No announcement yet.

Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for your info...I too had problems with my data not showing on FR24 map. I contacted support and they didn't have an immediate fix, and were to forward it on to the technical dept. In the meantime I created a new feeder account, and my data was displaying within 30 secs. So I don't use the old feeder anymore. Its that simple to fix...for me anyhow
    Mike

Old feed....T-YWYY New feed T-YWYY2
    Burnie Tas

Comment

• Originally posted by YWYY View Post
      Just for your info...I too had problems with my data not showing on FR24 map. I contacted support and they didn't have an immediate fix, and were to forward it on to the technical dept. In the meantime I created a new feeder account, and my data was displaying within 30 secs. So I don't use the old feeder anymore. Its that simple to fix...for me anyhow
      Mike

Old feed....T-YWYY New feed T-YWYY2
      Burnie Tas
      Dunno why they sent it on to anyone Mike has made it very clear multiple times, your T feeds need to supported by other feeds before they will accept and use the data - IOW, they do not trust us, but thats OK, there are other adsb sites out there just like fr24, that *DO* trust our data, as a few others have said now, so we are happy to feed them, but until fr24 gets over its ego trip, we are not happy to feed them anymore.

Comment

Just for your info...I too had problems with my data not showing on FR24 map. I contacted support and they didn't have an immediate fix, and were to forward it on to the technical dept. In the meantime I created a new feeder account, and my data was displaying within 30 secs. So I don't use the old feeder anymore. Its that simple to fix...for me anyhow
        How bloody incredible and just another pointer to how poorly some aspects of FR24 are implemented. I don't feed, I am a plane spotter with an interest in the Australian feeders, where they are and what they do, and keep track of them even though FR24 think that anyone who does so is an idiot. I have you listed as running a Radarbox which is essentially the same thing as the FR24 box. If so you're as good as an F type feeder including the ability to contribute to MLAT but still officially you're just a hacker with a Raspberry Pi and a coat hanger on the roof. No offence intended to any T feeder because they are generally the ones still providing coverage when lightning knocks out the F feeders - sadly the only chance some of them get at recognition. Some of the guys with the home made setups appear to me to be experts in radio and antennae construction and operate some of the best feeders in the country. I have a lot of time for the T feeders who have put their own dollars into their setup, however modest, and just keep going. Thanks to each and every one of you.

Comment

• Further evidence something's amiss, by deliberate policy of multi feeders - or - all feeders all of a sudden decided to not feed.
          There are currently 21 aircraft, including several dedicated rescue choppers and aerorescue aus fixed wings operating in the search for the missing light aircraft in SEQ , nothing showing up.. this is taken at midday

r431.png

I know they didnt all land, and I know 5 of those aircraft *are* adsb capable. Rescue 431 (the command aircraft) appears occasionally on fr24 then vanishes - I guess because only a single feeder sees them since they are down to FL140 at times.

Comment

• Seems my post was misinterpreted as a complaint.....not so. It was just info on how to fix a feeder not showing on the FR24 map. Just create a new one!!
            I have an Airnav radarbox that I use sometimes, also a Raspberry pi with Dump1090. I have just added co-phased 8 element beams and a rotator to the Pi so I am able to concentrate my signal to a specific area, when others around here aren't able to see low altitude aircraft. That's the only time my data is used. There are F-xxxx receivers around here and they DO take precedence. I also find when using the radarbox that military aircraft are not shared to fr24. Must be built into the receiver somehow. When sharing with the Pi all military aircraft are displayed on FR24
            Mike

Comment

Seems my post was misinterpreted as a complaint.....not so. It was just info on how to fix a feeder not showing on the FR24 map. Just create a new one!!
              That's not "fixing" it, that's fuxing it, in other words, you implement a workable fix to the issue but NOT fixing the actual issue, so in time minus X from now, the same problem can/will reoccur, are you going to just create a new one every time it happens

The problem is FR24 has inadequacies in there system, due to faulty code, or deliberate policy, either way it is broken.
              I suspect the latter due to Mikes statements, I wont repeat here why I think thats wrong, I have already done so elsewhere in detail on these forums and clearly it was treated with contempt, its their network, they can show "guesses" to suite themselves, but not a single feeders data.

