Page 98 of 128 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussie Feeders

Super Moderator
    I see the Heavy lifters and Coulsons are getting their legs stretched

http://fr24.com/BDOG376/868e1eb

Quite a bit of activity with them in the air
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2015-12-31 at 05:14.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Flight attendant
    It appears YSBK22 has been AWOL since the 14th and I haven't realised it. Haven't worked out yet was caused the feed to fail considering its been rock solid previously. My parallel FA feed didn't suffer so it wasn't something dump1090 related, just a failure of the FR24 feeder.

Back feeding again after a service restart.

Would have been nice to know it had failed ......(ala FA's auto email.....)
    T-YSBK22

Super Moderator
    May have done its auto-update or suffered the 7amUTC failure others have seen recently.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by rodeo View Post
    It appears YSBK22 has been AWOL since the 14th and I haven't realised it. Haven't worked out yet was caused the feed to fail considering its been rock solid previously. My parallel FA feed didn't suffer so it wasn't something dump1090 related, just a failure of the FR24 feeder.

Back feeding again after a service restart.

Would have been nice to know it had failed ......(ala FA's auto email.....)
    Yeah, FR24 have a new version, you need to upgrade, I am pretty sure it's FR24 saying "upgrade" by making the fr24feed client shutdown every morning at 7am... After a couple of days of it happening here I did an update and all has been fine since..
    T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    May have done its auto-update or suffered the 7amUTC failure others have seen recently.
    I think it was 7am local, because that's the time mine shutdown every morning...

Flight attendant
    Yup, 7am ADST whenthe updater script ran and proceeded to crash.

Manually updated to 1.0.16-7 after reading the various threads and we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Happy New Year everyone.
    T-YSBK22

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by bhaal View Post

Are you running on a Pi? If so what Linux dist? I should be able to help get you going with it. Let me know what is going wrong. I just compiled my own dump1090-mutability to make sure I had the absolute latest when having issues with mlat back feeding to fr24 again when changing settings, but I worked it all out, though it likely means I cannot help with fr24 mlat... But that's life..
    Nah, I run all this stuff on my multimedia file server (HP mini tower server w/Slackware), since all it does is store my backs of CD's, DVD's and digital B.P.M/itunes, serving them over NFS and minidlna the load is 0 so I decided to put it to *some* use to justify Origin Energy's criminally extortive 25c price per Kw/hr

Happy New Year!

Flight attendant
    Quote Originally Posted by Ressy View Post
    Nah, I run all this stuff on my multimedia file server (HP mini tower server w/Slackware)
    What model Ressy? a N54L perchance?? what made you go down the slackware route as well?

Cheers
    T-YSBK22

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by rodeo View Post
    What model Ressy? a N54L perchance?? what made you go down the slackware route as well?

Cheers
    LOL its an ml350G4, an antique, but its served me well for many years..

My use of slackware, well, I'm a sys/network admin for 20 odd years, slackwares pretty much whats been used in the ISP's I have worked for, and web hosting stuff as well (strangely, the debian fanboi-ism was never in any place I've been with, either Slackware or RHEL/Centos, or Gentoo), because i was used to it, I use slackware on my home servers, on desktops I used slackware, then at about RH5 I moved desktop to it, but after RH9 I moved back to slackware (mostly because RH lost the plot from RH9 to FC1), as to also why I moved my desktop off slackware, I think it was early day large multimedia suite I used required it, I eventually changed the RPM into a workable tar file to use on slackware so after a while that was moot.

I find Slackware unbreakable, I love how its stays true to form upstream (I mean take bind for example, if it was meant to be in 7-9 mini packages like in debian, ISC would release it that way), which means no butchering or custom hacking, which introduces more risk of failure. Debians claim to have most packages for linux is true - but only because of that! if you break 1 into 7, even someone as shitty at maths as I am can see you have a much larger grand total

BTW, I also use Slackware on my laptop (because I despise gnome 3 and even more so unity).

Some people dont like Slackware because of how it does dependencies, well, I rather know whats going on my system, I like how I can remove a package and install a current package (even though slackware does mostly have current packages even in its updates) and have no fear of some garbage like apt wanting to remove three quarters of my distro

It also does not do releases by mandates, it releases when its time, though there is -current so you can have latest of everything, kinda like opensuse's
    factory, or gentoo, lastly, updates are as or greater than most "enterprise advertised" distros, eg, an update recently for libpng included v13.0 from 2009.

And absolute lastly I've also been bitten distro upgrades from RH and debian and ubuntu over the times, I've never been bitten by slackwares, so reliability, stability, and un-breakability, my only gripe is no gnome. but, since I recently moved my ubuntu laptop partition because of unity, and opensuse's factory because of gnome 3, I took the time to get used to KDE, now , I don't mind it, I can do anything I used to do.

...well, you did ask
    Last edited by Ressy; 2016-01-03 at 03:08. Reason: bad typo (we need a bigger edit window LOL)

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by Ressy View Post
    Some people dont like Slackware
    Damn straight! I hate slackware! hahaha I use Debian/Ubuntu mostly and centos for cpanel servers... But anyway, have you tried compiling piaware from github source?