No announcement yet.

Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unless they have re-programmed the TAAATS system since I left, you cannot have two flights with the same callsign (flight plan) active at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
      It is not an expansion and doesn't just relate to Australia. This will be a global change for Emirates where callsign suffixes exist for many airlines in the busy 'north'. Emirates has so many flights around the world that like many others they need to reduce possibility of confusion.
      It makes sense a 3 number call sign has a limit of 999 flight numbers add 1 letter and 2 numbers and 2574 flight numbers. 2 letters and 1 number and 6084, going right up to full number letter combinations with a potential of 46656 possibilities.
      T-YBBN167 PiRad108

Comment

• Originally posted by PiRad108 View Post
        It makes sense a 3 number call sign has a limit of 999 flight numbers add 1 letter and 2 numbers and 2574 flight numbers. 2 letters and 1 number and 6084, going right up to full number letter combinations with a potential of 46656 possibilities.
        Anything to avoid 4 digit callsigns, they are awful. Even the attempt to change how they are spoken e.g. instead of 4 8 6 2 use forty-eight sixty-two is only a half measure to avoid numeric dyslexia.

Comment

• The HARS Convair is out flying today.

harscnv1.jpgharscnv.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Stealth View Post
            Unless they have re-programmed the TAAATS system since I left, you cannot have two flights with the same callsign (flight plan) active at the same time.
            Still true I think. Many airlines add a few thousand onto the numeric part of the callsign if there are two in the air at the same time eg ACA033 becomes ACA2033 (a real example that occasionally happens on a flight into Oz). However, this can make it very difficult to find the delayed flight even on the airline's own website unless you know the revised callsign in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by airnrail View Post
              Still true I think. Many airlines add a few thousand onto the numeric part of the callsign if there are two in the air at the same time eg ACA033 becomes ACA2033 (a real example that occasionally happens on a flight into Oz). However, this can make it very difficult to find the delayed flight even on the airline's own website unless you know the revised callsign in advance.
              Polair was an issue during implementation, as every state had its own Polair One and they were often in the air at the same time. As an ATC who was also a radio amateur, my proposed solution was to the use the radio prefix for the state e.g. Polair 61 for WA, 21 for NSW etc. One of my better ideas :-)

Comment

• I have a data dump of Aussie feeders that’s some 2-3 years old which includes YJAA and YJSS. I can’t find which airports these codes are/were allocated to. Anyone have any ideas ?

ylis

Comment

• Originally posted by ylis View Post
                  I have a data dump of Aussie feeders that’s some 2-3 years old which includes YJAA and YJSS. I can’t find which airports these codes are/were allocated to. Anyone have any ideas ?
                  Heh, mis associated to jallabad? :P

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by ylis View Post
                    I've occasionally seen Qantas use a callsign such as QF22D and had assumed this is because it was significantly delayed. Would this be right ? I suppose the 'two numbers' in the suffix instead of 'two letters' could allow this to continue and not add to the confusion .... ?
                    D is just stating it is a Q400 (DH8D), where as the Q200/300 has an extra digit and not B (Q200 = DH8B) or C (Q300 = DH8C).

Anyone having random reboots with their FR24 box? Trying to problem solve any and everything simple before going to support. Trying another Ethernet cable to see if that is the cause.
                    Last edited by YSWG; 2018-06-19, 07:46.
                    F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• YSWG:

FR24 Box Rebooting ? as in a different issue to the stats / connection issue fixed yesterday ?

ylis

Comment

• Yeah, the FR24 box itself reboots. Looking at my uptime on the box itself, looks like it rebooted itself again as uptime is 20 minutes (UPTIME: 0 days 00:20:08) yet I changed the Ethernet cable about two hours ago.

Only noticed the issue as the box totally locked up today, in turn looking up my internal Radar Server. RPi is running like a dream (with poor coverage due to a poor DIY antenna that I've yet to replace).
                        F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Originally posted by YSWG View Post
                          Yeah, the FR24 box itself reboots. Looking at my uptime on the box itself, looks like it rebooted itself again as uptime is 20 minutes (UPTIME: 0 days 00:20:08) yet I changed the Ethernet cable about two hours ago.

Only noticed the issue as the box totally locked up today, in turn looking up my internal Radar Server. RPi is running like a dream (with poor coverage due to a poor DIY antenna that I've yet to replace).
                          Radarcape based? Someone just reported similar to the yahoo group
                          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Yeah it is Radarcape based, have had it for around three years IIRC. Just rebooted again! :/ Have logged the issue with support.
                            F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:59 am (PDT) . Posted by:
                              "Koellner Guenter" dl4mea
                              Hi,

first, let me ask how do you detect it has rebooted?

Guenter

Am 18.06.2018 um 14:57 schrieb [ModeSBeast]:
                              >
                              > Of late I have noticed that my radarcape is rebooting arbitrarily. How
                              > can I check what is causing this?
                              Person replied with they were monitoring uptime.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm monitoring via the FR24 box status page.

F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

Working...
                                X