Comment

• I am not talking about sharers data not being displayed because there are many sharers in an area, or there are F-xxxx sharers in an area I mean if your sharer acc is broken and nothing from you is displayed. All I know is by creating a new account my data is now being displayed......sometimes at least.
                Mike

Comment

I am not talking about sharers data not being displayed because there are many sharers in an area, or there are F-xxxx sharers in an area I mean if your sharer acc is broken and nothing from you is displayed. All I know is by creating a new account my data is now being displayed......sometimes at least.
                  Mike
                  As one who understands coding, systems engineering - it could very well be related, it goes to point their systems have issues, and lets face it they have told many people here many times different stories - I see this daily from programmers who try hide their mistakes, or dont wont "joe average" knowing. fr24 certainly lacks transparency to its volunteer feeders, you know, people that make fr24 what it is.

Comment

• Hi all,

T-YSBK22 is now up and running at Old Toongabbie (near Parramatta). I was hoping I would have YWST (Westmead Hospital) as my ID, but Bankstown will do.

Running on a temporary WinXP VM at the moment until I get the RPi sorted on the weekend. Antenna is a temporary dipole until my A3 arrives - it's apparently in Australia according to the DHL tracking website, I just have to wait for AusPost to extract their digit.

Hopefully once I get the A3 up in the air, it will provide really good coverage of the Careflight choppers into Westmead Hospital.

Cheers,

Andrew
                    T-YSBK22

Comment

• I can't help but concur with previous comments on this thread and others. If we are after quality on FR24 we are being short changed. The following aircraft (SIA232 SYD-SIN on receiver T-YSSY40 transiting via Richmond VOR) took off from SYD but it's flight and subsequent track only begins to display some miles from the airport. Airport ground traffic is clearly visible in the pic. My own receiver picks them up long before this point (of SIA232's start location) but this isn't the issue.

SIA232.jpg

I've posted many similar, there are a multitude of uploaders ('T' and 'F') here around SYD and we still cant get it right. If I get the usual 'read the FAQ' explaining why aircraft don't display (I've been here longer than most and know that one) or the where's the raw data quiz I'll scream. There is something wrong with the way aircraft are being processed on the map. They are displaying ok on my receiver and I'd hazard a guess, umpteen dozen other radars yet don't get displayed, either correctly or in some cases I've seen, at all. Perhaps it is for this very reason that the server just cant handle the input, let alone produce an acceptable output on the map. I've watched numerous flights from SYD heading out on my receiver that are simply not on the map at all. Something has changed- the quality of the map display has diminished over time.

And before I'm again criticised for bringing up the subject, I've checked it on a number of browsers, pc's/laptops. The tracks of some aircraft are not displaying on the map. In past posts they weren't displaying for some 60nm from SYD. I cant show a map pic of the aircraft that don't display at all- they aren't there.

I can't keep this up much longer but I have to make the point- something needs attention. Just what that something is I don't know, that's above my pay grade. As an uploader and user of FR24 and one who loves the bloody thing I'd just like to see these issues taken seriously and fixed. I think Ressy is correct it's 'fuxed'. (Pardon the New Zealand accent).

Regards,
                      Gregg

EDIT: I've checked this flight again now it is nearing the Queensland border to the north and the result is the same- the flight never originated from SYD but a few miles east of Prospect Reservoir almost in Sydney Harbour (or the Parramatta River to be precise). Didn't know they had floats on an A380.

Please don't shoot me, I'm simply delivering the message.

Here's another one (an Airbus A332 with skids this time) on T-YSBK12 radar this afternoon (at time pic was taken);

GIA713.jpg Taking off from Prospect Reservoir instead of SYD. Not sure why I bother quoting the radars as they are unimportant.

