 1.jpg

Captain
    Looks like Flightradar24 has better coverage in that area :-)
    Keep up the good work and your new FR24 receiver.

P.S don't forget you can run/connect these software(Virtual Radar Server , adsbScope and PlanePlotter) to the FR24 box.
    Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2013-02-18 at 05:55.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBrian View Post
    Looks like Flightradar24 has better coverage in that area :-)
    Keep up the good work and your new FR24 receiver.

P.S don't forget you can run/connect these software(Virtual Radar Server , adsbScope and PlanePlotter) to the FR24 box.
    Using which Connector ?

The front " Extension " or the back "Mini-USB" connector ?

Captain
    Via the device IP address and port 30003

This is what Mike said last week. The information should really be added under the FR24 FAQ page or another page!

USB in front will be used for extensions in the future. For example WiFi connection, second ADS-B receiver, AIS receiver, weather station, web cam.
    The free receivers provided by FR24 are controlled by FR24, and extensions will be limited to these approved by FR24.
    The receivers that will be sold on the market later, will be more open for public add-ons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The FR24 receiver provided by FR24 is very simple. You connect power, antenna and Ethernet and it's starts feeding FR24 automatically. You can get local data on port 30003 from the unit through local network, by connecting on units IP address. You can also see local traffic by viewing through "radar view" when logged in to your premium account.

The FR24 receiver that will be sold later will have more options and features.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post

The answer is obvious - no prize for guessing the correct answer.

I have pulled the Big Switch OFF to prevent AirNav Systems from STEALING my Flight Data.

Flightradar24 vs Radarbox24_ 1.jpg
    Radarbox receiver was developed some times back in 2005-2006 i think and nothing has changed since that. FR24 receiver was developed in late 2012.
    If you connect both beside each other the FR24 receiver should handle about 100% more frames and data than the Radarbox receiver.
    Some tests that I have seen lately shows that even a DVB-T stick handles more frames and data than the Radarbox receiver

Radarbox receiver was developed some times back in 2005-2006 i think and nothing has changed since that. FR24 receiver was developed in late 2012.
    If you connect both beside each other the FR24 receiver should handle about 100% more frames and data than the Radarbox receiver.
    Some tests that I have seen lately shows that even a DVB-T stick handles more frames and data than the Radarbox receiver
    Mike,

Thanks for the head-up.

When the 2 pieces of Power Splitters I ordered arrive, I will be able to configure my antenna system for better range coverage. Only then, I can put both the FR24 and ANRB side by side - fed by the same antenna system.

Btw, I have one of the DVB-T stick - how to convert it to receive flight data ?

Which software to use ?

http://www.hauppauge.com.sg/site/pro..._hvr900hd.html

Captain
    Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2013-02-18 at 07:47.

Thanks SoCalBrian

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    When the 2 pieces of Power Splitters I ordered arrive, I will be able to configure my antenna system for better range coverage. Only then, I can put both the FR24 and ANRB side by side - fed by the same antenna system.
    Looking forward to see the results of the comparison!

Marl, Germany 1Km NNW of EDLM-( T-EDLM1 [F_EDLE1] )

Interesting,. I have an FUJITSU/Siemens DVB-T Mobile TV Tuner,.(stick).
    From what Im reading,does this mean that I could use the above, to
    recieve ADS-B.
    When so,. How,..!,. (my knowledge of Computers is,.. just press the keys)

David
    (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
    1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)