Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is better - Flightradar24 or Radarbox24 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is better - Flightradar24 or Radarbox24 ?

The answer is obvious - no prize for guessing the correct answer.

I have pulled the Big Switch OFF to prevent AirNav Systems from STEALING my Flight Data.

Flightradar24 vs Radarbox24_ 1.jpg
    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Looks like Flightradar24 has better coverage in that area :-)
    Keep up the good work and your new FR24 receiver.

P.S don't forget you can run/connect these software(Virtual Radar Server , adsbScope and PlanePlotter) to the FR24 box.
    Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2013-02-18, 05:55.
    Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
    [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post

P.S don't forget you can run/connect these software(Virtual Radar Server , adsbScope and PlanePlotter) to the FR24 box.
      Using which Connector ?

The front " Extension " or the back "Mini-USB" connector ?
      F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Via the device IP address and port 30003

This is what Mike said last week. The information should really be added under the FR24 FAQ page or another page!

USB in front will be used for extensions in the future. For example WiFi connection, second ADS-B receiver, AIS receiver, weather station, web cam.
        The free receivers provided by FR24 are controlled by FR24, and extensions will be limited to these approved by FR24.
        The receivers that will be sold on the market later, will be more open for public add-ons.
        Originally posted by Mike
        The FR24 receiver provided by FR24 is very simple. You connect power, antenna and Ethernet and it's starts feeding FR24 automatically. You can get local data on port 30003 from the unit through local network, by connecting on units IP address. You can also see local traffic by viewing through "radar view" when logged in to your premium account.

The FR24 receiver that will be sold later will have more options and features.
        Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
        [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie View Post

The answer is obvious - no prize for guessing the correct answer.

I have pulled the Big Switch OFF to prevent AirNav Systems from STEALING my Flight Data.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1838[/ATTACH]
          Radarbox receiver was developed some times back in 2005-2006 i think and nothing has changed since that. FR24 receiver was developed in late 2012.
          If you connect both beside each other the FR24 receiver should handle about 100% more frames and data than the Radarbox receiver.
          Some tests that I have seen lately shows that even a DVB-T stick handles more frames and data than the Radarbox receiver

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Radarbox receiver was developed some times back in 2005-2006 i think and nothing has changed since that. FR24 receiver was developed in late 2012.
            If you connect both beside each other the FR24 receiver should handle about 100% more frames and data than the Radarbox receiver.
            Some tests that I have seen lately shows that even a DVB-T stick handles more frames and data than the Radarbox receiver
            Mike,

Thanks for the head-up.

When the 2 pieces of Power Splitters I ordered arrive, I will be able to configure my antenna system for better range coverage. Only then, I can put both the FR24 and ANRB side by side - fed by the same antenna system.

Btw, I have one of the DVB-T stick - how to convert it to receive flight data ?

Which software to use ?

Comment

Thanks SoCalBrian

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie View Post
                When the 2 pieces of Power Splitters I ordered arrive, I will be able to configure my antenna system for better range coverage. Only then, I can put both the FR24 and ANRB side by side - fed by the same antenna system.
                Looking forward to see the results of the comparison!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

Interesting,. I have an FUJITSU/Siemens DVB-T Mobile TV Tuner,.(stick).
                  From what Im reading,does this mean that I could use the above, to
                  recieve ADS-B.
                  When so,. How,..!,. (my knowledge of Computers is,.. just press the keys)

David
                  (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                  1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

I'm not sure if your DVB-T tuner is suitable, but have a look at Jetvision's RTL1090 Windows software:

Comment

Not quite, the current ones people are using has a specific modulation chip in it that allows it to do a bit of decode/checking of the data it receives quick enough to produce the right sort of output.

They are also full range frequency, so 25MHz-1700MHz or better. When other T tuners lack the chip and only go up to 800Mhz
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I post the same heading " Which is better - RadarBox24 or Flightradar24 " in AirNav Systems Forum.

As anticipated, the thread got locked. But, this time they dared not banned me from their forum !

Hahahahaa ... I guess they knew they had BADLY PISSED me OFF a few months ago by banning me "for trying to create trouble".

- and now I PULLED the BIG SWITCH OFF on them preventing them from stealing my flight data to feed their Radarbox24.com site.

Flightradar 24 vs Radarbox 24 discussion got locked.jpg

Comment

Which of the 3 softwares work best on FR24 receiver ?

Comment

Via the device IP address and port 30003

This is what Mike said last week. The information should really be added under the FR24 FAQ page or another page!

I spent 4 hrs trying to set it up using PlanePlotter but failed. I used your suggestion of IP address and Port 30003.

Can't find the "Radar View " in the Premium Account.

I even connect a Mini-USB cable to my PC USB Port - still cant get PlanePlotter to work with Flightradar24 receiver.

Is there any Step-by-Step Instructions somewhere ?
                            Last edited by Birdie; 2013-02-19, 16:18.

Comment

Working...
                            X