Page 1 of 122 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussie Feeders

Aussie Feeders

From the New Feeder Spotted thread:

Quote Originally Posted by fungus View Post
    Btw, I'm running T-YSSY4 up here in Sydney (and with quite a bit of competition but in all honesty the more the better).

We may have to set up a 'Aussie' thread on the forum.
    Regards,
    Gregg
    As I mentioned on the other thread, I'm T-YPPH2 and I'm about 6km from Perth Airport.
    Still running on a window-mount that amazes me with the range I get, and have a Panorama Antennas 1090Mhz ready to go on my 2m mast "Real Soon Now"(tm) - it's replacing an old 2.4GHz grid antenna, so I already have LMR-400 up the mast.

I happened to be chatting last night to a local fellow who it turns out is already running 4 "Beast" ADS-B nodes around the Perth metro area, and is about to add a 5th - I'm convincing him to help feed fr24 in addition to the sites he already feeds.
    - Matt
    T-YPPH2

Matt,
    Thanks for kicking off an aussie thread. I hope we can give it a kick along as time goes on. Also glad to see things are going nicely over in the west.

C'mon Aussies! (Sorry, I couldnt resist that one).

Regards,
    Gregg

Super Moderator
    4 receivers around perth alone? nuts! Busy with the Singapore AF as it is

And more does appear better now too, Ive noticed tracks online appear a lot smoother as if its able to overlap a but more shared data now, which is a good thing

Flight attendant
    Sooooo many feeders in Perth, is there no night life ??? Could do with some help up here in cairns, some times we have 3 but most times its just me (ybcs2)

Quote Originally Posted by sirsteve View Post
    Sooooo many feeders in Perth, is there no night life ??? Could do with some help up here in cairns, some times we have 3 but most times its just me (ybcs2)
    Steve,

I'd love to come up there again (been there twice) and help out. Got a spare room and air con?

Gregg

Sooooo many feeders in Perth, is there no night life ??? (ybcs2)

all the night life taken away by the miners, leaving nothing for the locals ?

Flight attendant
    Any time Fungus... just prior notice required, have to check the calender to see if we have a pagan ceremony and goat sacrifice in that room on the day !!!

Passenger
    Hi all,

Located approx 11 km's NNW from YPAD, Sharing as YPAD3 on FlightRadar24 - Looking forward to seeing MLAT working on FR24 Premium and getting a decent base antenna.

Regards Sean

Any time Fungus... just prior notice required, have to check the calender to see if we have a pagan ceremony and goat sacrifice in that room on the day !!!
    thx steve i'm already half packed.

Gregg

Quote Originally Posted by YPAD View Post
    Hi all,

Located approx 11 km's NNW from YPAD, Sharing as YPAD3 on FlightRadar24 - Looking forward to seeing MLAT working on FR24 Premium and getting a decent base antenna.

Regards Sean
    g'day Sean,

Out in the western 'burbs of Sydney here. I'm looking forward to all the advances over the next few years. If it's anything like the past few it's going to be very interesting and exciting on FR24. I'm also looking at getting my antenna back up after a storm blew it down last year. My old discone is a poor substitute for the 1090SJ.

Regards,
    Gregg