No announcement yet.

Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBAL278 is heading towards the Upper Hunter after the spending a few days out near Cobar and HBAL277 is over Central Victoria after the Australian tour.
    Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 8.00.34 PM.png
    F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Hi all, been working away but finally got my pi up and running. Here's hoping for uninterupted feed. Happy with stats page,great to see whats actually going on. Good numbers for 12 hours considering it was night period(lack of planes) and heaps of cloud/stormy weather. One thing I've noticed last night/this morning is that planes are behind their tracking line on my pc. A lag of the plane to track so to speak. This seems to be for all planes not just ones my radar is tracking. Im not sure if it has something to do with my settings on the pi locale or timezone to the feeder software but as i said its all planes. Anyone else notice this? Any thoughts appreciated
      cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen P View Post
        Hi all, been working away but finally got my pi up and running. Here's hoping for uninterupted feed. Happy with stats page,great to see whats actually going on. Good numbers for 12 hours considering it was night period(lack of planes) and heaps of cloud/stormy weather. One thing I've noticed last night/this morning is that planes are behind their tracking line on my pc. A lag of the plane to track so to speak. This seems to be for all planes not just ones my radar is tracking. Im not sure if it has something to do with my settings on the pi locale or timezone to the feeder software but as i said its all planes. Anyone else notice this? Any thoughts appreciated
        cheers
        Seems to be a global issue... Some a/c I selected behaved that way. FR24 will work on it... Their servers haven't been working smoothly for quite a while now.
        Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-08-10, 01:23.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
          Seems to be a global issue... Some a/c I selected behaved that way. FR24 will work on it... Their servers haven't been working smoothly for quite a while now.
          Yeah, yesterday I notice an entire blanked out area, Stephen will know the Kingaroy area, I was detecting 3 aircraft within that area in all directions, none showed up on FR24, the same area that I know is saturated also by F-YBSU2, F-YBBN3, T-YBBN1, and probably bunch of others, yet other a/c all over were detected and shown elsewhere, very strange indeed

Comment

• Interesting to see TGW536 (MEL to BNE) turn back to Melbourne over Wagga Wagga, missed getting a screenshot from my VRS.
            Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 8.43.42 PM.png
            F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Howdy all,

A few photos of the T-YGEL3 setup
              2014-07-12 09.05.46.jpg2014-07-12 09.05.53.jpg

Comment

• Looks like its located at the airport terminal?

TGW536 was turned back due to a medical emergency, makes me wonder why they didn't divert to Canberra (which isn't served by Tiger but is closer then Melbourne).
                F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Originally posted by numloxx View Post
                  Howdy all,

A few photos of the T-YGEL3 setup
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]4624[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4625[/ATTACH]
                  It is a FR24 kit right? At least the antenna and cable seems to be so. Shame the antenna can't be placed at the top, but if you are getting about 225+nm that's quite good from it's location. So is it located at an airport?

By the way, what are those 2 round antenna for above the adsb antenna? For HF?

Comment

• The cone shaped antenna looks to be for GPS. The other one looks to be a crossed-loop antenna for direction finding?
                    F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen P View Post
                      Hi all, been working away but finally got my pi up and running. Here's hoping for uninterupted feed. Happy with stats page,great to see whats actually going on. Good numbers for 12 hours considering it was night period(lack of planes) and heaps of cloud/stormy weather. One thing I've noticed last night/this morning is that planes are behind their tracking line on my pc. A lag of the plane to track so to speak. This seems to be for all planes not just ones my radar is tracking. Im not sure if it has something to do with my settings on the pi locale or timezone to the feeder software but as i said its all planes. Anyone else notice this? Any thoughts appreciated
                      cheers
                      go to http:\\ipaddress-of-pi:8080

are the lagging there, if not it's FR24's doing

Comment

• Originally posted by YSWG View Post
                        The cone shaped antenna looks to be for GPS. The other one looks to be a crossed-loop antenna for direction finding?
                        The Cone shaped antenna is to do with the Lightning Detection equipment at the airport. I don't think it is GPS, but cannot confirm.

Comment

• Hi Everyone - just wanted to say hello and that I've started feeding FR24 from North Curl Curl headland via YSSY33 and PP via "ed", coverage is set to improve when I can get the mast up above the roof, it's currently only traffic between 90 and 220 degrees but getting a good range of up to 250nm.

My setup is a Raspberry Pi B+ attached directly to the antenna in a very rudimentary waterproof housing, I tried it with 1m of RG-58 and the signal dropped dramatically hence problems getting it up higher at the moment I'm going to try a longer 5v power supply and hope that the power to the Pi over a longer run still works.

pi.jpg

If anyone has any great ideas about the setup happy to hear them!

Gary
                          YSSY33

Comment

• If you are only using 1m and getting signal loss, there is something wrong. Either the antenna, or the connectors or the cable.
                            But if you are getting 250nm, that's extremely good. My setup at F-YGEL3 is FR24 supplied equipment, 10m of coaxial cable, and I'm getting 220-230nm range with the antenna located on the second floor of the airport terminal building, on top of an antenna mast.

Comment

• Originally posted by garazy View Post
                              Hi Everyone - just wanted to say hello and that I've started feeding FR24 from North Curl Curl headland via YSSY33 and PP via "ed", coverage is set to improve when I can get the mast up above the roof, it's currently only traffic between 90 and 220 degrees but getting a good range of up to 250nm.

My setup is a Raspberry Pi B+ attached directly to the antenna in a very rudimentary waterproof housing, I tried it with 1m of RG-58 and the signal dropped dramatically hence problems getting it up higher at the moment I'm going to try a longer 5v power supply and hope that the power to the Pi over a longer run still works.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4636[/ATTACH]

If anyone has any great ideas about the setup happy to hear them!

Gary
                              Agree with numloxx, sounds like connector issue, but if you really want height for no loss, try a 20 mtr active USB lead, assuming the RPi has enough grunt to power it, at 1 watt I can't see why not, but dont have RPI's to play with so maybe not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ressy View Post
                                Agree with numloxx, sounds like connector issue, but if you really want height for no loss, try a 20 mtr active USB lead, assuming the RPi has enough grunt to power it, at 1 watt I can't see why not, but dont have RPI's to play with so maybe not.
                                Either an active USB lead or PoE injector + splitter would do. PoE of course works well for longer lengths up to 100m. For the pi you would need to get an adapter to change from the round DC barrel to microusb that powers the Pi. Nice to know you are using the B+.

Comment

Working...
                                X