Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by airnrail View Post
    G'day NetRanger. I can see why you might have thought you'd get a YBCG code as I just picked you up for the first time latched onto VOZ527 , off Kingscliffe at about 7000ft heading into OOL. Hope you get great results where you are. Cheers.
    Hi airnrail,lol,im also a flight aware feeder and not used to seeing the radar code.The guy who has ybbn1 has fantastic range,must be high up .

Comment

• Australian counterparts.

I have a beast, and 18-9 feeder. And just noticed something interesting, hope someone can confirm with me

Tapping into the raw output feed for planeplotter and such, all of a sudden my military aircraft do not show altitude via the feeder raw out, I've confirmed this by tapping direct to serial and can again see it. Clearly others are too as MLAT still works with the RNZAF C130s. But I want to isolate being a server side thing, or 18-9 playing silly buggers (short of downgrading version)

/edit and as I say that, a few restarts later and its away again. What the...
      For how long is to be seen
      Last edited by Oblivian; 2017-10-12, 20:17.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Hi and welcome Netranger.

I noticed your feed for the first time today whilst watching the skydive C208 descending at Tyagarah.

I am F-YBNA1. I'm about 1.5km south from Ballina airport, right next to Ballina Fair Shops. My aerial is on my roof, on a 6 metre pole. As you noticed I get quite good coverage to the SE from here, dead flat land between my location and the coast for 40km south of me. When viewing what my feed is picking up on plane plotter, I can see for about 250nm in all directions except to the NW.

Again welcome to the feed, we should get a lot more lower down from Byron to Tweed now.

Lancair
        F-YBNA2

Comment

• HI all,

Well its been fun, just replaced the PWR supply and hopefully am back on the Radar (so to speak) I'm F-YPTN1 Located in Cossack (Near Katherine NT) .

Hopefully in a few weks another reciever will be activated in Katherine,

Regards

Comment

• Hi Lancair70 and Netranger - I'm YLIS. Any interest in meeting sometime for a coffee and a chat ?? Say .... at Bangalow

ylis

Comment

• Hi YPTN - Tenant Creek has been offline for quite some time leaving quite a large hole in FR24 coverage. Any contacts in that area who might be interested in hosting a receiver ?

Regards

ylis

Comment

• Originally posted by F-YPTN1 View Post
                HI all,

Well its been fun, just replaced the PWR supply and hopefully am back on the Radar (so to speak) I'm F-YPTN1 Located in Cossack (Near Katherine NT) .

Hopefully in a few weks another reciever will be activated in Katherine,

Regards
                Well done. There are always gaps in the NT coverage.

Comment

• For the north east NSW and south east Queensland feeders, I have just activated T-YEVD1 at Evans Head. Not sure if this will remain in position permanently (or maybe move to a better location) but it was installed primarily for the Great Eastern Fly In ( see http://www.greateasternflyin.com ) this weekend for ground and low level aircraft traffic to see whats about - if anything.

Coverage favours the northern arc from South-west to East.

Cheers

Peter

ylis

Comment

• Wow, this thread slowed down a little!

Hi NetRanger, welcome to the thread and feeding, hope all is going well.

T/F-YBBN1 is run by Kemistry, he occasionally pops his head in here, though I've noticed lately that his PiAware feeder seems to have some stability issues?

After a long absence due to a house move (to a much better locations in the same suburb), I've been able to get my feed going again, it's T-YBBN50.. My next project which will hopefully improve things slightly is to shorten my coax by putting the FA ProStick Plus dongle on a USB extension and upgrade from the old Pi B+ to a Pi3 .. I keep buying Pi3's then either selling as part of other jobs or finding other uses for them before I remember why I bought them

Anyway Happy New Year etc! I hope all us Aussie feeders + Oblivion are doing well etc. Take care!

Regards,
                    Cameron
                    Last edited by bhaal; 2018-02-14, 04:13. Reason: A brainfart occured
                    T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

Comment

• My grumpy "for the love of it look for answers before posting" persona when the feeder pooped itself probably scared them all off like everyone else

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Hahah Yep, it's all your fault Oblivian! You ready to be blown away by Gita? Assuming she is still heading towards NZ?
                        T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

Comment

• Yes, I've been rather quiet here, FA and on the Faceache group as well.

T-YSBK22 has been chugging along without any issues (apart from the leak in my antenna a while ago) so I haven't really been looking at these forums much. In amongst working, running around after the kids with their activities (soccer etc) and a few other things, I haven't had much time to play with anything. Its sort of coming to a head though, as I need to replace my desktop PC as it's an old XP machine plus replace my file server.... lot alone doing things I *should* be doing like paint the house :-/

Cheers,

Andrew
                          T-YSBK22

Comment

• Here's a question for the 'over-Easters', do you have as many old Fokkers operating in various fleets as we have in WA?

Supplementary question to all, do you find that an occasional one is very limited in ADS-B signal?

Cheers,
                            Ian on the Darling Scarp

Comment

• zip. We did have F27s doing freight runs but they are all headed to you

We get some of yours at times too, FK50 (-FKO) does tour group runs and when that is out the upgraded 70/100s from Alliance

The latter do show up at times. Possibly only MLAT

Comment

• I haven't seen any 27 or 50s for a while, I was mainly thinking of the loads of 100 series with Qantas (and associates), Virgin etc. Can't see them getting a Mode S exemption. Its not just me, as I saw another Planeplotter uploader that also struggled to track the same one. A day or so ago there were three outbound on the same SID, I got good tracking from 1 and 3, but the middle one was effectively invisible to me, although showing on FR24. Only seems to happen with F100s.

Comment

Working...
                                X