Page 99 of 128 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussie Feeders

Purser
    And now for a Sunday funny.... Someone forgot to turn off their ADS-B transponder when leaving the AP precinct

van190adsb.png

(YBBN)
    Last edited by bhaal; 2016-01-03 at 07:07. Reason: Didn't mention location
    T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    I see the Heavy lifters and Coulsons are getting their legs stretched

http://fr24.com/BDOG376/868e1eb

Quite a bit of activity with them in the air
    Relocating aircraft until they're needed, though I think N405LC (L-382G) and N612AX (DC10) will be finishing up in the next few weeks. The CH-47D is currently based in Wagga.
    F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by YSWG View Post
    Relocating aircraft until they're needed, though I think N405LC (L-382G) and N612AX (DC10) will be finishing up in the next few weeks. The CH-47D is currently based in Wagga.
    I had posted the link at the time to Fr feeds to pick to on as was worldwide news, and particularly full skies at time of posting, but alas. Heap of helis were seen too

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2016-01-03 at 09:46.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by bhaal View Post
    Damn straight! I hate slackware! hahaha I use Debian/Ubuntu mostly and centos for cpanel servers... But anyway, have you tried compiling piaware from github source?

do you know what tar is, do you know what zip is? if so,. you're one up on a lotof debian users (lets face it ubuntu is just debian, I know most their packages are packed by the same people lol and they are all scared and refuse to when I say "Luke! use the source!"

About a year ago I last tried the github code, it still had all this dumb apt dependancy in ./configure, or make... I laughed at them, asked them whos 12yo kid wrote the code They tell me all the debianisation has been removed - maybe one day I'll see how true that is.

First officer
    And now for a Sunday funny.... Someone forgot to turn off their ADS-B transponder when leaving the AP precinct

van190adsb.png

(YBBN)
    They was just seeing how alert you were lol

Flight attendant
    Quote Originally Posted by Ressy View Post
    LOL its an ml350G4, an antique, but its served me well for many years..
    ahh oklies ... I am thinking about setting up a N54L to run ESXi for a couple of VM's (one to run probably xpenology for the NAS side of things and one for debian <cough>)

...well, you did ask
    LOL no worries... gave me something to read whilst having a coffee :-)
    T-YSBK22

Purser

do you know what tar is, do you know what zip is? if so,. you're one up on a lotof debian users (lets face it ubuntu is just debian, I know most their packages are packed by the same people lol and they are all scared and refuse to when I say "Luke! use the source!"
    I use Debian/Ubuntu for the convenience more than anything, I don't have to wait for stuff to compile etc etc and a lot of it just works because all the guess work is taken out of it... Doesn't mean I don't know how to do things.. 20yrs of using Linux as my primary OS (for desktop as well as server) has taught me a few things I think, but still, always plenty to learn every day...

About a year ago I last tried the github code, it still had all this dumb apt dependancy in ./configure, or make... I laughed at them, asked them whos 12yo kid wrote the code They tell me all the debianisation has been removed - maybe one day I'll see how true that is.
    Please do try again, try compiling the actual PiAware package so that you will be able to enable MLAT, I'd really appreciate another MLAT capable receiver North of my position! Really really!

Purser
    So many new T-YBBN feeders ... Seeing T-YBBN65 !! unless people are turning off old equipment and bring Pi's online or something and losing their old feeder accounts?

Flight attendant

(YBBN)
    Gotta be quick to see him on his way up to Ocean View ... maybe a service call for comms gear up there?
    But good news that it looks like you are also sending Ground Vehicle data to FR24 - I didn't have that part of his track in my data store.

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemistry View Post
    Gotta be quick to see him on his way up to Ocean View ... maybe a service call for comms gear up there?
    But good news that it looks like you are also sending Ground Vehicle data to FR24 - I didn't have that part of his track in my data store.
    Actually I watched that track on my local VRS so I have no idea if it showed up on FR24 :/ But I am running the latest .deb of fr24feed on my Pi.. Also, am I right in presuming you are Kem7 on FA? and what feeder for FR24? (Thanks)