New on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New on here

Hello people, I am new to this and have been watching the live feed.
    As a scanner enthusiast for over 20 years I am looking for a new slant.
    However on the live feed I have never seen any Helicopters shown as tracking, Air ambulances or police XR craft yet on peoples public logs they show up, is this a filter problem or does the live feed only track commercial traffic craft.
    Second question, if I am Looking for a new box, what would you recommend that works straight out of the box with a good ground reference map, some I have seen have very poor maps with no ground references.
    I am more interested in Helicopter traffic than commercial traffic, is there any specific products that track these or is it a setting or do many not issue codes ?
    Apologies foe asking newbie questions, but all advice welcome
    thanks.
    mark

Not many helicopters with ADS-B, but you'll see some going to the oil rigs in the North Sea out of Stavanger and Scotland.
    ENFB.net
    Radarstation KGVL

Comment

Welcome Mark, hope you enjoy it here!

Yeah there are a few helicopters that are ADS-B radar equipped, notibly those belonging to Bristow off the coast of aberdeen. I have also seen a few around Norwhich area. Keep your eyes peeled

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by LN-MOW View Post
        Not many helicopters with ADS-B, but you'll see some going to the oil rigs in the North Sea out of Stavanger and Scotland.
        hi i live in aberdeen the only helicopters that appear out of here are EC225 belonging to bristows monday -friday has more offshore crew changes than weekends so you have a lot more chance to see them during the daytime then,egpd has a radar/freq sector that handles all offshore traffic to and from the rigs you hear nothing else on (apart from mil traffic now and again) it 24/7

Comment

hiya all...this is my first post so a big "hello"...
          i've re-discovered an old passion through finding out about Flightradar...i'm an ex-spotter....used to be based in Southern England and was active from say 1970 till about 1995 or so....my memories of the fun i had at southampton airport....travelling around all the UK airshows....dot-watching...spending weekends sleeping over at Heathrow....i was into civil and mil....happy times that seem so long ago!....never did get to learn to fly....such a shame
          i discovered that flightradar and ADS-B existed only a few months ago and am simply amazed!....i live in Shetland now and i've always wondered about the over-flights here...now i know!...fascinating and very addictive even in such a remote location such as mine...
          Got my first A380 the other day! (emirates UAE241)....it can get pretty busy for overflights here when the tracks are in use...
          I'd love to get a box and contribute in the future and would sincerely like to thank the admins and all of you unselfish participants....you have rekindled a hobby of mine that ithought was gone forever...
          all the best
          Dave
          Last edited by daveH; 2010-09-17, 15:01. Reason: miss spelling!

Comment

WELCOME to You
            You are very welcome Dave among friends
            that share aprox. the same history as You
            Our hooby thing got a new dimension so to say

Ulf Scanhorse , see you in chat
            http://www.airliners.net/aviation-news/ http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/?JavaScript=1&search=air
            http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=EKCH
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXYBh_ut-fo&feature ...düüüse Im Sauseschritt

Comment

Hello from Spain

Hi, my name is Jorge, I work in Ibiza Airport providing fuel to airplanes, I always liked this world of aircraft, airports and amateur radio, if all goes well in 5 days may provide coverage for the island of Ibiza and surrounding areas.

Greetings.

P.D: Sorry for my bad English.
              LEST Radar - Observando el cielo de Galicia

Comment

Originally posted by polaris View Post
                Hi, my name is Jorge, I work in Ibiza Airport providing fuel to airplanes, I always liked this world of aircraft, airports and amateur radio, if all goes well in 5 days may provide coverage for the island of Ibiza and surrounding areas.

Greetings.

P.D: Sorry for my bad English.
                Hi Jorge.

Welcome to the Forum, we are used to language problems on here as it is a world wide forum.

Good luck with setting up your radar, if have any problems just ask on here.

Mike / Speedbird
                AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Welcome JORGE.
                  A very freindly and welcoming forum....enjoy.

Bill

Comment

Newbie saying Hello

Good Evening Gentleman,

Just want to say hello to you all, only found out about this today, seriously impressed, its just so easy to use. I think its brilliant that you do not have to install anything, just click and go.

A big big thanks to everybody with SBS and Air Nav that provide teh real time data.

Thanks
                    NJ

Comment

Hi NJ.

Welcome to the Forum, good to hear you enjoy Flightradar24 so much.

It has improved alot over the last year and will be fine tuned to make it even better in the future.

Mike / Speedbird
                      AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Welcome aboard

Comment

Thank you for welcome Speedbird and Polaris.

I have spent many happy hours today with Flightradar, to say I am impressed is an understatement. You have all quite clearly put a hell of a lot of time, thought and energy. It is so easy to follow, easily labelled tabs, you go to almost any part of the world and watch what is in the air and then clicking on the aircraft provides a great picture, loads of info. Just kicking myself I have not looked at this before, keep up the good work

Comment

1 week ago I started to cover an area of ​​Spain, had long wanted to do but my neighbors would never let me put the antenna that did not like, they said that bothered and to interference with tv, now that I live in the countryside I can do this and much more and I love

Comment

Welcome to the forum polaris, I am fairly new myself to the site, but there are a lot of friendly people on here with a lot of knowledge, it really is an enjoyable site.

Enjoy mate.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X