No announcement yet.

Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A blast from the past ... saw T-YBHI1 active this morning.

ylis

Comment

• Originally posted by ylis View Post
      A blast from the past ... saw T-YBHI1 active this morning.
      Geez yeah must have been gone for a couple of years now. I just spotted it too. It used to be hosted by a guy with the moniker fIL who had a couple of other feeders around northern NSW/Gold Coast area - long way from Broken Hill I know. He sometimes commented on these forums.

Comment

• Geelong radar

Hi mate, that’s me with f-yglg1. Its set up on top of the hill in bell post hill, pretty good view of Avalon....
        Having trouble with radar view though. I’ve never been able to get it to work? Anyone have any ideas

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
        New feeder at Geelong Airport?

Noticed today there is a new FR24 feeder with the code F-YGLG1. Victorian spotters might know differently but I don't think Geelong airport any longer exists and therefore YGLG is probably not a valid airport code. I guess it's not much different to T-YPOR1 for Portland which I think should be T-YPOD1. Anyway welcome and well done to the feeder who is hosting F-YGLG1.

Comment

• Having trouble with radar view though. I’ve never been able to get it to work?
          I assume its one of the new model Radarcapes ... ? And what do you mean by having trouble with radar view ? Logging into the Radarcape to view the aircraft table or map view ?

ylis

Comment

• Six new airports have appeared in the FR24 statistics during February and March this year - at Griffith NSW, Hamilton Vic, Mount Gunson SA, Narracoote SA, Halls Creek WA and Southern Cross WA.

The stats show there are 749 feeders using 161 airport codes - maybe there are others who aren't appearing in the statistics ....

ylis

Comment

• Only one new airport has appeared in the FR24 statistics during April this year - at Blackwater Qld

The stats show there are currently 764 Aussie feeders using 163 airport codes - there are others who for some reason or another, aren't appearing in the statistics ....

ylis

Comment

• Originally posted by ylis View Post
                Only one new airport has appeared in the FR24 statistics during April this year - at Blackwater Qld

The stats show there are currently 764 Aussie feeders using 163 airport codes - there are others who for some reason or another, aren't appearing in the statistics ....
                What is the significance of this? FR24 statistics seem to be of a mystery anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stealth View Post
                  What is the significance of this? FR24 statistics seem to be of a mystery anyway.
                  YLIS will no doubt reply but I don't think it's a discussion about stats. Like myself, YLIS seems to have an interest in feeders: where they are, how many etc etc and makes the very valid point that there are feeders that show up on FR24 that do not appear on the list of feeders available in stats. Your point about the stats being a bit of a mystery is also fair comment. Unless you are interested in feeders this will be useless info but of those 760 odd feeders in Australia less than 260 of them actually get credited on the screen in any given 30 day period. The rest are allegedly contributing to the overall picture but just not fast enough to find the planes first.

Comment

• According to the global sharer stats I am in the top 5 of feeders in Perth and surrounding areas, but I have yet to see my ID show up. I know this debate has been running for a long time and the last response I saw from FR24 ties in with my view. Which is that its randomly generated from a fixed list according to distance from defined locations and actually has nothing to do with where the feed on that aircraft is coming from. Not that I'm cynical .....

EDIT: Just to prove me wrong, my ID popped up in tracking this arvo.
                    Last edited by Stealth; 2019-05-03, 08:59.

Comment

EDIT: Just to prove me wrong, my ID popped up in tracking this arvo.
                      All the Oz capitals except Hobart and Darwin have a large number of FR24 feeders but a small group in each city get most of the credit and they tend to be F feeders with just a few T feeders that have mostly been around for a long time. It is interesting to observe what happens when there are wide spread blackouts in one of these cities thus knocking out multiple feeders. Feeders not normally seen, mostly T type, start appearing. This seems to support the FR24 contention that the displayed feeder is randomly selected from those that are actually seeing the aircraft at a particular point in time time. Perhaps a couple of dominant feeders dropped out in Perth thus giving your setup a rare opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                        All the Oz capitals except Hobart and Darwin have a large number of FR24 feeders but a small group in each city get most of the credit and they tend to be F feeders with just a few T feeders that have mostly been around for a long time. It is interesting to observe what happens when there are wide spread blackouts in one of these cities thus knocking out multiple feeders. Feeders not normally seen, mostly T type, start appearing. This seems to support the FR24 contention that the displayed feeder is randomly selected from those that are actually seeing the aircraft at a particular point in time time. Perhaps a couple of dominant feeders dropped out in Perth thus giving your setup a rare opportunity.
                        According to the global share stats I am one of the top 'dominant' Perth feeders, of course that is purely calculated on uptime and max/average range. I just sampled a few aircraft and there is a dominance of one F feeder, also of interest though is that two targets are not within his currently reported coverage as shown on on his stats page. That could be a data display lag I suppose.

EDIT: Here's an odd one. F-YMDN1 is being shown tracking one aircraft, presumably that is Merriden way out to the East of Perth. Enter that ID in the feeder list and its location will show as Indonesia.
                        Last edited by Stealth; 2019-05-05, 05:15. Reason: Added content

Comment

EDIT: Here's an odd one. F-YMDN1 is being shown tracking one aircraft, presumably that is Merriden way out to the East of Perth. Enter that ID in the feeder list and its location will show as Indonesia.
                          I've sorted the Global Stats by County and Feeder ID Code and it seems you have found the only Y prefix feeder code not listed as Australia . All the others are correctly recorded. A few years ago, there were 5 or 6 international feeder codes listed as Australia but these have since been corrected.

In regards your earlier reply, Airnrail's response is pretty close to the mark and it seems we are pretty much on the same wavelength. There's at least one WA feeder who's ID regularly appears but isn't listed in the global statistics or in Patrick's webpage. Maybe there are others.

I started identifying where the airports were based on the feeders ID (but thats not a true indicator of where they might actually be) to see where additional feeder stations could be located as I'm interested in constructing and configuring remote equipment.

I'm happy to stop the infrequent updates of new Aussie feeders to this forum - I just thought people might be interested.

Cheers

ylis

Comment

• Not sure if you are aware, but this if 'off' by default. And every change they make, it goes back to off.

fr24sharing.JPG

Chances are 30%+ of feeders don't realise it.
                            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                              Not sure if you are aware, but this if 'off' by default. And every change they make, it goes back to off.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10561[/ATTACH]

Chances are 30%+ of feeders don't realise it.
                              It seems to go on and off at random. Some weeks every day, other times it seem to stay for a week or more.

Comment

It seems to go on and off at random. Some weeks every day, other times it seem to stay for a week or more.
                                Just as long as you are aware. As the stats the other chap pulls are scraped from those public pages. So will likely be as fluid.
                                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
                                X