Page 76 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussie Feeders

First officer
    F-YSWG1 is offline due to a internet outage, which has also affected the back-up 4G connection.

The issue also looks to be NSW wide, using the Telstra network.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by il View Post
    Hello,

I'm Phil from Tamworth... Some veterans may remember me, i been around for some time.

I'm responsible for T-YSTW2, T-YSTW3, T-YBCG7 and T-YBHI2

Just wanted to let you know that I have now upgraded my feeder equipment to Radarcape hardware.

All these feeders are MLAT capable and have all been MLAT activated.

I am planning on purchasing several more Radarcape hardware (the retail version of FR24 hardware) in the next few weeks. Would any Australian based feeders like to get in on a volume discounted "bulk buy"?

Cheers...il
    Hi Phil,
    Nigel here in Armidale
    How did you go with these?
    Regards,
    F-YARM1

Captain
    N130FF C-130 Fire Tanker left Australia this week.
    It will be landing in Hawaii today.

Captain
    The other fire tanker left Australia for United States.

N355AC (Tanker162/BMBR391)

First officer
    The two aircraft were on display on the second last day (not sure about Sunday) of the Australian International Airshow at Avalon. They remained at a hanger (former Qantas maintenance base) near ex VH-EBU (Nalanji Dreaming, though now all blue but the red tail remains) during the Trade Days and the Friday (half trade and the other half is public).

Have my Raspberry Pi 2, though need to try and find away on getting VRS to work with mono on Raspbian. Looking at feeding to FR24 with the original T-YSWG2 code.

First officer
    T-YSWG2 is back after almost a year hiatus. Antenna is in the same location but range is a lot less then the FR24 box (F-YSWG1).

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by YSWG View Post
    T-YSWG2 is back after almost a year hiatus. Antenna is in the same location but range is a lot less then the FR24 box (F-YSWG1).
    if its at the same location, why run both ?
    if the fr24 box is Doa, thats to be expected unless you install a preamp, preferably at the antenna itself for maximium signal amplification and minimal noise amplification.

First officer
    My plan is to move the Pi closer to the airport (no set timeline though). Yes, it seems pointless in running both the Pi and FR24 box but there is a back-up if the FR24 box ever has a hiccup (running smooth *touch wood*).

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by YSWG View Post
    My plan is to move the Pi closer to the airport (no set timeline though). Yes, it seems pointless in running both the Pi and FR24 box but there is a back-up if the FR24 box ever has a hiccup (running smooth *touch wood*).
    It isn't pointless. Quite a few feeders have a Rpi + dongle setup as backup if something happens to the kit, usually the receiver's LAN port which seems prone to static damage.

Flight attendant
    Hi all,

A newbie here although have been using FR24 for a bit over 12 months now.

I'm located near Parramatta in western Sydney and am just wondering if its worth me applying for a rx setup from FR? Unfortunately, the RPi that I was in the process of setting up (to do a T feed) got nuked about 3 weeks ago due to lightning... they say lightning does wierd things - well this is a case of it. It was a damn close strike and oddly the only things I lost (apart from the RPi and an EtherTen Arduino board) was the ethernet port on anything that had an active ethernet port !!! My router lost 3 out of 4 ports, wireless AP lost its port, as did my TV - the TV is fine apart from that.

Cheers,
    Andrew