Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huge Difference between iOS app and browser.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Difference between iOS app and browser.

Hi guys, I was wondering why there is so much difference between radar coverage, on the web and on mobile devices.
    My iPad, iPhone and the Mac App I have installed all tell me thay have about 800 more aircraft LIVE than the browser version does.

See attatched photo to see how much the difference is.
    fr24difference.png

Looks to me like you have added a filter at some point and neglected to move it and likely still active, possibly for aircraft type of callsign. Is there a green dot present on the filter line on the left menu
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

No, we were talking about this on the chat, And we all came to the same conclusion. The differences is there.

If you have an iOS app, Android, Mac OS X or the Windows 8 program you can see for your self.

but perhaps this was a temporary error.

Comment

I think there's something wrong with the app, as I have a KLM MD-11 over Ireland which actually landed about 4hrs ago
        Jordi

http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ad-(continious)

http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...0963#post10963

Comment

i agree with md11 there seem to be some ghost ac on the app. the app shows ac on the map that already have landed hours ago.

Comment

Stop ganing up on me

But yes, for those new to this thread please don't start another one reporting it.

It is clear there is an issue with the servers providing the mobile app data. Possibly a result of the attacks, will know more once the EU team come on board
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

There is no difference in data between platforms in latest version of FR24 apps as they all use exactly the same data source. On your screenshot there is obviously something wrong as you have 30 aircraft at the same spot. Please delete the app, and make sure to install the latest version directly from App Store (not from a backup in itunes).

Here are 3 screenshots from 08:46 European time, and there is absolutely no difference.

Web

Android

iPad

Comment

Bizzare. As I saw similar with my android prem ver. Was nothing over the island when the web showed 5

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                  Bizzare. As I saw similar with my android prem ver. Was nothing over the island when the web showed 5
                  Do you have a screenshot? Do you use 3.6.7? There is a new data feed used in 3.6.7 (the same as web). I you use 3.6.6 there is older data feed that can sometimes be a bit slower.

Comment

Yep 3.6.7 and no I don't. Wasnt terribly concerned, since this side of the planet is rather quiet. But, there was some strange stuff happening online too. Ill see if I can dig it out.

A 747 was doing 2 kts all around Avalon airport like it was walking

Comment

Working...
                    X