Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Appreciation Thread - Thank You Feeders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appreciation Thread - Thank You Feeders.

Thank you to WBGG1 at Kuching, Malaysia. There is a noticeable increase in coverage for the past week with a/c showing up to Sibu and further and also plane route at South China Sea heading to Singapore/Kuala Lumpur from North Borneo/Phillipines . Whatever you have done, thank you. We all do this for free, so I think we should be grateful.

Thanks again for this.

Feel free to post your 'thank you' here for other feeders.

Originally posted by Birdie View Post
    Singapore receiver is operational.

Hope it will be assigned a proper ID asap.

Waiting for the raining weather to clear to put up the antenna in its proper place.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1839[/ATTACH]

Thanks Birdie for your long range feed for Singapore area.

So your code now is WSSS1 instead of WSSS4?
    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-02-18, 09:53.

Comment

F-WSSS1 instead of T-WSSS4

T- are software feeders
      F- are hardware feeders

Comment

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
        Thanks Birdie for your long range feed for Singapore area.

So your code now is WSSS1 instead of WSSS4?
        Flightradar24 Receiver (R13a) is now F-WSSS1 which is now ON 24/7.

My AirNav RadarBox is T-WSSS4 - as and when I am on good mood, I turn it on. Most of the time I am on BAD Mood @ AirNav Systems and the RadarBox is switched OFF - depriving AirNav of their STEALING my flight Data.
        Last edited by Birdie; 2013-02-23, 03:49.
        F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Birdie,

Just remembered, have you installed your pre-amp? is it the AS-1090 preamp from wimo? any thoughts on whether it improves performance?

or u are waiting to install it together with the antenna? thanks.
          Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-02-23, 01:55.

Comment

Birdie,

Just remembered, have you installed your pre-amp? is it the AS-1090 preamp from wimo? any thoughts on whether it improves performance?

or u are waiting to install it together with the antenna? thanks.

My current range is about 298 nM using the flimsy antenna.

Weather is quite bad and raining. I cant risk falling down working on the slippery air conditioner outdoor compressor.

I will do the Antenna & Wimo Pre-Amp installation together at one go to minimise my risks.

Meanwhile, I am having fun rubbing AirNav Systems - by posting screen-shots of Flightradar24 & RadarBox24 coverage.

( Comment: No Prize for guessing correctly which site is better and which site got ZERO Coverage from WSSS )

With the FlightRadar24 Receiver - I now Declare : " I am the HAPPIEST & highly motivated to improve coverage Flight Data Feeder in the World ! "
            Last edited by Birdie; 2013-02-23, 03:59.
            F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Alright thanks for the update Birdie!

Also, good to have T-VTBD1 back online. noticed it was off few days ago. I still couldn't see VTBS1-?4 whilst VTBD1 was offline. Only some planes showed up from T-F4V then. Is that you VTBS?

Good to have your good coverage back at Bangkok! thanks

Comment

Thank you to WBGG1 at Kuching, Malaysia. There is a noticeable increase in coverage for the past week with a/c showing up to Sibu and further and also plane route at South China Sea heading to Singapore/Kuala Lumpur from North Borneo/Phillipines . Whatever you have done, thank you. We all do this for free, so I think we should be grateful.

Thanks again for this.

Feel free to post your 'thank you' here for other feeders.
                When the Antenna and Masthead Pre-Amp is up in its proper place, I might intrude into WBGG1 coverage areas.

Comment

When the Antenna and Masthead Pre-Amp is up in its proper place, I might intrude into WBGG1 coverage areas.
                  I dont mind personally! I am sure it is good for FR24!

Some say a pre don't really extend the range but pick up weaker signals within the range. Will be interesting to see the data collected by your antenna and mast head pre when it's up at the proper place.

Comment

Thanks to radar T-RCKU1 ! now able to see traffic at Fujian, China. Also covering South, South West Part of Taiwan, close to Hong Kong sometimes!

Also to RCKH1, aircraft can be detected as far south as northern part of Phillipines!

Good to see coverage across that part of Asia getting better!

Comment

Kota Kinabalu got a new Feeder F-WBKK1

Hi there Birdie,

Yup noticed F-WBKK1 came online on the 11/3/13. Good to have a better coverage for this part of the world, and that feeder is giving good coverage to the North, NW and NE. And I can give the receiver a holiday sometime too lol i.e. power cuts here sometimes, several times a day is not infrequent. I can only turn the PC on again after work.

How's progress at your side? Still waiting for good weather to get it installed? I am waiting for this FR24 receiver to go on sale.. neck is getting long. I guess it's good not needing to run a PC to run it!
                      Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-03-20, 14:27.

Comment

To T-WADD2,

Thanks for increasing your coverage further around far east Java/Bali. Noticed Planes North of Bali into the Bali Sea is detected, as well as towards the east and South. Got a new antenna I suspect. Your efforts didn't go unnotice and thanks again!

Comment

To T-WADD2,

Thanks for increasing your coverage further around far east Java/Bali. Noticed Planes North of Bali into the Bali Sea is detected, as well as towards the east and South. Got a new antenna I suspect. Your efforts didn't go unnotice and thanks again!
                          T-WADD2 cover until 100 km West of Ujung Pandang.

Comment

T-WADD2/emulatormania I hope you see this

Since your setup is powered by the DVT-B dongle, why not try apply for a free FR24 receiver since coverage from you area is quite good? see:

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Are you interested in helping us increase Flightradar24’s ADS-B coverage around the world? We are looking for suitable hosts for a large number of ADS-B receivers and antennas. To make sure we get the most out of each ADS-B receiver we send out, we do have some requirements: • You are able to offer excellent

who knows your application might be accepted?
                            Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-04-20, 23:41.

Comment

T-WADD2/emulatormania I hope you see this

Since your setup is powered by the DVT-B dongle, why not try apply for a free FR24 receiver since coverage from you area is quite good? see:

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Are you interested in helping us increase Flightradar24’s ADS-B coverage around the world? We are looking for suitable hosts for a large number of ADS-B receivers and antennas. To make sure we get the most out of each ADS-B receiver we send out, we do have some requirements: • You are able to offer excellent

who knows your application might be accepted?
                              Thanks Birdie and borneo ,yeah im upgrade my RTL dongle from FC0013 to R820T chipset,, now my antenna just 10m from ground with 8 el coaxial collinear and 15m RG6 coaxial.. and my coverage have better then 2 week ago. and when i got free fr24 receiver i can install to 24m antenna on my mast,,

I have request free reciver, and Mr. mike said I get into the list .. and I'm sure with fr24 receiver will get much coverage .. but the receiver will soon be sold in the market. whether the program will remain free receiver running or stopped

Comment

Working...
                              X