... and again some time later;

GIA713_2.jpg still tracking from the west of SYD.

Come to think of it, if I didn't know any better I'd suggest the trails look more like MLAT aircraft trails. Hmm.. some of the data from the start of their flights is being junked. Wonder why that would be?
                      Last edited by fungus; 2015-05-08, 07:33. Reason: additional info
                      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Originally posted by rodeo View Post
                        Hi all,

T-YSBK22 is now up and running at Old Toongabbie (near Parramatta). I was hoping I would have YWST (Westmead Hospital) as my ID, but Bankstown will do.

Running on a temporary WinXP VM at the moment until I get the RPi sorted on the weekend. Antenna is a temporary dipole until my A3 arrives - it's apparently in Australia according to the DHL tracking website, I just have to wait for AusPost to extract their digit.

Hopefully once I get the A3 up in the air, it will provide really good coverage of the Careflight choppers into Westmead Hospital.

Cheers,

Andrew
                        Welcome to FR24 Andrew,

You're from part of my old stomping ground (both Toongabbie and the hospital). Had the odd ale at the bowling club and Wenty Leagues/RSL too in the distant past. Great to see the coverage from Westmead Hospital and the rescue choppers from there as they do great work. One of my rescue officers was treated there for a chainsaw accident and my eldest son was born there (fungus are spreading everywhere ). Hopefully when they get this issue with flights failing to show properly on the map coverage will be even better. I also think YWST may have been more appropriate but that's another issue entirely.

Good luck with aussie post as I've had issues with them in the past but fortunately each was eventually sorted.

Regards,
                        Gregg
                        Last edited by fungus; 2015-05-08, 07:02.
                        YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• T-YSBK22 is now using its permanent RPi .... still on the temporary antenna, however my A3 arrived today (yay!) so hopefully I'll get it up in the air tomorrow afternoon :-)
                          T-YSBK22

Comment

• Originally posted by rodeo View Post
                            T-YSBK22 is now using its permanent RPi .... still on the temporary antenna, however my A3 arrived today (yay!) so hopefully I'll get it up in the air tomorrow afternoon :-)
                            Andrew,

I've been checking out the A3 on the net and it looks to be a good purchase although I haven't seen it before or had experience with it. As you may see from the pic below my 1090SJ suffers from one issue- the sulphur crested cockies, long billed corellas and galahs love chewing the base of the antenna, something it appears yours wont suffer as my bracket gives them a perfect 'perch' on which to sit and do their best to put paid to the antenna. So far it hasn't compromised it other than cosmetic although and had I known, would have given it some better protection other than weatherproof and insulation tape. I had to replace the amp after a lightning strike recently. One day I might get the home brew up for a test run outdoors as only tested indoors so far with promising results.

1090SJ.jpg

Hope you get it up and running tomorrow as planned.

Regards,
                            Gregg
                            Last edited by fungus; 2015-05-08, 15:22.

Comment

• Originally posted by fungus View Post
                              Andrew,

As you may see from the pic below my 1090SJ suffers from one issue- the sulphur crested cockies, long billed corellas and galahs love chewing the base of the antenna, something it appears yours wont suffer as my bracket gives them a perfect 'perch' on which to sit and do their best to put paid to the antenna.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6039[/ATTACH]

Hope you get it up and running tomorrow as planned.

Regards,
                              Gregg
                              Glue one of this "anti Birds" strips and they wont land.
                              81IOONiTlSL._SL1500_.jpg538_1149_bird-spike-1ft.JPG
                              F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdie View Post
                                Glue one of this "anti Birds" strips and they wont land.
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]6044[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6045[/ATTACH]
                                Nifty idea, but I wouldn't use anything metallic that close to the antenna - long plastic ties are ideal
                                I got that idea from all those pesky 30cm long ties, when I only needed a circumference loop of 5cm
                                half a dozen of them, and all birds gone - I even have them on my TV antenna, heh.

Comment

Working...
                                X