No announcement yet.

Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup, 7am ADST whenthe updater script ran and proceeded to crash.

Manually updated to 1.0.16-7 after reading the various threads and we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Happy New Year everyone.
    T-YSBK22

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaal View Post

Are you running on a Pi? If so what Linux dist? I should be able to help get you going with it. Let me know what is going wrong. I just compiled my own dump1090-mutability to make sure I had the absolute latest when having issues with mlat back feeding to fr24 again when changing settings, but I worked it all out, though it likely means I cannot help with fr24 mlat... But that's life..
      Nah, I run all this stuff on my multimedia file server (HP mini tower server w/Slackware), since all it does is store my backs of CD's, DVD's and digital B.P.M/itunes, serving them over NFS and minidlna the load is 0 so I decided to put it to *some* use to justify Origin Energy's criminally extortive 25c price per Kw/hr

Happy New Year!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ressy View Post
        Nah, I run all this stuff on my multimedia file server (HP mini tower server w/Slackware)
        What model Ressy? a N54L perchance?? what made you go down the slackware route as well?

Cheers
        T-YSBK22

Comment

• Originally posted by rodeo View Post
          What model Ressy? a N54L perchance?? what made you go down the slackware route as well?

Cheers
          LOL its an ml350G4, an antique, but its served me well for many years..

My use of slackware, well, I'm a sys/network admin for 20 odd years, slackwares pretty much whats been used in the ISP's I have worked for, and web hosting stuff as well (strangely, the debian fanboi-ism was never in any place I've been with, either Slackware or RHEL/Centos, or Gentoo), because i was used to it, I use slackware on my home servers, on desktops I used slackware, then at about RH5 I moved desktop to it, but after RH9 I moved back to slackware (mostly because RH lost the plot from RH9 to FC1), as to also why I moved my desktop off slackware, I think it was early day large multimedia suite I used required it, I eventually changed the RPM into a workable tar file to use on slackware so after a while that was moot.

I find Slackware unbreakable, I love how its stays true to form upstream (I mean take bind for example, if it was meant to be in 7-9 mini packages like in debian, ISC would release it that way), which means no butchering or custom hacking, which introduces more risk of failure. Debians claim to have most packages for linux is true - but only because of that! if you break 1 into 7, even someone as shitty at maths as I am can see you have a much larger grand total

BTW, I also use Slackware on my laptop (because I despise gnome 3 and even more so unity).

Some people dont like Slackware because of how it does dependencies, well, I rather know whats going on my system, I like how I can remove a package and install a current package (even though slackware does mostly have current packages even in its updates) and have no fear of some garbage like apt wanting to remove three quarters of my distro

It also does not do releases by mandates, it releases when its time, though there is -current so you can have latest of everything, kinda like opensuse's
          factory, or gentoo, lastly, updates are as or greater than most "enterprise advertised" distros, eg, an update recently for libpng included v13.0 from 2009.

And absolute lastly I've also been bitten distro upgrades from RH and debian and ubuntu over the times, I've never been bitten by slackwares, so reliability, stability, and un-breakability, my only gripe is no gnome. but, since I recently moved my ubuntu laptop partition because of unity, and opensuse's factory because of gnome 3, I took the time to get used to KDE, now , I don't mind it, I can do anything I used to do.

...well, you did ask
          Last edited by Ressy; 2016-01-03, 03:08. Reason: bad typo (we need a bigger edit window LOL)

Comment

Some people dont like Slackware
            Damn straight! I hate slackware! hahaha I use Debian/Ubuntu mostly and centos for cpanel servers... But anyway, have you tried compiling piaware from github source?
            T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

Comment

• And now for a Sunday funny.... Someone forgot to turn off their ADS-B transponder when leaving the AP precinct

van190adsb.png

(YBBN)
              Last edited by bhaal; 2016-01-03, 07:07. Reason: Didn't mention location

