Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ylis View Post

I'm happy to stop the infrequent updates of new Aussie feeders to this forum - I just thought people might be interested.

Cheers
    Please continue. I might give you hand from time to time. I don't think we are are the only ones with an interest in this aspect of FR24. There used to a be global thread for notifications but I can't recall its title and I don't think I've seen it for a long time. At least once I contributed a list of all the visible feeders in Oz but I've seen little point in continuing that in more recent times. I also don't watch the capital cities very intensively any more because there are just too many feeders and certainly enough to guarantee coverage at all times. By way of contrast, there was time a few years ago when there was no ground coverage at MEL.

Comment

• Currently an HBAL invasion, counting 15 or more across Australia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stealth View Post
        Currently an HBAL invasion, counting 15 or more across Australia.
        Crikey. And a few appear to have come a long way. Wonder where the release point was
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Answered own question using google time search

Kenya last month and abroad. (one a couple of weeks ago from south america)

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• HBAL001 is in a group NW of Alice Springs

Comment

• There's been a few floating around over WA / SA / NT for the last month or so but nothing like this swarm. Earth Nullschool is showing strong high altitude winds

ylis

Comment

• Certainly a lot of Loons around right now and while looking at them over WA I noticed a new feeder (for me anyway) at Laverton. It is F-YLTN1 and seems to be picking up a few aircraft. Laverton is north east of Kalgoorlie and has an airport marker on FR24.

Comment

• Or last invasion caused UFO sightings, right on dusk they light up like bulbs as the sky darkens and they're still in Sun

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Was anyone been recorded as 'off line' any time yesterday (14 May)? There is a gap in my timeline from 0727-0930 GMT, yet the log shows everything was feeding OK. No NBN interruptions or other reason for it on my side. Doesn't happen a lot, but it's annoying when it does as it affects the stats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stealth View Post
                      Was anyone been recorded as 'off line' any time yesterday (14 May)? There is a gap in my timeline from 0727-0930 GMT, yet the log shows everything was feeding OK. No NBN interruptions or other reason for it on my side. Doesn't happen a lot, but it's annoying when it does as it affects the stats.
                      Perhaps timed to them bumping the business accts (windows feeders offline) forward a month

froffline.JPG

Comment

• You could be right. Although this was not as bad as the long downtime when their still undisclosed server problem occurred.

interrupt.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                          Or last invasion caused UFO sightings, right on dusk they light up like bulbs as the sky darkens and they're still in Sun

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
                          Oblivian you'll appreciate this one. Where I live , ANZ281 (B789 daily SIN to AKL) often passes close to the town around dusk. At this time of year it is often emitting a magnificent contrail enabling a glowing arc to be seen low in the western sky long before it is actually overhead. Every year it produces at least one letter to the local paper suggesting (hoping?) that it might be a UFO.

Comment

• Interesting that some feeders were offline for a single 2 hour period and others were off for two 2 hour periods with a few minutes 'online' in between.

ylis

Comment

... off for two 2 hour periods with a few minutes 'online' in between.
                              Even stranger ... placed my cursor over the online block to see how long it was on for .... must have been a west to east flight where time travels backwards !

fr24 time travel.jpg

ylis

Comment

Interesting that some feeders were offline for a single 2 hour period and others were off for two 2 hour periods with a few minutes 'online' in between.
                                2 hours and 3 minutes in my case, with the 3 mins at the start i.e. 0727

Comment

Working...
                                X