X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Amper View Post
    Hi,

Be assured that your data is used and important to fr24.com

Given the comments on many threads, that statement is a joke. I dont need to elaborate here any further, I'm sure you've seen enough of us have our say on whats wrong with this place on many many many other threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kpin View Post
      @YARM.ARMIDALE

Maybe turn your attention to the feeder statistics http://www.flightradar24.com/share-statistics

You are currently number 133 in Australia. Maybe focus on improving that.

And as Amper says; You are vital to the MLAT which requires 3-4 feeders to resolve a position but none of them will ever be 'credited'
      Given great many feeders dont use the current stats providing version, they would likely be a lot further down than 133.

Comment

• A big thank you to Amper, Oblivian & Kpin.

That was exactly the encouragement I needed. So yes, at #113, it's not doing too bad and take on board all comments by each of you.

I was not even aware that the share-stats page existed so thank you!

Of the stations which I see mentioned in this region, Rocky River (Armidale) (#151), Tamworth (#64), Port Macquarie (actually Kempsey) (#156), Toowoomba (#43), Inverell (#179), Coffs Harbour (#152), Gold Coast (#35), Coonabarabran (#154), Nambucca Heads (#208) and Ballina (#31)

I can well see how the ranking is calculated and will certainly concentrate on the "uptime" mostly as I did not realise this would impact so much. "Max Range" has been taken out to best ability - the topography of the area prevents more than 75nm south but as far as west, north and east is concerned a range of 215nm is about what could be expected.

Thank you again - let's see if the ranking can improve.....
        Host of: FlightRadar24 F-YARM1,2,3 and T-YARM3,5 and FlightAware Sites #12042 and #39479 as well as Radarbox24 Site #PGANRB300831 and Planefinder Site #93858 with RPi running LiveATC all listed as yarmarmidale

Comment

• You won't see it here

US Navy P8 Poseiden 168435 C/S Talon 72 is operating off the NSW coast probably with RAN.

Sadly you will not see it here

Comment

• Hi there

I am only about 4nm from YSSY and receive the ground vehicles. Unfortunately the FR24 software does not work currently with SBS3 so I am waiting for a fix from FR24 and then will be able to share again.

Cheers
            Mark

Comment

• Sounds good. FR24 staff have assured me via email that the FR24 software still supports ground vehicles.

Comment

• Well what do you know. Ground vehicles have started to plot at both YBBN and YSSY. But funny they are from F- feeders. Never seen before. Looks like someone at FR24 is working on this problem at last. No sign of them in latest feeder software for T- feeders but.

Comment

• I'm not sure that they have started again. I saw one vehicle yesterday and that was it. Today there are none. Previously there were always lots of vehicles. See attached screenshot of YSSY from 11 Dec 2014 showing 8 ground vehicles.

ground vehicles yssy dec 2014.jpg

Comment

• Ground vehicles popping up all over Europe today. All data seems from F- feeders only (except the old Amsterdam T- feeder). Looks like changes are in the wind. Hopefully the next T- feeder software will enable the return of this feature.

Update: Looks like T-EHAM53 is being overtaken by F- feeders at Amsterdam.
                    Last edited by Kemistry; 2015-12-01, 23:05.

Comment

• planefinder.net currently showing ten ground vehicles at YSSY, FR24 showing zero.

Comment

• You have to be patient with progress on this one. More and more are appearing in Europe from F- feeders. At YBBN the local F- feeder can only see them at the southern end of the field. I suspect the same issue at YSSY where a nearby F- feeder can only receive messages for part of the entire airfield. You have to be lucky to see one. If they release a version for T- feeders (eg Rpi) you will get a heap more.

Comment

• Is there a thread that explains the difference between F and T please? (I have been considering buying a cheap USB receiver).

Comment

• Don't think there is an official explanation but this is latest thread that corresponds to my understanding (but you never can tell):
                            All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

If you get and setup your own receiver it will likely be registered as a T- feeder.
                            If your site is close enough to YSSY you won't then need FR24 because you will have display of the ground vehicles yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by pmolsen View Post
                              Is there a thread that explains the difference between F and T please?.
                              There has been a few posts in different threads. F = FR24 box (Radarcape based) and T = Raspberry Pi [RPi], PC, Android phone using the USB dongle.

I operate both F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2 (RPi 2 Model B), F picks up further but is also more stable with the signals from aircraft and T is about 20% less with what it picks up and not as stable (since we are asking a lot for a USB stick, software and DIY antenna).

Range of F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2 with VRS. T has some spikes which I've yet to remove (unsure why it happened when I had measures to prevent such spikes)
                              F-YSWG1.pngT-YSWG2.png
                              Last edited by YSWG; 2015-12-11, 10:07.
                              F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• I have started sharing my Data Feeds using a small program mostly because there are just so many feeders already in my area and found it works just perfect :-)

If you would like to know more about Data Sharing please send me a PM or email me at james (at) tjharris.id.au

Comment

Working...
                                X