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                I see the Heavy lifters and Coulsons are getting their legs stretched

Quite a bit of activity with them in the air
                Relocating aircraft until they're needed, though I think N405LC (L-382G) and N612AX (DC10) will be finishing up in the next few weeks. The CH-47D is currently based in Wagga.
                F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Originally posted by YSWG View Post
                  Relocating aircraft until they're needed, though I think N405LC (L-382G) and N612AX (DC10) will be finishing up in the next few weeks. The CH-47D is currently based in Wagga.
                  I had posted the link at the time to Fr feeds to pick to on as was worldwide news, and particularly full skies at time of posting, but alas. Heap of helis were seen too

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Oblivian; 2016-01-03, 09:46.
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Damn straight! I hate slackware! hahaha I use Debian/Ubuntu mostly and centos for cpanel servers... But anyway, have you tried compiling piaware from github source?

do you know what tar is, do you know what zip is? if so,. you're one up on a lotof debian users (lets face it ubuntu is just debian, I know most their packages are packed by the same people lol and they are all scared and refuse to when I say "Luke! use the source!"

About a year ago I last tried the github code, it still had all this dumb apt dependancy in ./configure, or make... I laughed at them, asked them whos 12yo kid wrote the code They tell me all the debianisation has been removed - maybe one day I'll see how true that is.

Comment

And now for a Sunday funny.... Someone forgot to turn off their ADS-B transponder when leaving the AP precinct

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6814[/ATTACH]

(YBBN)
                      They was just seeing how alert you were lol

Comment

LOL its an ml350G4, an antique, but its served me well for many years..
                        ahh oklies ... I am thinking about setting up a N54L to run ESXi for a couple of VM's (one to run probably xpenology for the NAS side of things and one for debian <cough>)

Originally posted by Ressy View Post
                        ...well, you did ask
                        LOL no worries... gave me something to read whilst having a coffee :-)
                        T-YSBK22

Comment

do you know what tar is, do you know what zip is? if so,. you're one up on a lotof debian users (lets face it ubuntu is just debian, I know most their packages are packed by the same people lol and they are all scared and refuse to when I say "Luke! use the source!"
                          I use Debian/Ubuntu for the convenience more than anything, I don't have to wait for stuff to compile etc etc and a lot of it just works because all the guess work is taken out of it... Doesn't mean I don't know how to do things.. 20yrs of using Linux as my primary OS (for desktop as well as server) has taught me a few things I think, but still, always plenty to learn every day...

Originally posted by Ressy View Post
                          About a year ago I last tried the github code, it still had all this dumb apt dependancy in ./configure, or make... I laughed at them, asked them whos 12yo kid wrote the code They tell me all the debianisation has been removed - maybe one day I'll see how true that is.
                          Please do try again, try compiling the actual PiAware package so that you will be able to enable MLAT, I'd really appreciate another MLAT capable receiver North of my position! Really really!

Comment

• So many new T-YBBN feeders ... Seeing T-YBBN65 !! unless people are turning off old equipment and bring Pi's online or something and losing their old feeder accounts?

Comment

And now for a Sunday funny.... Someone forgot to turn off their ADS-B transponder when leaving the AP precinct

(YBBN)
                              Gotta be quick to see him on his way up to Ocean View ... maybe a service call for comms gear up there?
                              But good news that it looks like you are also sending Ground Vehicle data to FR24 - I didn't have that part of his track in my data store.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kemistry View Post
                                Gotta be quick to see him on his way up to Ocean View ... maybe a service call for comms gear up there?
                                But good news that it looks like you are also sending Ground Vehicle data to FR24 - I didn't have that part of his track in my data store.
                                Actually I watched that track on my local VRS so I have no idea if it showed up on FR24 :/ But I am running the latest .deb of fr24feed on my Pi.. Also, am I right in presuming you are Kem7 on FA? and what feeder for FR24? (Thanks)

Comment

Working...
                                X