Page 2 of 127 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussie Feeders

My antenna and pre-amp are now on the mast about 10m above ground level, and I'm seeing aircraft 3 times more distant than before

I am now picking up aircraft that are halfway between Perth and Kalgoorlie, and also 2/3rds of the distance between Perth and Geraldton, giving a decent overlap of coverage with Y-GEL1

And I can see planes on the ground at YPPH, which I am most pleased about.
    - Matt
    T-YPPH2

Quote Originally Posted by JinbaIttai View Post
    My antenna and pre-amp are now on the mast about 10m above ground level, and I'm seeing aircraft 3 times more distant than before

I am now picking up aircraft that are halfway between Perth and Kalgoorlie, and also 2/3rds of the distance between Perth and Geraldton, giving a decent overlap of coverage with Y-GEL1

And I can see planes on the ground at YPPH, which I am most pleased about.
    Matt,
    Great work mate and looking forward to checking out the west. Hoping to get my 1090sj back up and running one day soon.

Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2013-02-10 at 04:31.

Super Moderator
    Nice. Make sure your uploader is indicating Ground Traffic [YES] so everyone else sees it too. Else it might need to have a flag changed server end

I seem to get ground readings now and then, but either not enough to make it change to yes, or its a server side flag.. not too sure

Good call - I just checked, my uploader shows GND: YES and right now fr24 shows thai 481 taxiing to the gate with my radar code
    - Matt
    T-YPPH2

Passenger
    Hi Gregg, is the 1090sj a homebrew antenna or something that can be purchased in Australia ? I am using the mag mount antenna that came with my SBS1-er.

Regards Sean

Quote Originally Posted by YPAD View Post
    Hi Gregg, is the 1090sj a homebrew antenna or something that can be purchased in Australia ? I am using the mag mount antenna that came with my SBS1-er.

Regards Sean
    Sean,
    It was a manufactured antenna that one of the chat mods (Delcomp) brought out for me from Germany on a visit. Sorry but I dont know where or if it's available here. They may know more on the chat.

Il'll see if i can find the link;
    http://www.ssejim.co.uk/26-sseads1090sj.htm

news isnt good, no more pic and discontinued by the looks of it, Sorry mate

Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2013-02-10 at 13:25.

Spotted: Radar F-YPPH3 (F signifying it's an FR24 deployed box) in addition to T-YPPH3 and T-YPPH2 (me)

Getting some good coverage out here now - a big difference from only 2 months ago when there was nothing.
    - Matt
    T-YPPH2

I went online about 23 hours ago. It would have been sooner but that lightning storm convinced me being on a tin roof with an antenna wasn't a good place to be.
    My altitude isn't that great being close to the beach, but the antenna is up reasonably high and I have an excellent view of the sky all around.
    Rob, VK6UFO
    F-YPPH3
    o410E

Welcome Rob!
    I was offline for a few hours tonight, I had a power outage and my UPS was unhappy and did not restart.
    - Matt
    T-YPPH2

You probably suffered from one of the many pole-top fires Perth had yesterday, Same every year... no rain for three months then when we get some, blammo.
    I'd like to plug the FR24 into the UPS but it's too far away and the network isn't on UPS either.
    Fixed my sig by the way oops
    Rob, VK6UFO
    F-YPPH3
    o410E