Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground Traffic indicator

@Oblivian on a Pi where do you check and set the Ground Traffic indicator? I am running dump1090mutability 1.15 and feeding FR24

Comment

• So I noticed the low level of traffic around the secondary airports and this lead me to cross checking between
      sites. These two images from different sources were captured this morning, the extra traffic was also seen on
      another site. FR24 could be lacking in coverage in this area? pull the other one.SE Melbourne 1.pngSE Melbourne 2.jpg
      Same thing seems to apply at Bankstown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coxy View Post
        @Oblivian on a Pi where do you check and set the Ground Traffic indicator? I am running dump1090mutability 1.15 and feeding FR24

Sorry, didn't see this previously.

The extra output data on the config page i think, and during startup of the feeder if you watch it manually. Server side switch it seems.

Despite me being 13kms away and getting some ground data, due to the distance it appears to be toggled off for me. Says
        Ground traffic: no

During start.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Great to see Ayrtech has a T feeder station labelled YLHI .... thats one place I'd been pondering how to get some equipment onto Mt Gower and then how to feed the data back to FR24. Well done.

ylis

Comment

• Originally posted by ylis View Post
            Great to see Ayrtech has a T feeder station labelled YLHI .... thats one place I'd been pondering how to get some equipment onto Mt Gower and then how to feed the data back to FR24. Well done.
            Have not seen it but that is great news.

Comment

• Is anyone else in Oz not getting any traffic from FR24, all I'm seeing is a blank map on both desktop and Android?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stealth View Post
                Is anyone else in Oz not getting any traffic from FR24, all I'm seeing is a blank map on both desktop and Android?
                Same here for some time now

Comment

• Originally posted by Stealth View Post
                  Is anyone else in Oz not getting any traffic from FR24, all I'm seeing is a blank map on both desktop and Android?
                  yes, but its horrid in speed in loading, but eventually does. fr24 been rather slow here for some time, I just rely on my local maps to see whats about now days, with planefinder getting same feed off me, using open street map, so no local dark water marked maps on dump1090-mut*, therefor no need to give google my billing detail

Comment

• Seems to be up and running OK now. I also see a HBAL to the NNW of Learmonth.

Comment

Great to see Ayrtech has a T feeder station labelled YLHI .... thats one place I'd been pondering how to get some equipment onto Mt Gower and then how to feed the data back to FR24. Well done.
                      There has been some recent discussion in another thread regarding how feeders are chosen for attribution on FR24. For the most part I think it is a pointless exercise and not worth much mental anguish but nevertheless one can still deduce certain things by looking at feeder codes. I saw T-YLHI1 for the first time today. According to FR24 stats it is up most of the time but has a very limited range - 11km. The pair of Jetstar A320s in the screen shot were certainly further than that from LHI but were also at FL340 and FL350. I also tracked a QantasLink Q200 from Sydney into LHI earlier and after being lost to mainland feeders like F-YPMQ1 it was a dashed line nearly all the way up to LHI when T-YLHI1 picked it up at around FL110 for a few minutes but then reverted to tracked mode as it descended. Interesting because this seems to be a clear cut example of a T feeder alone being used by FR24 to track planes. We have been told many times in the past that there has to also be a F feeder in view for "verification" before a T feeder will be used.LHI_12Oct18.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                        . Interesting because this seems to be a clear cut example of a T feeder alone being used by FR24 to track planes. We have been told many times in the past that there has to also be a F feeder in view for "verification" before a T feeder will be used.[ATTACH=CONFIG]9804[/ATTACH]
                        Only in the sense of MLAT I believe. Where others are used as reference to increase accuracy. But not for primary adsb+GPS data.

Once upon a time my Beast + windows (even with its slow system clock) was flagged as primary for a good chunk of the south island. Now theres so many competing (use to only be 12 or so splattered around but many more F- boxes have been distributed despite the smaller size area) and the 'tweaks' the software seems to get its a rarity. Not terribly phased as long as its contributing at least something to make the community get coverage.
                        Primary role has shifted to alerting me when non commercial or mils are in the airspace for me to go photograph for other like mindeds
                        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Is anyone aware of why the Qld RSCU helo's are using the 5 prefix in their callsign ? instead of the traditional 4. Possibly historical because I recall RSCU500 and RSCU599 being around for many years but as Stealth mentioned some time ago, the other states and 'services' seem to be conforming to the usual callsign format.

ylis

Comment

• They were the VKR (Qld Police) issued "Delta" callsigns... They just carried on from then.
                            ie: Delta500 is Rescue 500.

Comment

Is anyone aware of why the Qld RSCU helo's are using the 5 prefix in their callsign ? instead of the traditional 4. Possibly historical because I recall RSCU500 and RSCU599 being around for many years but as Stealth mentioned some time ago, the other states and 'services' seem to be conforming to the usual callsign format.
                              I'm not sure if the Rescue aircraft were even considered at the time, if I recall correctly WA didn't even have a permanent rescue copter then. The WA ones now use RSCU651 and 652, but I wouldn't know if that is a coincidence or intentional use of the '6' state prefix.

Comment

• Guys see you have a nice new 737 water bomber delivered now Not seen it head out yet however.
                                A Boeing 737 airliner modified for use as a waterbomber is being used to fight bushfires for the first time, as the Rural Fire Service battles to save homes in the Newcastle area.

Queensland has a bit of an issue already. And it's only predicted to get worse like us here

2x Fire air units working the Deepwater

/edit
                                actually it appears to be there on standby, or going to be. https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...137cg#1eac11af
                                Last edited by Oblivian; 2018-11-26, 07:28.

Comment

Working...
                                X